PDA

View Full Version : Pizzolla's Fulcrum Pace

Charlie
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Handicapping Magic by Michael Pizzola is a well written book that deals with Thoroughbred racing and not Harness racing. But nevertheless, I'm wondering if anyone has applied his Fulcrum Pace methodolgy to Harness racing. I'd be interested in any responses. Thanks......

Sinner369
08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Charlie:

By fulcrum pace you mean "the fastest second call" which in harness racing
is the 3/4 mile point?...........If yes........ I have used it!

But like all the other handicapping methods, books, procedures it is only ONE FACTOR...........you need more than one.................!

Bob Pandolfo wrote a article on the 3/4M point........look in the archives at
ustrotting.com.

There is not much material on harness racing so I read the popular books for thoroughbreds and modify to harness to see if it works!

Hope this answer your question!

sinner

Charlie
08-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Sinner369.... Certainly I understand there are many other handicapping factors needed to handicap a race, but just wanted to know if the Fulcrum had been tried by any on this board. I too utilize Thoroughbred handicapping books and try to apply some ideas to Harness racing. And of course I have read Pandy's articles and am still awaiting his supposedly new book. And yes, I understand that at the mile distance, the fulcrum would be at the 3/4 mile call. Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

Charlie
08-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Sinner369... The Fulcrum is not who can run to the 3/4 mile call the fastest. As Pizzola states, Very simply put, the Fulcrum Pace is a conservative estimate of what second call pace the horses in today's race must run against to compete successfully. Say by his method the conservative estimate is 126.0. Then any horse that has shown uncompetitive races versus around 126.0 should be eliminated as a contender to win today's race. I just wonder if anyone has used the Fulcrum as a handicapping tool for Harness racing.

Sinner369
08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Charlie:

It's none of my business but are you trying to create a formula for handicapping harness horses?

If you wish to contact me privately I can be reached at peachtree95@hotmail.com

sinner