PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga - Aug 09 2008 - 1st day

Red Knave
08-09-2008, 09:31 PM
We had a small but capable turnout today. Andicap, OTM Al, FiveOutaSix and myself in the tent today. Andy and I were late, had no extension cords, had very few sodas in our small coolers yet everyone had a good time.
All in all a positive day at Saratoga, betting-wise.

Looking forward to the same bunch tomorrow, plus BillW and Tom (:jump: ).
We ask everyone to do their Sun dance to keep the rain clouds away.

Tom
08-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Hitting the road in 8 hours.
STILL printing out my PPs for Monday.....sheeze!

rrbauer
08-10-2008, 07:38 AM
We had a small but capable turnout today. Andicap, OTM Al, FiveOutaSix and myself in the tent today. Andy and I were late, had no extension cords, had very few sodas in our small coolers yet everyone had a good time.
All in all a positive day at Saratoga, betting-wise.

Looking forward to the same bunch tomorrow, plus BillW and Tom (:jump: ).
We ask everyone to do their Sun dance to keep the rain clouds away.

I'll be in Wed. Can bring a 50-ft heavy duty ext cord with 3 outlets if you want . Lemme know before Tuesday.

Pcon04
08-10-2008, 08:01 AM
goog morning
where are u guys located in the festival tent again??

thanks
pcon

Red Knave
08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
goog morning
where are u guys located in the festival tent again??

thanks
pcon
Just look for the laptops.

And the degenerates.

That'll be us. :)

Usually in the NE(I think) corner (closest to the fence, closest to the Union St entrance). Ask for table 10.

Red Knave
08-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I'll be in Wed. Can bring a 50-ft heavy duty ext cord with 3 outlets if you want . Lemme know before Tuesday.We should be okay but if you can toss it in the car ... :)

Pcon04
08-10-2008, 09:47 PM
was there missed u guys.
after the rain there were so many people under the tents
I gave up..Hopefully next year
hope u all had FUN and won..
pcon

Red Knave
08-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Sorry to have missed a couple of guys on Sunday.
Just for future reference the Festival Tent is just west of the main Union Street entrance up against the fence. Walk in the Union St entrance, turn right and walk about 150 yards.
Other than the rain, it was a pretty good afternoon of racing. Tom and BillW were there along with myself, Andicap, FiveOutaSix and OTM Al and his wife, Cathy (I think). I hope I remembered her name right because she made the Sunday giveaway much more wearable. Thanks again.

Looks like more rain today but clearing some towards the end of the week.
Who cares, it's Saratoga. :)

Bubbles and Silver Sow were intending to come up today and I hope they do. It should be easy pickins with all the scratches we should see today. ;)

SilverSow
08-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Yep, we'll be there around noon-ish... bringing my bartender... well, AND Bubbles...

:)

Dave

fiveouttasix
08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Guys
I'm back in NJ at work today, wishing I was still at Saratoga.
Good luck the rest of the week with the weather and wagering!
Jim

rrbauer
08-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Yep, we'll be there around noon-ish... bringing my bartender... well, AND Bubbles...

Dave

Yeah, but are you bringing any beer? :eek:

BillW
08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, but are you bringing any beer? :eek:

Gallons and gallons of Utica Club :lol:

... from the tent

Bill

rrbauer
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
OMG He remembers that! Bring on the Genessee!

OK on the beer. I was worried I would have to bring the expensive stuff like Coors Light, but sounds like Burgermeister will do.

Left a phone message....are the tents really air conditioned this year????

Buddha
08-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I miss being up there. I really wish I could have made it. With all luck, I will be there next year.

Red Knave
08-11-2008, 10:05 PM
With all luck, I will be there next year.We're all missing the "Best Bettor in Ohio", Buddha.
Next year bring that cj fella too. :)

Red Knave
08-11-2008, 10:22 PM
We started out with the main track muddy, most races off the turf, multiple scratches and the threat of more rain. The weather got worse and all the turf races were moved but we had a great day meeting a bunch of PA'ers.
Along with the "usual suspects", we had Silver Sow and Bubbles (who actually bet against the chalk in a couple of races), Reracing (who saved me a walk in the rain by driving me back to the house), a quick hello from Racebook Joe, Cratman and a friend (who dropped off a few grandstand (i.e. indoor) tickets for us) and last, but certainly not least, that lovely southern belle, Grits.
Silver Sow hit a couple of nice ones and Tom was on fire at the end of the day with 2 7-1 shots splashing home in front.
We had to broil our burgers indoors but we were able to sit out by the pool and eat them as we swapped lies into the evening so it all turned out well.
And for those who care, the Scotch is holding out, but just barely. :)

Grits
08-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Red Knave, thank you sweetheart, you're kind. And you're handsome too. (wink)

When you're a southern girl, its not something you can easily hide. Its just obvious as sin. No gettin' around it.

