PDA

View Full Version : Maybe they should have used the taser instead?

wonatthewire1
08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
This one seemed over the top - too bad there wasn't a video of it

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080808/ap_on_re_us/marijuana_packages

Overzealous?

Apologize? Never, that is why they get sued too (from the article)

Would like to see how this one turns out - like how much is the mayor toking? Or that he was even involved...

ddog
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
insane - over the top - storm trooper tactics, this crap is getting out of hand.

time to start returning FIRE!

JustRalph
08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Terrible story............

This police department is out of control.

I hope the Feds hammer them............

cmoore
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Earlier in the day, Calvo (Mayor) insisted the couple's two black Labradors were gentle creatures and said police apparently killed them "for sport," gunning down one of them as it was running away.

These cops are getting out of hand..This could of been done in a totally different manner..So an innocent couple loses there 2 dogs because of the person who sent the drugs and how the cops reacted.

JustRalph
08-08-2008, 12:04 AM
I have done "kick in " raids. The training involved usually warns against the pit bull types etc. This just blows me away...........the gear you wear in these types of raids usually would protect you from just about any bite a dog could inflict.........unless it is a good sized pit bull.

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 11:31 AM
You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.

MUST be accurately stated for the "cop mentality" too.

Evey one I've ever known never could turn off that personality, even years after the fact they "wanted to be" the ENFORCER a la Dirty Harry......Big Cahones time for sure.

Tom
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Like these two?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/29/2007-10-29_hero_cops_save_12_from_fire_in_2_bronx_h.html

What a pathetic little waste you are.

JustRalph
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
he pointed that remark at me...........ignore him.............

boxcar
08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Like these two?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/29/2007-10-29_hero_cops_save_12_from_fire_in_2_bronx_h.html

What a pathetic little waste you are.

And Zilly is so self-deceived, I believe he really thinks that he's capable of independent and critical thought, but when he broad-brushes any institution or class of people with stereotypical strokes, it betrays his incapacity for such thinking, just like it does whenever NoBama stereotypes whites.

Boxcar

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Many people in the real world take evidence and, nor surprisingly, come to the same conclusions: about climate change for example and it is a BIOLOGICAL, ecolological decision having nothing to do with any political party.

oh yeah Thank you JESUS!!! You play first base for the Mexican all stars very well

boxcar
08-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Many people in the real world take evidence and, nor surprisingly, come to the same conclusions: about climate change for example and it is a BIOLOGICAL, ecolological decision having nothing to do with any political party.

No, it just has everything to do with a political agenda. Heck...you can't even bring yourself to call it global warming, can you? You just follow right in lockstep with the latest politically correct expression. And you have to in order to try to avoid embarrassment. This "evidence" (a term you're you're so fond of bandying around) suggests that this ol' Mother Earth is actually cooling off -- again!

oh yeah Thank you JESUS!!! You play first base for the Mexican all stars very well

Save you sarcastic thanks for when you get to meet him face to face. I strongly suspect, though, you'll be singing something very different from this cavalier tune.

Boxcar

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar]

Save you sarcastic thanks for when you get to meet him face to face. I strongly suspect, though, you'll be singing something very different from this cavalier tune.
/QUOTE]
he's dead, has been for a long time now.

boxcar
08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=boxcar]

/QUOTE]
he's dead, has been for a long time now.

That's what you think!

Boxcar

equicom
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Pretty stupid that they didn't recognize the mayor. Not that it should make a difference.

Understandable to shoot dogs in a raid, but it should not be the first option considered.

Shooting the dog that was running away may not have been "sport" because possibly it had been wounded so he was putting it out of it's misery?

Or maybe just that cops today enjoy their "absolute power" just a little too much?

In fairness, the cops at that stage had no way of knowing it was a scam. They really thought they were saving the world from scumbag drug dealers. Probably expected to get a medal pinned on their chest by the mayor for ridding the town of the evil menace.

46zilzal
08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Pr

Or maybe just that cops today enjoy their "absolute power" just a little too much?

BINGO

Tom
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Like you know anything at all about the situation.