PDA

View Full Version : We have retired our first stakes horse today!

onefast99
08-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Prop Me Up has been officially retired. With nearly 500k in earnings this girl ran with all heart. It is a sad day for us at Silly Goose Racing that we have decided to retire her. She has given us a lot of thrills over the past 4 racing seasons, including a second place in the Rampart at Gulfstream Park on March 11th, 2007 where she lost to Miss Shop but beat Round Pond(2-5) and Swapfliparoo. We sent her to the turf for the L&G Distaff at Tampa and she ran her eyeballs out finishing a close up second. She then came up to Monmouth Park and won a three other then and The Ladys Secret on Haskell day. She also won the Long Look and the Red Cross easily! We decided to put her in the Breeders Cup due to the fact she earned over 250k in 2007 and we felt the home track advantage may get us some ink. She has given us more thrills then any other horse we have ever owned, and now she gets to go to the farm and have some well deserved time to herself. We will miss her at the track. I still can hear Larry Collmus calling last years Lady Secret...and Prop Me Up gets through and there she goes to win the Ladys Secret by two. She will always be our little girl!!!!!

CryingForTheHorses
08-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Onefast I feel your pain!!!...Good for you to give her the chance to be a mother and give her heart to her offspring. Congrats to you for her being where she is.Keep your chinup and cherish the memories.

BUD
08-09-2008, 08:07 PM
...priceless.......cool...And congratulations on your girls career...

onefast99
08-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Onefast I feel your pain!!!...Good for you to give her the chance to be a mother and give her heart to her offspring. Congrats to you for her being where she is.Keep your chinup and cherish the memories.
Thanks! The decision was a difficult one as she brought us more thrills then we could ever dream of! If anyone can put the race feed on from the Ladys Secret last year at Monmouth park I would appreciate it.