PDA

View Full Version : The left is already starting to cry...imagine what it will be like come election day?

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sandy-goodman/for-obama-the-latest-news_b_116489.html

Face it folks, you picked the absolute WORST candidate you could think of in the year where you guys should be an absolute LOCK!

But why should I be surprised...you did the same thing in 2004.

Obama should be ahead by 20+ points right now...after all that positive PR in Europe, he's DROPPED in the polls? Huh?

Marshall Bennett
08-03-2008, 02:31 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sandy-goodman/for-obama-the-latest-news_b_116489.html

Face it folks, you picked the absolute WORST candidate you could think of in the year where you guys should be an absolute LOCK!

Obama should be ahead by 20+ points right now...after all that positive PR in Europe, he's DROPPED in the polls? Huh?
Unfortunately it may not matter . He may be the perfect democratic candidate . He's black , he's ignorant on affairs at all fronts , hasn't a clue on what to do , is unproven as a leader , can't speak without putting his foot in his mouth , basically an all around idiot . The perfect democrat that will bring out much of the same to the voting booth . They've found their nitch in Obama . Besides , McCain is no Abe Lincoln as a republican choice , all the more reason for the clueless to vote for Obama . :mad:

dylbert
08-03-2008, 02:43 PM
A lot of discussion this past week about tall, skinny candidate from Illinois for president. Suggestion is that overweight, out-of-shape America will reject physically-fit candidate. Imagine, if Obama were Republican, he would get billed as black Abe Lincoln.

boxcar
08-03-2008, 03:32 PM
A lot of discussion this past week about tall, skinny candidate from Illinois for president. Suggestion is that overweight, out-of-shape America will reject physically-fit candidate. Imagine, if Obama were Republican, he would get billed as black Abe Lincoln.

Only if he possessed one-tenth of Lincoln's intelligence, perhaps.

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
08-03-2008, 03:33 PM
No, I don't think Obama would be compared to Abe Lincoln. Not even in a dream world.

boxcar
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
No, I don't think Obama would be compared to Abe Lincoln. Not even in a dream world.

It's all a moot point. He doesn't even come come to the one-tenth benchmark.

Boxcar

highnote
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately it may not matter . He may be the perfect democratic candidate . He's black , he's ignorant on affairs at all fronts , hasn't a clue on what to do , is unproven as a leader , can't speak without putting his foot in his mouth , basically an all around idiot . The perfect democrat that will bring out much of the same to the voting booth . They've found their nitch in Obama . Besides , McCain is no Abe Lincoln as a republican choice , all the more reason for the clueless to vote for Obama . :mad:

Don't mean to pick on you Marshall. Your post was convenient to use.

What I find funny about political opinion is that if you just reverse the terms it sounds like it is coming from the other side and sounds just as valid. For example ...

Unfortunately it may not matter . He may be the perfect republican candidate . He's white , he's ignorant on affairs at all fronts , hasn't a clue on what to do , is unproven as a leader , can't speak without putting his foot in his mouth , basically an all around idiot . The perfect republican that will bring out much of the same to the voting booth . They've found their nitch in McCain. Besides , Obama is no Abe Lincoln as a democratic choice , all the more reason for the clueless to vote for McCain .

Reminds me of the rhyme my kids say... "I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

What I'd really like to hear and read is less mudslinging and more actual quotes about where the candidates stand on certain issues and what their plans are to fix the big problems.

Both sides think the other side is an idiot. And maybe both sides are right! But how does that help decide who to vote for. The only reason to vote for an idiot is because the other candidate is an idiot. Which means you're voting for your party because you agree with their platforms from a philosophical perspective. Which means it doesn't matter how great the other side's candidate is because a hard line party member is not going to vote against his party.

Which is kind of where US politics seems to be. Repubs and Dems know that they can't pursuade the opposing party to vote for their candidate, so they try to sway the independents to vote with their side by using negative ads.

That's why Ross Perot could have gotten elected as an independent. He actually made sense to a lot of independents as well as repubs and dems. He just gave the facts and told people where he stood on certain issues. If he wouldn't have dropped out and then changed his mind and ran again he might have been elected.

Today's repub and dem candidates can't say too much because they're afraid of making a mistake before the primaries. They are afraid to be themselves. One slip up, like Howard Dean's scream, and it's all over.

If Al Gore would have acted half human instead of 90% automaton he probably would have gotten elected. But it would have been risky to act human.

To err is human -- and it can also cost you an election.

wonatthewire1
08-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Don't mean to pick on you Marshall. Your post was convenient to use.

What I find funny about political opinion is that if you just reverse the terms it sounds like it is coming from the other side and sounds just as valid. For example ...

Reminds me of the rhyme my kids say... "I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

What I'd really like to hear and read is less mudslinging and more actual quotes about where the candidates stand on certain issues and what their plans are to fix the big problems.

Both sides think the other side is an idiot. And maybe both sides are right! But how does that help decide who to vote for. The only reason to vote for an idiot is because the other candidate is an idiot. Which means you're voting for your party because you agree with their platforms from a philosophical perspective. Which means it doesn't matter how great the other side's candidate is because a hard line party member is not going to vote against his party.

Which is kind of where US politics seems to be. Repubs and Dems know that they can't pursuade the opposing party to vote for their candidate, so they try to sway the independents to vote with their side by using negative ads.

That's why Ross Perot could have gotten elected as an independent. He actually made sense to a lot of independents as well as repubs and dems. He just gave the facts and told people where he stood on certain issues. If he wouldn't have dropped out and then changed his mind and ran again he might have been elected.

Today's repub and dem candidates can't say too much because they're afraid of making a mistake before the primaries. They are afraid to be themselves. One slip up, like Howard Dean's scream, and it's all over.

