PDA

View Full Version : BRISNET PP'S

karlskorner
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I printed out ( 12 pages ) and read over several times the explanation of BRIS Ulitmate PP's with comments, several contest winners claim they have used these sheets and I thought I would look them over. To me a tremendous amount of information for $3.00, but do I really need all that information or do I keep it simple with BRIS $1.00 Sheet ? Is anybody using them ?

cmoore
08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Brisnet ultimate pps can overwhelm the newbie with information..That's for sure. Keeping it simple is the way to go. I use tsn pps (brisnets sister site). I use the custom pp generator and print them out the way I want them.

Hank
08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I have used the ulitimate pps for some time and imho they are the best pps out there by far,they provide solid trainer jock info,solid breeding info and current track and post bias info, all relative to distance surface.:ThmbUp:

takeout
08-09-2008, 09:32 AM
I use tsn pps (brisnets sister site). I use the custom pp generator and print them out the way I want them.
Me too. For me less is more. I even strip some of the stuff out of the cheapies.

cmoore
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Me too. For me less is more. I even strip some of the stuff out of the cheapies.

I only print 5 or 6 races back. No ML odds. I print all races for mdns because if I cut them short for some reason it gets rid of some of the workouts. I don't want that, especially in 1st time starters. I blend the workouts between races, so that must be why..

takeout
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
I do print all ten races. I just leave out some of the stuff that I realize I never look at. I did add the purses in there though. Tried (and liked) blending the workouts between races but it uses too much paper so I went back to putting them at the bottom. Now that they’re putting the also eligibles back in the pps I’m already using more paper than before.

dav4463
08-17-2008, 05:13 AM
I've used the Daily Racing Form for years. I can't even look at another set of pp's and expect to win. It would be like starting all over again. I'm so used to the DRF style. It's the only way I can play.

HEY DUDE
08-17-2008, 08:18 AM
I use to download the bris PP data files when I was doing my own database. About a year and a half ago switched to Ulimate PP. I find the track bias page (the last sheet for each race) very helpfull.

raybo
08-17-2008, 08:41 AM
I've used the Daily Racing Form for years. I can't even look at another set of pp's and expect to win. It would be like starting all over again. I'm so used to the DRF style. It's the only way I can play.

This is the very reason I designed my handicapping spreadsheet, using Bris data files, to look almost exactly like the Daily Racing Form. There was no "relearning" involved when I made the switch from DRF to Bris data. I just use my "calculated numbers" in place of the DRF's.

I am very thankful that I had the foresight to start my spreadsheet design, many years ago, with this in mind.

raybo
08-17-2008, 08:47 AM
I use to download the bris PP data files when I was doing my own database. About a year and a half ago switched to Ulimate PP. I find the track bias page (the last sheet for each race) very helpfull.

I use Bris data files in my automated spreadsheet (I'm an objective, numbers guy) while my handicapping partner uses the Bris Ultimates in his "pen and paper" approach (he's an analytical, scenario guy). Thus, we have the best of both worlds in our "2 minds are better than 1" handicapping style.