PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Reagan is headed to take care of Iran.......

JustRalph
08-08-2008, 03:57 AM
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218104233164&pagename=JPArticle%2FShowFull

http://static.jpost.com/images/2002/site/jplogo.gif

Aug. 7, 2008
Adam Gonn, The Media Line News Agency , THE JERUSALEM POST

Two additional United States naval aircraft carriers are heading to the Gulf and the Red Sea, according to the Kuwaiti newspaper Kuwait Times.

Kuwait began finalizing its "emergency war plan" on being told the vessels were bound for the region.

The US Navy would neither confirm nor deny that carriers were en route. US Fifth Fleet Combined Maritime Command located in Bahrain said it could not comment due to what a spokesman termed "force-protection policy."

While the Kuwaiti daily did not name the ships it believed were heading for the Middle East, The Media Line's defense analyst said they could be the USS Theodore Roosevelt and the USS Ronald Reagan.

Within the last month, the Roosevelt completed an exercise along the US east coast focusing on communication among navies of different countries. It has since been declared ready for operational duties. The Reagan, currently with the Seventh Fleet, had just set sail from Japan.

The Seventh Fleet area of operation stretches from the East Coast of Africa to the International Date Line.

Meanwhile, the Arabic news agency Moheet reported at the end of July that an unnamed American destroyer, accompanied by two Israeli naval vessels traveled through the Suez Canal from the Mediterranean. A week earlier, a US nuclear submarine accompanied by a destroyer and a supply ship moved into the Mediterranean, according to Moheet.

Currently there are two US naval battle groups operating in the Gulf: one is an aircraft carrier group, led by the USS Abraham Lincoln, which carries some 65 fighter aircraft. The other group is headed by the USS Peleliu which maintains a variety of planes and strike helicopters.

The ship movements coincide with the latest downturn in relations between Washington and Teheran. The US and Iran are at odds over Iran's nuclear program, which the Bush administration claims is aimed at producing material for nuclear weapons; however, Teheran argues it is only for power generation.

~more at the link~

http://www.reagan.navy.mil/jpg/_top_story.jpg
USS Reagan leaving Japan

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Little Ronnie to the rescue of the failed NEOCON strategy giving itself ONE more shot to be, as the DICK stated, "welcomed as liberators."

Sure EVERY invaded country wants that!

equicom
08-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Well that's it then. Hope you have been good in your life, because we're more than likely all going to end up dead now.

Difference between Iran and Iraq? Iran really does have weapons of mass destruction, and they're crazy enough to use them even if it means their own doom. That's not good.

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Well that's it then. Hope you have been good in your life, because we're more than likely all going to end up dead now.

Difference between Iran and Iraq? Iran really does have weapons of mass destruction, and they're crazy enough to use them even if it means their own doom. That's not good.
so why provoke the situation? for your LEGACY which is already CRAP.

Anyone remember M.A.D. Mutual ASSURED destruction????

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
IKe had the remarkable ability to predict the future here;
Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

boxcar
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
so why provoke the situation? for your LEGACY which is already CRAP.

Anyone remember M.A.D. Mutual ASSURED destruction????

You don't get it, do you? The religious whackjobs in Iran really believe that they'd be fulfilling prophecy by launching strikes. So, just what is there to lose?
We're dealing with religious fanatics.

I'd be very surprised if Israel doesn't take out their underground nuclear facilities in the foreseeable future -- possibly before the election.

Boxcar

equicom
08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
That's the whole point. They want to send those missiles at you, but they don't really have an excuse yet. But you're about to give them one. They must be thanking Allah right now for this gift.

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
You don't get it, do you? The religious whackjobs in Iran really believe that they'd be fulfilling prophecy by launching strikes. So, just what is there to lose?
We're dealing with religious fanatics.

A guy has a weapon on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. Doesn't have the capabilities to send it half way around the globe. So what do the necons do: PROVOKE THEM to use those weapons.........