It was good to see all of you, though I wish we'd been under blue skies instead of the rain all afternoon. By day's end--I could feel pin feathers all over, my feet felt webbed and my topsiders were just absolutely nasty. But in true degenerate style . . . I was there y'all, slogging about in the mess until Lisa Lewis' #4 crossed under the wire in the finale.

I swear, I think I may have been the only woman not under the grandstand, but in the backyard by the walking path--watching horses as they headed to the paddock.

Here's hoping for blue skies and good racing luck this coming week, guys.;)

rrbauer
08-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Red Knave, thank you sweetheart, you're kind. And you're handsome too. (wink)

When you're a southern girl, its not something you can easily hide. Its just obvious as sin. No gettin' around it.

It was good to see all of you, though I wish we'd been under blue skies instead of the rain all afternoon. By day's end--I could feel pin feathers all over, my feet felt webbed and my topsiders were just absolutely nasty. But in true degenerate style . . . I was there y'all, slogging about in the mess until Lisa Lewis' #4 crossed under the wire in the finale.

I swear, I think I may have been the only woman not under the grandstand, but in the backyard by the walking path--watching horses as they headed to the paddock.

Here's hoping for blue skies and good racing luck this coming week, guys.;)

Nothin' could be finer than to be from Carolina..........right? I'm heading in from Bristol and bringing nothing but good weather with me.....and, my Saratoga bankroll!!

SilverSow
08-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Rich...

I'm still bringing Coors Light.. if you bring that cheap crap you can be absolutely certain that you'll have it all to yourself...

Seeya tomorrow...

Dave

John
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi Guys....Sorry about the weather.

Charlie , David and me will be up Saturday morning for the week end. We had to cut off Friday because David's horse "HotShort Brown " is running Friday at Suffolk Downs. and we all decided to stay down and go in the winner's circle and get our picture taken, cash our tickets and head for the SPA.

:) :) :)

RaceBookJoe
08-12-2008, 06:03 PM
It was great to meet a few of you yesterday. A messy track but a fun day. Had a couple winners but threw a few out for price ( of course they came in too). Had a small win wager on the 12-1 shot in the 5th? , tried to hit a big exacta and threw out Smokin Hero...oh well. The worst day at Saratoga still beats the best day at work everytime. Great to have a site to keep talking horses and hope to meet up again next year...or anytime one of you gets out to vegas. My flight got cancelled so another night in albany..oh well. rbj

OTM Al
08-12-2008, 07:49 PM
A night stuck in Albany!!!!!! I hope you can get that stench off you before the end of the year :) Weather was much nicer today so hope your trip back home was a smooth one.

Despite the rain it has been great so far. Taking tomorrow off. Fortunately the parrot wasn't too mad at me when I got home today. Ready to come back firing Thursday. The weather report actually showed some nice days coming up, so can't wait to get back and can't wait to meet a few more new faces.

PS Bubbles, lose the sunglasses. They are so highschool!

rrbauer
08-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Rich...

I'm still bringing Coors Light.. if you bring that cheap crap you can be absolutely certain that you'll have it all to yourself...

Seeya tomorrow...

Dave

Finally! I get a rise out of ya. Dave you know very well that I wouldn't bring "cheap crap". But, now that I know what you're bringing for US to drink all I can say is THANKS! :ThmbUp: :)

SilverSow
08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Finally! I get a rise out of ya. Dave you know very well that I wouldn't bring "cheap crap". But, now that I know what you're bringing for US to drink all I can say is THANKS! :ThmbUp: :)

Guess I better squirrel a few away for later in the day... LOL...

Dave

rrbauer
08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Guess I better squirrel a few away for later in the day... LOL...

Dave

What a guy. Hardly have two words out of my mouth and he plops a big can of Fosters in front of me. I reciprocated with a little din-din afterwards but he insisted on buying the drinks at the restaurant.

Saw trainer Larry Jones at the restaurant and he told me that he doesn't have any babies up there this year because it's too tough with all of the competition there. You know what I know!