If Al Gore would have acted half human instead of 90% automaton he probably would have gotten elected. But it would have been risky to act human.

To err is human -- and it can also cost you an election.

Unfortunately SJ - we are only going to get mud slinging in this election because neither party has any viable answers.

Without solutions we get at least four more years of wheel spinning.

Make sure you have some money outside the US of A

Suff
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM

In the larger scheme of things McCain is being lapped by Obama. Look closely, even if McCain were to win every single one of the "tossup" delegates he still loses.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/426/pollster01.jpg (http://pollster.com/)

lamboguy
08-04-2008, 12:33 PM
i have been betting on the republican in this election for 6 months now, i just got +2.10 on the republican on friday!!

we all know by now that george bush will bust you every time. if he leaves you with a quarter in your pocket, either one of these 2 will get the remainder, like a vulture!

alydar
08-04-2008, 04:23 PM

You can say wahtever you want, but my money is on the democrats this time around.

toetoe
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
He is HALF black. That is a point that is rarely recognized. Remember, he is half "typical white person."

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2008, 01:28 AM
You can say wahtever you want, but my money is on the democrats this time around.Exactly. And you too can "say whatever you want."

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2008, 01:34 AM
In the larger scheme of things McCain is being lapped by Obama. Look closely, even if McCain were to win every single one of the "tossup" delegates he still loses.

http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/426/pollster01.jpg (http://pollster.com/)It only counts when they get into that voting booth. No telling what might happen in that little enclosed space on Election Day. People might be telling these pollsters one thing, then act completely different behind that curtain.

Obama's a very risky play during a very risky time. America never looks kindly on folks whom they perceive require "on-the-job" training.

Like you said in another post, this Obama guy has so many potential negatives aassociated with him, any one of which can turn a voter in a New York minute. And let's not kid ourselves here Suff. Race is going to be a huge factor in the end result, from whites who won't vote for a black man, to blacks who will only vote for a black man...both subsets of voters basing their vote entirely on color of skin.

It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Marshall Bennett
08-05-2008, 09:38 AM
He is HALF black. That is a point that is rarely recognized. Remember, he is half "typical white person."
He's doing much better however with the black half . The white half has gone unnoticed in this election . :)

HUSKER55
08-05-2008, 10:15 AM
There are plenty of reasons to vote against Obama and race isn't one of them. There are plenty of black politicians that would merit the publics vote, weather you are black, white, red, yellow, green, brown or polka dot.

Pounding on race only proves that as a nation we have not progressed that much since the Civil War. After 140 some odds years don't you think it is time to put that puppy to sleep?

It goes against everything our founding fathers envisioned, fought and died for.

Arguing race only galvanizes a voter and that does not benefit anyone, regardless of your skin color.

I pity any man or woman who is afraid of another person because of their skin color.

If you want to defeat Obama then stick to issues.

husker55
:)

Marshall Bennett
08-05-2008, 10:53 AM
There are plenty of reasons to vote against Obama and race isn't one of them. There are plenty of black politicians that would merit the publics vote, weather you are black, white, red, yellow, green, brown or polka dot.

Pounding on race only proves that as a nation we have not progressed that much since the Civil War. After 140 some odds years don't you think it is time to put that puppy to sleep?

It goes against everything our founding fathers envisioned, fought and died for.

Arguing race only galvanizes a voter and that does not benefit anyone, regardless of your skin color.

I pity any man or woman who is afraid of another person because of their skin color.

If you want to defeat Obama then stick to issues.

husker55
:)
What issues ? Obama's problem isn't his skin color its his inability to define any issues .

Tom
08-05-2008, 10:58 AM
He's defined them all - at least two ways each!:D:bang:

so.cal.fan
08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
The Dems were foolish to be taken in by the far left and choosing this candidate, I am really expecting the bloggers to come out with some very damning information about this Obama. Possibly his ties to Islam.
They had a winning candidate in Hillary Clinton. She would have won for sure.
I really wonder who is behind this coup against the Clintons, and pushing Obama? Saros?
I voted for Hillary in the California primary, which she won.....
I just intuited Obama as a fake, for the get go. His arrogance is just downright offensive. Now, I'm getting the feeling that he is not only arrogant but dangerous. I hope he doesn't win.
He flip flops every positionality to suit this weeks polls.
What does this say about his integrity?
No way I vote for him, and nothing will change my mind.

NJ Stinks
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
i have been betting on the republican in this election for 6 months now, i just got +2.10 on the republican on friday!!

Don't tell PaceAdvantage you got over 2-1, lamboguy. It might dim her optimism! :D

The only place I can find that has Republicans winning in November is conservative talk radio and, by extension, FOX News. They discover a new reason why Obama can't win every workday! :)

Tom
08-05-2008, 07:25 PM
SoCal, I agree - Hillary would have been very hard to beat.
People either loved her or hated her, but next to McCain't, I think she would have rolled over him. I don't think anyone likes Johnny - we just hate Hussein.:cool:

JustRalph
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
The Dems were foolish to be taken in by the far left and choosing this candidate, I am really expecting the bloggers to come out with some very damning information about this Obama. Possibly his ties to Islam.
They had a winning candidate in Hillary Clinton. She would have won for sure.
I really wonder who is behind this coup against the Clintons, and pushing Obama? Saros?
I voted for Hillary in the California primary, which she won.....
I just intuited Obama as a fake, for the get go. His arrogance is just downright offensive. Now, I'm getting the feeling that he is not only arrogant but dangerous. I hope he doesn't win.
He flip flops every positionality to suit this weeks polls.
What does this say about his integrity?
No way I vote for him, and nothing will change my mind.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Don't tell PaceAdvantage you got over 2-1, lamboguy. It might dim her optimism! :DOh, you just didn't type that, did you?

Dems is fightin' words...and I have the biggest gun here....