PDA

View Full Version : Why does Mth still have the banner on the Starting Gate ..

BeatTheChalk
08-08-2008, 01:31 AM
That Says Haskell 08 ? No big deal .. who is in charge over there :jump: :bang: :faint:

Tom
08-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Eddie Haskell. ;)

onefast99
08-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I remember seeing "what has brown done for you lately" right up until Belmont closed a few weeks ago, Calder still had the Summit of Speed on their gate for quite a while after the event was over. I would like to see MP advertise future events more on the starting gate like Calder does.

lamboguy
08-08-2008, 09:39 AM
as good a job as they did for haskell day, they should keep the banner up. imagine with all this junk going on in racing monmouth had a $2 million increase in handle year to year. i suspect the more people see of monmouth the better they will do. look at all the top notch trainers that are there this year, asmussen, margolis, breen, levine, dutrow, and the regular jersey guy's aren't to bad either.

i was at the haskell, lots of beautiful women walking around, with great wiskey being poured, and the product was top notch around the racing oval.

Stevie Belmont
08-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Yea, it was a great day down there. The weather was great as well.

onefast99
08-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Yea, it was a great day down there. The weather was great as well.
Imagine that kind of day for the Breeders Cup! That would of made a huge difference in handle and on track attendance. Hats off to the MP racing office for bringing Big Brown and his cast of many to the Haskell. Great undercard, lots of exciting races. Overall it was a perfect day to be at Monmouth park. Even the clubhouse food was good, and the service, excellent!!!