PDA

View Full Version : Mexican drug cartels in U.S. -- food for thought

highnote
08-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Interesting story about hit carried out by a mexican drug cartel on a resident of Phoenix, AZ.

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/mexican_cartels_and_fallout_phoenix

ALostTexan
08-04-2008, 05:05 AM
I can tell you that I see alot of Mexican drug violence here in Tucson, AZ. I work at the only trauma center in Southern Arizona, and we get plenty of people from across the border, alot of which is drug violence, and plenty that has spilled over the border to towns south of here.

Very interesting article...

dutchboy
08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Phoenix is listed as one of the two sanctuary cities in Arizona. The other is is Chandler, Az

I assume the Phoenix police would not have legally been allowed to stop the Mexican hit squad before the assault or would they been allowed to investigate the Jamican drug dealer eliminated by the Mexicans thanks to the sanctuary status of Phoenix.

Google "sanctuary cities" and the majority of people would be surprised by the number of cities.

As long as no innocent people were in killed Phoenix what happened was a good thing. IMO.

Tom
08-04-2008, 11:13 AM
These are just people committing crimes that Americans will not commit. :bang:

equicom
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
If they do get rid of those sanctuary cities, you'll all be a lot less well-off. You'll have to pay more if a US citizen picks the potatoes, cuts up the meat, packs the shelves at the supermarket, etc.

boxcar
08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
If they do get rid of those sanctuary cities, you'll all be a lot less well-off. You'll have to pay more if a US citizen picks the potatoes, cuts up the meat, packs the shelves at the supermarket, etc.

And just watch what that does to unemployment stats. Heaven forbid, we should take away any reason for a lib to whine. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2008, 01:24 AM
If they do get rid of those sanctuary cities, you'll all be a lot less well-off. You'll have to pay more if a US citizen picks the potatoes, cuts up the meat, packs the shelves at the supermarket, etc.There are plenty of legal workers in the US who aren't US citizens, yes?