PDA

View Full Version : A stand up ride?

Jeff P
08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
08-09-2008 DEL R6

I'll begin this post by saying up front that I didn't bet this race. It's one that I just watched.

Watch the replay. No one wants the lead. The #4 horse, Beatumhome, under Pino, sets the pace in dawdling fractions (26.0 and 51.2.) Swift Strike, the 3-5 favorite under Rosmary Homeister Jr, appears trapped behind the leader down the backstrech and approaching the far turn. She must have screamed something at Pino because at one point on the backstretch he actually turns around and looks at her.

Now, here's the reason for my post:

Nearing the 3/8 ths pole -at the exact moment the pace quickens, instead of going for home, Pino STANDS UP. He takes his horse well off the rail and out of the race - creating plenty of space for Swift Strike to shoot through. Swift Strike doesn't dissapoint and goes on to win from there.

The thing that looks funny to me is that Pino continues to stand up until the entire field has gone by. But he doesn't ease his mount like he would if there were an actual physical problem. Instead, once everyone else has gone by, he begins riding again - and actually goes to the whip a couple of times in the stretch.

The chartcaller's comment says Beatumhome bore out and dropped back. But that's not what happened. Beatumhome bore out and dropped back because Pino stood up.

As a bettor, I'd LOVE to know the real reason Pino stood up like that.

Anyone have any insight?

-jp

Endsweep24
08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
I did just go watch the replay in fact a couple of times IMO there is no Question in my mind that the horse was getting out Go back and watch the replay again you will notice that the horse on 1 line (his inside) which tells you he is getting out.

Endsweep

Dave Schwartz
08-09-2008, 11:10 PM
getting out

What does that mean?

46zilzal
08-09-2008, 11:27 PM
What does that mean?
Trying to bolt to the outside?

Cangamble
08-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Trying to bolt to the outside? This must be a joke that you would ask that question.
It doesn't have to be as severe as bolting. It could also just simply be a horse who is tiring. When they tire they tend to drift to the outside, also sore horses tend to drift out as well.

onefast99
08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
He may have had equipment issues he doesnt look comfortable in the irons. The horse may have displaced or bled. I would bet he bled!