PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything more annoying...

cj
08-10-2008, 05:45 PM
...than the fake crowd noise pumped in as they near the wire at Arlington? It is so over the top it drives me nuts.

Jeff P
08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Sadly, they aren't the only ones doing it. But yes. It's annoying.

-jp

DJofSD
08-10-2008, 06:51 PM
cj, don't get me started about all the short comings of T'bred racing on TV.

And sadly to say, the on track experience is not far behind. My number one complaint de jour: on track at DMR, the portion of the electronic display board -- what we use to call the tote board -- that contains the pool totals for the straight bets disappears right as the horses start to load into the gate. So, for the last minute to two minutes of the betting period, you'll see the win, place and show amounts for the entrants but no pool totals.

I will admit that probably 99% of the people on track couldn't care less about the information that's on the tote board let alone value the complete information being available but I expect to see it. When they take it away to display a message writ large, horses loading, I just have to shake me head in disgust.

Bruddah
08-10-2008, 07:06 PM
...than the fake crowd noise pumped in as they near the wire at Arlington? It is so over the top it drives me nuts.

I have to admit it nauseated me as well. My first thought, is this a rerun of a sitcom. It was so phoney, they should be ashamed.

Hell, if they insist on doing it, spend some money to make it sound "REAL". More and more each day, I believe the Powers in Racing are just plain stupid or at best, someone's in bred relatives. I think their pedigrees need to be examined closely.

DJofSD
08-10-2008, 07:16 PM
At least for the polytrack surfaces they should update the sound track so it's more realistic. :rolleyes:

kenwoodallpromos
08-10-2008, 07:59 PM
At least for the polytrack surfaces they should update the sound track so it's more realistic. :rolleyes:
With a laugh track??

OTM Al
08-10-2008, 09:08 PM

Other people's children? Sorry, couldn't help it.....

I find the fake sound of pounding hooves even more silly than the crowd noise btw

alhattab
08-10-2008, 10:10 PM

I found Bob Costas doing a Tim Russert impression to be very annoying.

ldiatone
08-11-2008, 08:40 AM

i didn't know that :eek: must be the same think with the fake birds callls on the Masters TV btoadcast :cool:

ryesteve
08-11-2008, 10:39 AM
...than the fake crowd noise pumped in as they near the wire at Arlington? It is so over the top it drives me nuts.What annoys me the most is that it doesn't even sound like people watching a race... I'd swear it was people riding a roller coaster...

cj
08-11-2008, 10:58 AM
What annoys me the most is that it doesn't even sound like people watching a race... I'd swear it was people riding a roller coaster...

Exactly...the announcer is good and they ruin his calls with that silly stuff. There are probably like 52 people at the track.

They even did it during the Million and the other big races.

misscashalot
08-11-2008, 11:14 AM
crowd noise? what about bird chirps

walk the grounds of the Royal Hawaiian hotel in Waikiki Honolulu
and youll hear plently of birds....that sound is piped in

Track Phantom
08-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I really dont mind the crowd noise. It is a bit silly but I can understand why it is there.

1st time lasix
08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
more annoying? Yes....self-centered loud degenerate jerks who scream "die"..."break a leg"...."fall down"...."fix"...or cuss like drunken sailors as if they are the only ones at the venue. Watching a screen at the Simulcast... or live. Give me some innocent piped in cheering crowd noise over those "a__holes" anytime!

JeremyJet
08-11-2008, 12:17 PM

Hey, cj, there were over 30,000 people in attendance at Arlington Park for the Million. :kiss:

JeremyJet

cj
08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey, cj, there were over 30,000 people in attendance at Arlington Park for the Million. :kiss:

JeremyJet

I know, and they still had to resort to the sound machine? It just sounds very amateurish.

socantra
08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Have you guys considered the fact that there are children conspiring to play on your lawns at this very moment.

RichieP
08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Have you guys considered the fact that there are children conspiring to play on your lawns at this very moment.

:eek: :lol: :lol: