PDA

View Full Version : McCain/Clinton/Obama theory

highnote
08-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I've been hearing from pundits that McCain will probably win and part of the reason is because the Clintons are not enthusiastically supporting Obama. The reason for that is because if McCain wins that sets Hillary up for a run at the Oval office in 2012.

Interesting notion. I wouldn't be surprised. Seems like the country has overdosed on Obama lately. Given his big primary win, maybe Obama's bouncing like Big Brown in the Belmont?

Obama's best shot may be to choose Hillary as a running mate. Could she say no?

If she says "no" publicly what does that do to Obama's chances?

If he doesn't choose Hillary, will she and Bill get behind Obama 100%?

I have to admit, Obama has been incredibly calculating without providing a lot of solutions. I think that strategy is starting to become transparent. He needs some substance.

On the other hand, we've seen that the Clinton's will fight to the very end. So they are also very calculating.

I won't say this is the most important presidential race ever, but it sure is an interesting one -- more like a chess match than a race.

DRIVEWAY
08-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Obama goes to Hawaii for a weeks vacation. Decision time has come. Hillary or no Hillary.

He'll be reading the polls. His aides will be pushing in different directions. Consensus says No Hillary.

Does he have the backbone to pick Hillary? He's flipped on so many issues since winning nomination, that picking Hillary should not hurt with is CHANGE montra.

Obama claims to have Superior Judgement, so he will know that he must pick Hillary to win. But will he.

highnote
08-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Hillary probably would have won the nomination had MI and FL not been a problem.

Would that have meant the majority of voters would have selected the best candidate?

Is the Democratic party experiencing regret?

DRIVEWAY
08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Hillary probably would have won the nomination had MI and FL not been a problem.

Would that have meant the majority of voters would have selected the best candidate?

Is the Democratic party experiencing regret?

If the delegates were winner take all, Hillary is the nominee after Super Tuesday.
Eventually she won 9 out of 10 most populous states.

Also, delegate counts are greater in some areas of a state than others. This is based upon previous election results. Obama gained at least 75-100 delegates this way.

Then there is Texas. Hillary wins primary by 4 percent. With the caucus element and the district delegate weighting, Obama wins more delegates.

Maybe the DNC should implement one person one vote. The real world understands winner take all.

JustRalph
08-09-2008, 12:47 AM
she can't say yes to VP. If so she has to wait until she is 69 to run on her own. I don't see a 69 year old women winning..............no way. No how.....

Let alone being 73+ for the 2nd term............

She is thinking she only has one more chance..........and it's in 4 years when she is 65.......and that's a stretch............

highnote
08-09-2008, 09:44 AM
she can't say yes to VP. If so she has to wait until she is 69 to run on her own. I don't see a 69 year old women winning..............no way. No how.....

Let alone being 73+ for the 2nd term............

She is thinking she only has one more chance..........and it's in 4 years when she is 65.......and that's a stretch............

She has no chance, in my opinion, at 65. But it's the best chance she has. If she loses then, she won't run again at 69.

Still, as VP she would probably strengthen the ticket. And there is always the chance that Obama could get sick or worse which makes her president.

As it is, the only way Obama gets elected is if he makes a great choice for VP. Head to head, McCain probably wins.

Tom
08-09-2008, 10:24 AM
She is already making a power play for the convention.
She has not given up running THIS year yet! :D

highnote
08-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Here's my problem with this year's election -- neither candidate offers us viable solutions to any major issue.

The best McCain can do is criticize Obama. This quote is from McCain's radio address:
In the meantime, let me take a stab at a plot summary of the Obama campaign: America is finally winning in Iraq, and he wants to forfeit. Government is too big, and he wants to grow it. Taxes are too high, and he wants to raise them. Congress spends too much, and he proposes more. We need more energy, and he's against producing it.

Here is Obama in a taped address before leaving for Hawaii:

In recent days, we’ve seen two stark examples of exactly what’s wrong with Washington, and what’s at stake in this election. First, we learned that the federal budget deficit could reach nearly half a trillion dollars next year. … The second thing we learned this week was that the Iraqi government now has a $79 billion budget surplus thanks to their windfall oil profits. …

“I believe that we need to move in a new direction. … This is a defining moment in our history. We can either continue down a failed course, or we can choose a better future.

Both candidates are long on rhetoric and short on solutions. I could care less what Obama thinks about McCain or what McCain thinks about Obama. Tell me what the hell you plan to do when you're in office!

The voters are left to choose between the lesser of two blowhards. All voters can do is stand behind the one that most closely mirrors the voter's philosophies -- or not vote or vote for a third party who is sure to lose.

Get ready for 4 more years of the same thing. 4 more years of the uncertainty of war. 4 more years of the uncertainty of health care. For more years of uncertainty with regards to energy dependence. I don't see anything changing. I just see more of the same thing -- uncertainty.

Tom
08-09-2008, 11:32 AM
The Gang of 10 in congress is a perfect example.
Totally clueless.
the repubs gave away the farm to the dems just to say that they accomplished something! Duh?

You do not compromise your core beliefs. Not one of them,ever. If you compromise, you are a loser. Period.

It is sad that so few of our elected officials live in the same country as we do.

highnote
08-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Obama has not promised to do much. What has McCain promised to do?

Tom
08-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Obama has not promised to do much. What has McCain promised to do?

Whatever you want to hear.

Who care what he promises? His actions speak louder than his words.
We can expect amnesty and caving in tot he dems at every opportunity, to prove he can be bi-partisan. He need not speak a word.....he already has thumbed his nose at most of us. Screw him and the Rascal he rode in on.

highnote
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
McCain was one of the authors of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act.

Hmmm. An Arizona Senator who favors Indian Gaming.

Hey, Sen. John Kyl -- isn't he the Arizona Senator who opposes online gaming?

Could it be Kyl is protecting Indian Gaming?

Sorry. I digress.

equicom
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
You do not compromise your core beliefs. Not one of them,ever. If you compromise, you are a loser. Period.

So, you're with the Flat Earth bunch? Doesn't matter how much evidence you are shown that the core belief is wrong, you don't change? No matter what?

Tom
08-12-2008, 07:01 PM
So, you're with the Flat Earth bunch? Doesn't matter how much evidence you are shown that the core belief is wrong, you don't change? No matter what?

And you're with the "I assume I know what I'm talking about" group? :rolleyes:
Haven't seen any evidence that the core beliefs are anything but correct.

equicom
08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Haven't seen any evidence that the core beliefs are anything but correct.

That may well be the case, but you indicated that you would never change that view or compromise, even if fresh evidence became available indicating that there was a flaw in the "core beliefs".

And yes, you're right about one thing. I have no idea what these "core beliefs" are that you refer to. But I stand by what I said anyway.

Tom
08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
RIF...I never said that.
You have to put words in my mouth to make your point?
Weak.
Expected, but

Weak.