PROVOCATION is coming from the West not Iran.

equicom
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Or to put it more accurately... we believe they don't have the technology to send the missiles around the world, because we have been told that is the case (by the very same people who told us that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction being assembled in mobile labs, and who supposedly "never saw 9/11 coming").

China are making a bit of a buzz about this and it is mostly in support of Iran, and it looks like Russia are jumping aboard that too. Could get messy.

Even if Iran doesn't have the technology to send a missile to the US, China does. And apart from that, they could still attack your allies, or countries where a lot of Americans are expected to be (Israel, Japan, Australia, western europe).

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I see AS USUAL paranoia is alive and well.

equicom
08-08-2008, 02:19 PM
And thank god for that. Where would we be without paranoia?

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
And thank god for that. Where would we be without paranoia?
easy: CALM and rational

equicom
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Or ignorant and dead.

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Or ignorant and dead.
These CLOWNS and I do mean CLOWNS need to keep the IGNORANT population focused and agitated so they can slip by there other agendas.

Look at old Maggie Thatcher's performance with that HORRIBLE THREAT TO MANKIND!!!! The Falkland Islands!!!!

Kind of like Grenada

A very old trick that all magicians know: The Plausible diversion

equicom
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Maggie had heard the rumors about the Argentinos, and was worried about the poor little sheep on those islands. In the interests of the economy - to ensure that there would always be a supply of virgin wool - I don't think she felt there was a choice in the matter.

Tom
08-08-2008, 03:03 PM
This thread reminds me of a show about Ohio State-Michigan I watched last night. Seems a fellow flunked out of Michigan and went to Ohio State and enrolled. He rasied the scholastic average of both schools by doing so. :lol:

highnote
08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Can anyone name the person who said this and the year they said it?

I began to ask myself the same question that I now know has been troubling many of you. Why have we not been able to get together as a nation to resolve our serious energy problem?

Energy will be the immediate test of our ability to unite this Nation, and it can also be the standard around which we rally. On the battlefield of energy we can win for our Nation a new confidence, and we can seize control again of our common destiny.

In little more than two decades we've gone from a position of energy independence to one in which almost half the oil we use comes from foreign countries, at prices that are going through the roof. Our excessive dependence on OPEC has already taken a tremendous toll on our economy and our people. It's a cause of the increased inflation and unemployment that we now face. This intolerable dependence on foreign oil threatens our economic independence and the very security of our Nation.

The energy crisis is real. It is worldwide. It is a clear and present danger to our Nation. These are facts and we simply must face them.

Trijack
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Jimmy Carter

JustRalph
08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
We can wipe their asses off the map in a day. We won't though. They will strike the Nuke sites only. Damn shame.............

highnote
08-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I could have sworn I replied to Trijack. Don't see my message, though.

Oh well. Wasn't important.

I just wanted to write how Carter was aware the trouble that was on the horizon because the US is so dependent on middle eastern oil.

Take oil out of the equation and the middle east has far less strategic importance to the US.

boxcar
08-08-2008, 11:51 PM
A guy has a weapon on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. Doesn't have the capabilities to send it half way around the globe. So what do the necons do: PROVOKE THEM to use those weapons.........

PROVOCATION is coming from the West not Iran.

Hey, clueless, what's to stop Iran from threatening the entire region that's loaded with oil -- holding them hostage at nuke point? And furthermore, we're not going to allow those religious fanatics to wipe our ally Israel off the map either. You have so soon forgotten the tough talk of Iran? Well, if a nation, with nukes, wants to play regional bully in the land of oil fields, that's something to be taken very seriously. IBMs really doesn't enter into the equation here.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
08-09-2008, 04:20 AM
so why provoke the situation?Yeah, why would we want to do anything? We should just follow the European model and let Iran do whatever it wishes. After all, the European model worked with Hitler...errr...wait one second....no it didn't...my bad!

highnote
08-09-2008, 09:23 AM
The one thing I don't understand is why Iran would ever drop a nuke on Israel. First off, there would be nuclear fallout all over the Muslim world. There are also a lot of Muslims in Israel who be terribly affected. In Jurusalem, Muhammad descended to heaven from a location known as the Dome of the Rock. It's hard for me to believe any Muslim nation would risk dropping a bomb on one of their most holy sites.