Red Knave
08-13-2008, 09:53 PM
The rain waited today until about 5:00PM. And it didn't really spoil the day.
We had the usual suspects in the tent, including Silver Sow and Bubbles again (they threatened to be here all week :) ), rrbauer (who tore a hole in the track's cashflow today) and SamIAm and his adorable daughter (she's too young for you guys). Apparently the nightcap made for a good getaway race for some. I was in Albany picking up Andicap who was returning from NY city on the train. We expect a few new faces in the house and at the track starting Friday and over the weekend.

For those who may have come looking for us today, we got moved from our favorite table to our second favorite table and then we asked to move closer to the track side of the tent in order to get some power for the laptops. This could happen again so, as I have said before, look for the laptops in the tent. We're the only ones that have them.

The weekend weather is shaping up to be decent so let's everybody wish real hard to keep it that way. And drop by if you're at the track.

SilverSow
08-13-2008, 10:28 PM
What a guy. Hardly have two words out of my mouth and he plops a big can of Fosters in front of me.

And I'm not gonna be the one to relate what those 2 words were! LOLOL... but let me tell ya, this guy knows what he's doing... he had a couple of VERY nice scores today.

In other headlines, Red Knave's right - we certainly did get well at the end of the day... ask Bubbles about his superfecta... of course, if you don't ask he'll tell you anyway!

:D

Dave

Zaf
08-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Nice seeing all you guys today. Weather turned out to be pretty good today. Hope it holds up for the weekend.

Z

Tom
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
However gets the room at the top of the stairs, I think I left some underwear behind. Just throw it out. Might be under the pillow on the right. :eek:

Someone is going to look....I just know it! :D

Red Knave
08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Finally, a very nice day. It only rained for about 20 minutes and during the rain we had a rainbow. rrbauer took off to see if he could find the pot'o'gold and we haven't seen him since. :)

We had a full complement in the tent today. The "usual suspects" which now includes Silver Sow and Bubbles as well as rrbauer (if he ever shows up again ;) ). Silver Sow brought his friend Jimmy, OTM Al and his wonderful wife made the Sunday give away a poor fading memory, Joe Prunes came out of hiding, BillW's brother Rich joined us and cashed a few tickets, SamIAm regaled us with stories of how he hates favorites and Zaf and Andy (I think?) put several C notes through the terminals with what seemed like positive results.

This is the August place to be.

We dined at 99 tonight (a chain I was unfamiliar with) and it was just fine.

More folks expected in the tent on Friday and even more on Saturday. Come check us out in the Festival Tent,

Red Knave
08-14-2008, 10:19 PM
However gets the room at the top of the stairs, I think I left some underwear behind. Just throw it out. Might be under the pillow on the right. :eek:

Thanks for the intimate details which are now seared into my tiny brain and which I will never be able to forget :mad: :( :kiss:

we were afraid to look, we just burned everything :D

cj's dad
08-14-2008, 11:04 PM
I will not venture upstairs; I remember a bathroom downstairs and the fridge with the beer is all I need- see you all tomorrow!!:):)

rrbauer
08-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Pot of Gold? Pot of Bleep is more like it. Inside speed hasn't won a race in 2 days until I have 5 ways out in a P3 with will-pays from $450 to $2900 and the 1-horse wires them! This was not too long after I had announced that I "was going to toss inside speed horses until one of them beat me". Brutal!

Enough to make me want to pound the 12-13 exacta in the 10th (which I did!) and leave (which I did!) and see the result when I got back to my digs (which is not the "house" with the resident animals and the mystery underwear :) ).

I can understand how people can drop by the tent and not find the group. Hell, I was there in the tent and didn't find the group today until after the 2nd race...in fact if I don't call SilverSow on the cell (and listen to "Hey Numb Nuts, where are you at?") I wouldn't of found them either!

Friday after the Spa races we're supposed to go over to the Harness track to eat which means that I might as well print out the Del Mar PP's because the choice will be to either play simulcast races or go downstairs and feed the slots with whatever loose change I may accumulate or go outside and bet the buggies with their $800 win pools. Some choice, eh?

Hope we get some turf races to put in the mix. Tired of cards with 30 scratches. Toga might be the place to be in August, but not when it's raining! Weather does look good for the weekend. Hope SilverSow's beer supply holds up!

Just win baby!

