PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 8/9

nobeyerspls
08-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Chalky - Not so good last week, we had three scratches and the ones that ran didn't do to well. This is the worst Saratoga meet weatherwise that I can remember. Has to be a bummer for guys like The Little Guy whos knows NY racing inside out and lives for this meet. Puts up with the innertrack and a subpar Triple Crown and now this.
Longball - Yeah. You can't handicap the turf races early and you have no idea what the dirt surface will be like.
Chalky - Enough whining. Let's soldier on. Your job today is to give me four horses at 10-1 or better and then I'll pick one in each of those races to complete the exacta. One good ticket and we'll be in the black.
Longball - OK. I'll do two at Woodbine and two at Saratoga. In the 1st at Woodbine I'll take #7 Laragh. She's a second lifetime start who ran into some blistering fractions in her debut. Should like the stretchout to 7f for a top trainer/jockey combo. In the 5th I'll go with #4 Glorious Aria. She's listed at 20-1 but could be 50-1 or higher. She beat a total of five horses in her four starts and has never been closer than 13 lengths to the winner. But, that one morning work says she has talent and she gets blinkers on and lasix and a young apprentice who rode a $73 winner for me recently.
Chalky - Wow. That one looks doubtful even if they put a jet pack on her. I'll take #9 Brielle Cat in that race and in the 1st I'll select #4 Van Lear Rose. She ran third in a stakes race and now gets back to maidens. What about Saratoga?
Longball - In the 4th there I'll pick #4 Brilliant Son who runs well fresh for a guy who can get them ready and in the 5th I'll go with #3 Dr. D.F.C. He was beaten less than two lengths in a non-restricted optional claimer and now gets back to state breds. A cleaner break will help.
Chalky - I'll shock you by going with #3 Eternal Star in the 4th instead of the favorite. He seems to like one month between races and is 4 for 5 for the year. #5 Stunt Man is my pick in the 5th. That sprint off a layoff was a nice tuneup for this and he has won at this distance at Saratoga before.
Longball - I'm feeling good about these picks but then I've got a whole box of losing tickets that I felt good about before the race. I guess it's up to the racing gods.
Chalky - Or the weatherman.

facorsig
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Del 1 :5: Jasmine Gardens

facorsig
08-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Del 1 :5: Jasmine Gardens

Nice easy start...

Del 2 :4: Breezy Trip

facorsig
08-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Pha 3 :2:Ms Crystal River