Also, Israel could retaliate with their own nuclear bomb. So if all the people of the middle east are dead from nuclear war, what will have been the point?

Of course, that would still leave the oil in the ground intact.

You'd think the rest of the world would be edging them on. Free oil for everyone.

Tom
08-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Putting the Reagan in the gulf is good strategy. What better place for it to be?

boxcar
08-09-2008, 12:42 PM
The one thing I don't understand is why Iran would ever drop a nuke on Israel. First off, there would be nuclear fallout all over the Muslim world. There are also a lot of Muslims in Israel who be terribly affected. In Jurusalem, Muhammad descended to heaven from a location known as the Dome of the Rock. It's hard for me to believe any Muslim nation would risk dropping a bomb on one of their most holy sites.

Also, Israel could retaliate with their own nuclear bomb. So if all the people of the middle east are dead from nuclear war, what will have been the point?

Of course, that would still leave the oil in the ground intact.

You'd think the rest of the world would be edging them on. Free oil for everyone.

You cannot understand those who are irrational. But what you could do is get up to speed on what they believe. Once you learn what their belief system is surrounding the "hidden or "twelfth imam", then you can begin to understand how these believers justify their words and actions on the world stage.

http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

Have a fun learning experience.

Boxcar

highnote
08-09-2008, 01:12 PM
You cannot understand those who are irrational.

I think irrational people are easier to understand than rational people.

But what you could do is get up to speed on what they believe. Once you learn what their belief system is surrounding the "hidden or "twelfth imam", then you can begin to understand how these believers justify their words and actions on the world stage.

In the Stratfor article about Iran, the argument is made that the way Iran protects its country from attack from within is by repression. It's tough to attack Iran from outside because of the mountainous terrain. And because of the terrain it's even harder to occupy.

Iran knows this and they know inner conflict is a great threat to their stability. Religion is a great way to repress the people of the country.

I don't believe the leaders of Iran are willing to commit political suicide by bombing Israel with nuclear weapons. They may find vulnerable young people who are willing to blow themselves up for the cause, but I don't think the leaders are willing to blow up the whole middle east for the cause.

If that was the case, then why try to rule a country at all? They could just go kill themselves and not have any more troubles. The only reason to rule a country is because they enjoy having power and care about self-preservation.

boxcar
08-09-2008, 01:22 PM
You don't get it, do you SJ? And the irony in this is that you stated that it's easier to understand the irrational. :rolleyes:

The Iranian religious fanatics would blow up Israel to hasten the coming of their version of the messiah, i.e. the "hidden imam".

Boxcar

highnote
08-09-2008, 01:43 PM
You don't get it, do you SJ? And the irony in this is that you stated that it's easier to understand the irrational. :rolleyes:

The irrational are easy to figure out. The rational can use all sorts of methods to hide their true intentions.

Perhaps the Iranians are more rational than you give them credit for.

The Iranian religious fanatics would blow up Israel to hasten the coming of their version of the messiah, i.e. the "hidden imam".

Boxcar

That is a possibility. Fanatics of any religion are capable of doing irrational things. However, it isn't clear to me that Iranian leaders are religious fanatics. The may be religious, but that doesn't make them irrational fanatics. Irrational people aren't usually able to work themselves into positions of power.

People in power sometimes become irrational. Hitler comes to mind. He seems to have gone mad. However, I'm not convinced that all of Iran's leaders are irrational fanatics.

If they were interested in suicide and destroying Israel they could just march their army toward Israel and destroy everything and in return they would suffer a massive attack and casualties. That would certainly qualify as irrational. If they irrationally nuked Israel, they would get the same outcome. The US or some other country would nuke them back.

I don't think any of these actions are outside the realm of possibility, but I don't think they are likely, either.