Zaf
08-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey Rich,

They simulcast MNR & CT at the Harness track also :) , so between that & DMR we should be able to avoid those $800 pools. Funny story , last year me and my buddy Andy were doing a parlay at Saratoga Harness, after hitting 6 in a row , our horse in the 7th broke & finished off the board and actually created a minus pool :eek: :bang: Think I will stick to the T Bred simulcast today. See you guys in the tent for the 1st :jump:

Z

John
08-15-2008, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=rrbauer]Pot of Gold? Pot of Bleep is more like it. Inside speed hasn't won a race in 2 days until I have 5 ways out in a P3 with will-pays from $450 to $2900 and the 1-horse wires them! This was not too long after I had announced that I "was going to toss inside speed horses until one of them beat me". Brutal!

At saratoga water drains to the inside. If you catch the inside drying out...the rail becomes Golden ... Best wishes. :) :) :)

rrbauer
08-15-2008, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=rrbauer]Pot of Gold? Pot of Bleep is more like it. Inside speed hasn't won a race in 2 days until I have 5 ways out in a P3 with will-pays from $450 to $2900 and the 1-horse wires them! This was not too long after I had announced that I "was going to toss inside speed horses until one of them beat me". Brutal!

At saratoga water drains to the inside. If you catch the inside drying out...the rail becomes Golden ... Best wishes. :) :) :)

Thanks!

Storm Cadet
08-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Damn, I WAS going to drive up there to see the guys tonight but we are expecting another 2-3 inches of rain with bad storms here on Long Island. And with the expected continued bad weather up in SAR, I'm staying put.

I'll go to Race Palace here on LI if the card is not decimated again.

Dennis...we'll catch up in JGC day at Belmont later.

BillW and Red...catch you guys down the road I guess...keep your eye out for bogus Ed from last year! Wonder what ever happened to that guy anyway???

BillW
08-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Damn, I WAS going to drive up there to see the guys tonight but we are expecting another 2-3 inches of rain with bad storms here on Long Island. And with the expected continued bad weather up in SAR, I'm staying put.

I'll go to Race Palace here on LI if the card is not decimated again.

Dennis...we'll catch up in JGC day at Belmont later.

BillW and Red...catch you guys down the road I guess...keep your eye out for bogus Ed from last year! Wonder what ever happened to that guy anyway???

Weather was great today and expecting more of the same tomorrow. (now at 20% chance of rain). Don't worry about bad weather here.

PaceAdvantage
08-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Yup, weather looks real nice this weekend....good thing too!

John
08-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Red Knave, BillW, Zaf, Joe Prunes Maxspa,Mike [ PA ] and all the rest of the gang. Not that anyone will miss us,But, we have to cancel out and lose our motel deposit too.

Here is what happen, David, was complaining about stomach pains , They did a cat-scan on him Thursday and he has a shadow on his liver, they are doing a MRI to determine what the problem is, Charlie, sold his house and passed papers Friday afternoon . He has to be out of the house in a week or so.Charlie, has a lot to do.

It's raining here now and looks like rain all day. I hate driving alone in bad weather so I am going to pass and watch you guys via TVG. Tell bubbles,I'll miss his picks on 2year olds.

The best to all of you , may your Sky's be bright and sunny and all your horses, run fast.

John

Red Knave
08-16-2008, 09:28 AM
We had to join Zaf and his crew at the harness racino last night and we were there until the last race at Mohawk (which is even later than Charlestown :eek: ) so this post is a bit later than usual (I'm not used to being out so late).

We had a good turnout in the tent yesterday. The usual suspects, BillW's brother Rich, CJ's Dad freshly arrived from Baltimore, SamIAm and his friend Josh, Zaf along with Andy and new arrival Jeff, and OTM Al still putting it in after spending the morning punting and laying at the British races.

Personally, I had breakfast trackside and enjoyed the ambiance. That's a special treat for anyone that hasn't done it.

And we had a wonderful day weather-wise. The sun actually came out in the afternoon after being overcast and clammy in the morning.
Very chalky betting day. I cashed in 7 of 9 races and still lost $50 :confused: .

We have our normal tables in the tent today (at least so far ;) ).

Red Knave
08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
The best to all of you , may your Sky's be bright and sunny and all your horses, run fast. Thanks for the sentiment John.
Give our best to David and tell "Cholly" not to work too hard packing up.

Sorry to miss you guys this year.

