PDA

View Full Version : 8/8 Sections for Del Mar

socalracing
08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Race 2 - #5 Cheroot (7/2) Looks to be controlling speed in this compact field of 4, so look for Pedroza to take advantage of that from the get go. He runs well fresh and has run well over other synthetic surfaces in the past. The Vienna barn is over due for a win and they look have this one spotted well today coming out of a series of stakes races on the grass.

Race 4 - #2 Stormin Jack (15-1) He has good early speed and broke poorly form the rail last time out and this race does not have that much early pace to it on paper. He has won both of his starts second off the layoff as is the situation today and he has a nice series of works over the track. So look for this one to spring a surprise today at what could be a huge price.

www.southerncalracing.com (http://www.southerncalracing.com/)

bigskyguy
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
good luck today with your picks...as i recall, you've been 5 for 6 this week with mostly no chalk and the lone loser paid 9.00 for second...keep em coming...bigsky

Light
08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Race 4 - #2 Stormin Jack (15-1) He has good early speed and broke poorly form the rail last time out and this race does not have that much early pace to it on paper. He has won both of his starts second off the layoff as is the situation today and he has a nice series of works over the track. So look for this one to spring a surprise today at what could be a huge price.

Congrats on your recent success but disagree on this one. I think its very difficult to do a wire job at this distance (6-1/2f) especially at Dmr. If you are right about this one I think he will have to come from off the pace. Got some major negatives in that rider is 1-27 and trainer is 0-17 and horse's main and winning rider goes to a claimed horse who is 30-1 ML.Also dont like the fact that horse ran 2nd for 25k four races back and is now at this level. The win 3 back for 25kn2L is actually a weaker field than these 10k open. Good side is cutting back in distance 7f to 6.5f and needed last and unrecorded trouble as you state. But if I recommended this horse(which I'm not) it would be for the bottom in the exotics cause it should be a big price in a tough race and should improve off last.

magwell
08-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks again

juanepstein
08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Congrats on your recent success but disagree on this one. I think its very difficult to do a wire job at this distance (6-1/2f) especially at Dmr. If you are right about this one I think he will have to come from off the pace. Got some major negatives in that rider is 1-27 and trainer is 0-17 and horse's main and winning rider goes to a claimed horse who is 30-1 ML.Also dont like the fact that horse ran 2nd for 25k four races back and is now at this level. The win 3 back for 25kn2L is actually a weaker field than these 10k open. Good side is cutting back in distance 7f to 6.5f and needed last and unrecorded trouble as you state. But if I recommended this horse(which I'm not) it would be for the bottom in the exotics cause it should be a big price in a tough race and should improve off last.

actually if he/shes a front runner its gonna be harder for him to win at 6 1/2 then 7. if a horse moves off the pace at 7 furlong real nice he/she shouldnt have trouble going 6 1/2.

if this can get away with a slow first quarter then he/she has a chance.

Light
08-08-2008, 09:58 PM
socalracing

Stormin Jack ran 2nd to last. Didn't mean to spoil the party and it's trivial that I was right today and you were wrong. You've allready proved yourself,so thats not an issue. I do like when someone posts their reasoning for their selections and when I can I do like to have a discourse about the pick in question. Dont think there is enough debating here about a pick as there could be because each race tests different reasoning and theories and its one way we all can learn from eachother.And thats the point. Not who is right,but what theory or reasoning is right. Its always interesting to watch those theories and reasonings put to the acid test. Fatman use to inspire lively debates about a race or horse but seems to have sprouted wings.