PDA

View Full Version : Algeiba goes next Sunday at Monmouth Park!

onefast99
08-09-2008, 08:54 PM
The race is in the book for next Sunday afternoon at MP as we let Algeiba go for the first time in a maiden special weight. He has worked pretty well and is one very smart horse.

Marlin
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
The race is in the book for next Sunday afternoon at MP as we let Algeiba go for the first time in a maiden special weight. He has worked pretty well and is one very smart horse.May the horse be with you. Good luck!

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for keeping us all up to date and best of racing luck!

lamboguy
08-10-2008, 06:27 PM
i think that horse came up to new jersey from sacko's brothers place in ocala a few weeks ago. if that's the right horse, i wonder how much work he did in florida. like if he trained on the training track on the farm, or if they worked him at OBS, and if he has had 5/8 ths works underneath him, just wondering how much foundation he has underneath him.

good luck with your horse, i hope he wins lots of races for you

onefast99
08-10-2008, 07:28 PM
i think that horse came up to new jersey from sacko's brothers place in ocala a few weeks ago. if that's the right horse, i wonder how much work he did in florida. like if he trained on the training track on the farm, or if they worked him at OBS, and if he has had 5/8 ths works underneath him, just wondering how much foundation he has underneath him.

good luck with your horse, i hope he wins lots of races for you
He trained at the Vinery, he has a solid foundation and wants to go long eventually. He is one smart horse and has worked against three horses that have all won Maidens, one by 11 lengths at Delaware and one at MP who won by 5 in the slop. The third one won at Saratoga by a neck.

lamboguy
08-10-2008, 07:38 PM
sounds like you have a real nice horse. he should blow the field apart the first time he runs!

thanks for your help, i truly appreciate it, wow he worked with horses that already won at saratoga and he is going to run in monmouth. now i know why you are so excited.

i hope he gets in next sunday, i know what to do now!!

onefast99
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
sounds like you have a real nice horse. he should blow the field apart the first time he runs!

thanks for your help, i truly appreciate it, wow he worked with horses that already won at saratoga and he is going to run in monmouth. now i know why you are so excited.

I hope he gets in next sunday, i know what to do now!!
The 2yo's are thinned out now at MP. Hopefully they get a full field I think they will let it go with 6.

lamboguy
08-10-2008, 08:00 PM
i wouldn't worry about, since saratoga is running the top trainers send their second string 2 yo's over to monmouth. i know assmussen has 20 stalls there, levine has 2 yo's, and pletcher has plenty of them, and tommy albertrani has been sending over horses. one thing about monmouth, they know the importance of getting your baby started, they bend over backwards to make a race go. also i know rigaterri has a bunch between sulfolk and monmouth. and then you have the regulars like seewald, ryerson, and goldberg, mary hartman, and others.

onefast99
08-11-2008, 08:25 AM
i wouldn't worry about, since saratoga is running the top trainers send their second string 2 yo's over to monmouth. i know assmussen has 20 stalls there, levine has 2 yo's, and pletcher has plenty of them, and tommy albertrani has been sending over horses. one thing about monmouth, they know the importance of getting your baby started, they bend over backwards to make a race go. also i know rigaterri has a bunch between sulfolk and monmouth. and then you have the regulars like seewald, ryerson, and goldberg, mary hartman, and others.
Assmussen always has a bunch, I like the way we are coming into this race, plenty of solid works and he will have Lezcano onboard. The past few 2yo races have been so so, in fact assmussen had two go just on friday and Bravo booted home the longshot part of that group. Elliotts horse cosimo looked very very green.

lamboguy
08-11-2008, 08:58 AM
monmouth has really evolved into a top notch place. in order to be the best you must run with the best, and thats the way monmouth is now. its great to see your enthusiasm for this great sport. i started in this game the same way with a few 2 yo's every year. now i have a couple of horses that i own 100% of that are basic bums, that just cost money every month to keep. i got a few that i have small pieces of that are fairly good, and still sell horses that wind up going all over the place, some turn out real good. when i see someone like you, i get just as excited as you do about your horse. its great to have chances to move them up the ladder. i am glad that you are fortunate to have a good one and share the experience with everyone here.

onefast99
08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
monmouth has really evolved into a top notch place. in order to be the best you must run with the best, and thats the way monmouth is now. its great to see your enthusiasm for this great sport. i started in this game the same way with a few 2 yo's every year. now i have a couple of horses that i own 100% of that are basic bums, that just cost money every month to keep. i got a few that i have small pieces of that are fairly good, and still sell horses that wind up going all over the place, some turn out real good. when i see someone like you, i get just as excited as you do about your horse. its great to have chances to move them up the ladder. i am glad that you are fortunate to have a good one and share the experience with everyone here.
I could tell many stories on the ones we got from Pletcher and Zito and so on who we thought would be the next Lava Man. The claiming game is a tough one, I have been fortunate thus far as the past 6 years we did claim some very good ones(prop me up and d'wild ride) the breeding game is a very different one, you could get a good one and bring it to the sale two people start bidding on it as if it was the hope diamond. I still like staying with the 25k claimers especially the 2 and 3 year olds early on in the year who have the ability to make some money for the stable or have a downside that wont hurt the rest of the barn.

cj's dad
05-11-2009, 12:31 PM
See where this one Dh'd for 2nd yesterday at Monmouth Park race #7. Nice job. Should break out of maiden level soon.

Congrats !!

onefast99
05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
See where this one Dh'd for 2nd yesterday at Monmouth Park race #7. Nice job. Should break out of maiden level soon.

Congrats !!
He ran against a very nice horse who was injured after they crossed the finish line. Algeiba ran an 80 beyer. Three to four weeks before the next one. I also think he would love going long!

Rocklane
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Congrats Onefast. What is the origin of the horse's name?

onefast99
05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Congrats Onefast. What is the origin of the horse's name?
The name means the lion's mane. One of the forum members came up with it he is out of lion heart.

GaryG
05-11-2009, 05:19 PM
http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/algeiba.html

Good luck Silly Goose

Rocklane
05-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Very nice! Thank you.

onefast99
05-11-2009, 05:26 PM
http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/algeiba.html

Good luck Silly Goose
Thanks!~ We had a little seconditis yesterday, should all be winners the next round.

Rocklane
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Very nice. Thank you. Good luck.

peakpros
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks!~ We had a little seconditis yesterday, should all be winners the next round.

excellent effort in a tough stake...

very nice opening weekend with great weather and some exciting racing

onefast99
05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
excellent effort in a tough stake...

very nice opening weekend with great weather and some exciting racing
We had Access Fee eye to eye and we just couldn't get by, the photo says it all. I hope they bring her back up to MP for the Blue Sparkler in June this could be a nice rivalry.