Red Knave
08-16-2008, 10:23 AM
We had a good turnout in the tent yesterday. The usual suspects, BillW's brother Rich, CJ's Dad freshly arrived from Baltimore, SamIAm and his friend Josh, Zaf along with Andy and new arrival Jeff, and OTM Al still putting it in after spending the morning punting and laying at the British races. My memory fails me yet again. I forgot to include Joe Prunes. (Hi Joe :) )

Grits
08-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Storm Cadet, wish you were back up here. Miss you.

I hope to try and drop in to see you guys again today.

Tom
08-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey Grits, nice meeting you the other day.
Wish I was still there, too.

Grits
08-17-2008, 10:40 PM
It was good to meet you too, Tom. Great to meet the man behind this fine sense of humor that keeps this place on its toes.

I did come back today, around the 2nd race. But I didn't see BillW, or Red Knave or anyone that I recognized, plus I don't think the laptops were at the same table. I saw elderly folks at that table, dining on what looked like their feast they'd brought from home.

But no PA guys that I recognized.

I've been here for 16 days, my little dog is ready to go, and me--well, I could handle more; but dogs--you know they don't give a hoot for horse racing. So, its time to head down the Northway, hit the Garden State, and on to the Jersey Pike and several hours south towards my I-95 exit in Carolina. Eleven hours, and that's a HARD eleven--really rolling.

Lord, I wish Zoe, my Yorkie, could drive.

Take care guys.

BillW
08-17-2008, 10:45 PM
I got outta town at 7:15 this morning. It was great seeing you again DG, hope you have a nice drive home.

Bill

OTM Al
08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
So here I am, back at work. Complete downer after one of the most fun weeks I've had in years.

First a big thanks to BillW for the organization. It was great to know that there was always going to be that little corner of the track we could call home. I'm really going to miss that when I go back up next weekend.

Second, thanks to Red Knave who helped me get the old confidence back after taking a pretty fierce beating. Could only stay for the first four on Sunday, but before all was said and done I had my money back and a decent amount on top of that. Haven't seen the replay but I just don't want to know how close the 3 was to the 6 in the 5th. Only a difference of $1100 on the P4, but hey, it was still a win, which had been few and far between.

And also a thanks to Andicap, who dared to listen to my longwinded spiel about how to use class handicapping on the English racing circuit and then managed to make it in bright and early to play a couple races with me. Too bad it was such a chalky day and we didn't cash, but I managed to get hold of a Racing Post handicapping guide, similar in tone to Quinn's book, but most importantly a full listing of tracks with the long term biases (as the tracks are not really man-made, these things stick around for a very long time). Plan to come back loaded for bear on this one.

And thanks to all the rest of you guys for being great company. You ever down in NYC on a weekend and want to hit Belmont or the Big A, just let me know and I'm there.

SilverSow
08-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi all...

Personally, I had a blast this past week - tires on the car are melting from the commute but the whole week was great. I took a bath Wednesday & Friday but more than made up for it Monday, Thursday, & Saturday, and at the Friday night excursion to the harness track (I won't mention Saturday night... groan...).

Also, as usual, I really enjoyed the company of a whole bunch of classy (??) guys that I never fail to learn something from... most notably Red Knave, BillW & his brother Rich, CJ's Dad, rrbauer, and Zaf & friends (although I think that one guy was just walking away after every race & writing all those winning numbers on his program & then coming back to show them to us... LOLOLOL). It also goes without saying that this is one of my favorite weeks to spend with my son every year - but I said it anyway.

Thanks to Bill for organizing the whole affair... looking forward to next year already... maybe I should start brewing beer in the meantime, huh Rich?

:D

Dave

Red Knave
08-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I did come back today, around the 2nd race. But I didn't see BillW, or Red Knave or anyone that I recognized, plus I don't think the laptops were at the same table.
But no PA guys that I recognized.Sorry we missed you Grits. A few of us were there early at table 9. After the 4th there was just me and PA and he had to wander out to check on some other friends there. At that point Ted from the RDSS workshop group invited me to join them which turned out to be very enjoyable also.

Lord, I wish Zoe, my Yorkie, could drive.LOL, you should work on that for next year. :)

Red Knave
08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I got back home about midnight last night after a long but uneventful drive, well except for the being tired part. :)
I was telling Ted Craven that twice in past years I left before the final race to try and beat the traffic and in both those years I would have crushed a big triple. Well I stayed this year and got that triple (yes, Andy, another one :) ) which turned the day positive and left me positive for the week. And you know what, the traffic wasn't that bad.
But enough about me. :p

We all had a week to remember. Thanks to Andicap and BillW for arranging the house and getting the Festival tent tables again this year. Thanks for the rest of the guys who were able to make it to the house, Tom, Rich and cj's dad. Thanks to Bubbles and Silver Sow for the "entertainment" package and sorry I didn't get to say goodbye on Saturday. It was a pleasure meeting some new people (OTM Al, FiveOutaSix, Racebook Joe, Cratman, Ted Craven, Jimmy Stewart (yes, really!), Charlie Bedard from Trackmaster and I'm sure I've forgotten somebody) and getting reacquainted with a host of other PAers.

It's difficult to describe to anyone outside the "game" about Saratoga but Jimmy Stewart came close when he said "I've never seen anything like this".

Looking forward to next year.

Bubbles
08-18-2008, 04:30 PM
If anyone has any photos from the gathering, please send them to me via e-mail at achampa1@ithaca.edu, and I'll get them up with mine later on in the week.

cj's dad
08-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Silver Sow (Dave)- thanx 4 the brews - it's hard to pack a cooler and bring it from Baltimore. BTW- this is the 4th year I've been around Bubbles and I understand your drinking.

Bubbles (Andrew) - you're a nice young man - you are gradually wiping that "chalk" off your face and your superfecta philosophy seems to be working for you. However if cj comes up next year, you're on your own.

Red Knave (Bob) - Thanks for the beer run and the transport when an old guy like myself has trouble making the long walk to the Spa

Joe Prunes - I like sitting with a guy like you who has become wise to the ways of these young whippersnappers.

RRBauer- Pull your head up from your notes once in a while and say hi- some were ready to call 911, thought you were comatose.

PA- what happened to the Yanks- my 2nd choice behind the O's.
And stop censoring ME.

Darrell, Jeff and Andy- the NY contingent- had a blast at the Saratoga Harness track- still think the exercise rider at "Horseshoes" would have beat either of you in arm wrestling. Jeff, thanks for the safe ride home. You guys, come to Baltimore this spring for the O's and a day at Laurel Park.

Bill and Rich W. - thanks for the airport transport and the next time you guys actually bet a race, can you wave a flag or something?

Andy - Can you wait til I get my IRS return to cash my rent check?:lol:

I am so glad I was able to come up this year even though it was only for 2 days- thanks all for a really good time.:)

cj's dad
08-18-2008, 08:54 PM
OTM-Al - thanx for the insight re: 2 yr old 1st timers- I had never heard that angle before and will work it.

SamIam ( Dave) - one of these years we will hit the show parley- next year for sure.

Zaf
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Dennis,

I know you don't believe me but I had that exercise rider beat, even with all the Southern Comfort :p Thanks for the invite to Maryland, I will do my best to take you up on it :ThmbUp:

Z

BillW
08-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Another great trip and another year in the history books. To all who were there and made it such a great trip(Bob, Andy G., Dennis, Tom, Mike, Rich B., Dave C., Bubs C., Dave(Sam I Am), Darrel, Andy, Jeff, Al and wife Cathy, Donna Gail, Racebook Joe, Ron E., Cratman, Jim (fiveouttasix), Ted) , thank you for making the week such a pleasure! And to all who missed this years trip (Jack K., Ronnie, Johnny M., Charlie, Craig, Jarrod, Justin, Max, Jack H.) hopefully we'll meet at the Spa next year (or before). And for those I missed feel free to blast away :blush: .

Bill

PaceAdvantage
08-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Man, not one "Thank You" for the stunning weather I brought up with me on Saturday (minus the rogue shower or two) that lasted through Monday...I'm crushed!

Although it sucked that I was only able to make it for the tail-end of the gathering, it was still great to be able to catch up with the getaway regulars and to meet some new faces (OTM Al, Ted Craven).

I'm already starting to think of a few ways to make things bigger and better next year!

Grits
08-20-2008, 08:15 AM
And to think I missed--the "head honcho". That's the pits. PA, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. You could've been sitting in the tent last week when I stopped in again, but heck--I would've had no idea which guy was you.

Thank you for bringing blue skies. I was terribly sick of slogging around in the rain, watching horses along the walking path, then stepping back out of the rain to go to the windows.

BillW, Red Knave, Tom, and all others--glad each of you arrived home safely. My drive South, down I-95 was a very long 12 hours with worse than sin backups and congestion.

There should be a expressway, better yet, an autobahn, built over the Atlantic Ocean. It should begin at the end of the Jersey turnpike and end below Washington DC around Fredricksburg, Va.

It would make my drive a whole lot faster!!!!

Man, not one "Thank You" for the stunning weather I brought up with me on Saturday (minus the rogue shower or two) that lasted through Monday...I'm crushed!

Although it sucked that I was only able to make it for the tail-end of the gathering, it was still great to be able to catch up with the getaway regulars and to meet some new faces (OTM Al, Ted Craven).

I'm already starting to think of a few ways to make things bigger and better next year!

Trijack
08-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Good to hear that all had a great time even with all the rain.
I made the first 3 years but have missed the last three.

This year due to health issues. After going my first 72 years without being in a hospital I have been there twice this year.

Its been good to read about all that I missed even though it made me feel bad about not being there.

Looks like there was a lot of new faces this year.

There is always next year.

Jack K

BillW
08-20-2008, 11:37 AM

Jack K

We're counting on it! :jump:

Bubbles
08-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Red Knave has just sent me his photos from this past week. If anyone else has any pictures, send them to me via e-mail, and I'll add them to what I have on Friday or Saturday so as to give everyone some time to upload and send if they have them.

Tom
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Here is one I took in the paddock Monday.....

Tom
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Here is BillW, Andy, and Bob getting ready to cook out.....

John
08-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Tom, I am still laughing....Good photo

John
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Good to hear that all had a great time even with all the rain.
I made the first 3 years but have missed the last three.

This year due to health issues. After going my first 72 years without being in a hospital I have been there twice this year.

Its been good to read about all that I missed even though it made me feel bad about not being there.

Looks like there was a lot of new faces this year.

Jack K

It was that mountain air and spring water at Saratoga that keeps us health...See you next year Jack.

BillW
08-20-2008, 08:44 PM

Boiled potatoes are ready! :p

Grits
08-20-2008, 09:18 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dying here.
Tom, you are to good.........

joeprunes
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey all, finally got a chance to get up on this site again. Had a great time. Sorry trijack couldnt make it hope we will see you next year(great guy). Red knave glad to be acknowledge. Bill and brother thanks for you help. Z and friends always entertaining. Rich thanks for the beer seems like its gold under the tent. Nice to meet otmal very good capper nows his stuff. Dave good to be hanging with but next year bring your daughter. I sure missed my 2 italian stalions john and charlie. PA good to see you and thanks for your help. Storm cadet we didnt miss you much we found some one else to blow the show parlay(me). Just kidding hope you can make it next year. sow and son(bubbles) I apoligize for acting like an asshole. Grits I met you 2 years ago and I have a yorky, were do you stay that allows dogs. How come your dog dont drive mine does. Andy I like a guy that will look at anything and talk about regarding horse racing.Dennis I saved you for last, holding you responsible for bringging your sons to toga next year, You are also fun to hang with. Budda were the hell were you?..I hope I didnt miss anyone, till next year....joe

SilverSow
08-26-2008, 09:25 PM
sow and son(bubbles) I apoligize for acting like an asshole.

You didn't!

Dave

joeprunes
08-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks dave .....joe

joeprunes
08-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Some one sent me a private message and before I read it I had too many messages and I couldnt get it, I deleted all and now have an empty box to receive messages,please re -send...joe

OTM Al
09-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Well, I saw out the end of the Saratoga meet Monday and I've got to say though I managed to keep myself occupied it sure wasn't as fun without you guys, though I did have the pleasure of hooking back up with Bubbles and Silver Sow and family once again the friday before the Travers. Sadly, my big comeback from the last day of the PA week melted away and then some. So tantilizingly close to a couple big scores that were not to be. Such is horse racing. Got to say though, for those of you that met my wife, next time you see her be sure to ask her who she likes in the super. She hit 8 or 9 of them over the last 2 weeks including 3 on the last day and one was that race with the DQ that still paid her $450 for a dime. And she was only boxing 4 horses! She doesn't bet a whole lot, but unlike many out there, she was there for the whole meet and beat the thing. I'm still shaking my head in amazement.
Just got a chance to see the pictures and they just reminded me how much fun it all was. Don't know if I can ever beat the place but I sure can't wait to be back next year with you guys