PDA

View Full Version : Any Cable News addicts here?

so.cal.fan
03-07-2003, 10:17 PM
I know I shouldn't but............
Watch the news on CABLE too much.
Who are you're favorites?

I like:
Dan Abrams
Jerry Nachman (he's been in the hospital....hope he comes back.
Sheppard Smith
Greta Van Susterern
Geraldo.......I hope he KILLS BIN LADEN, he is off to AFGANISTAN.

Rick
03-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Christiane Amanpour on CNN.

Wherever she goes, you can be sure that something will happen.

Doug
03-09-2003, 03:10 PM
1. BILL O'REILLY

2. GERALDO (now that he reports the news as opposed to trying to make the news)

Doug

Tom
03-09-2003, 03:37 PM
She is always where trouble is...don't know if it draws her or she draws it <G>

Bob Harris
03-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Doug
1. BILL O'REILLY

2. GERALDO (now that he reports the news as opposed to trying to make the news)

Doug

Hiring Geraldo from CNBC was such a coup for FOX...the guy is certifiably nuts! I can't think of a single place he would be unwilling to go to. I normally hop around a bit between CNN, MSNBC and FOX but when Geraldo's on, it stays on FOX.

Doug
03-09-2003, 08:44 PM
BOB HARRIS,

Yeah. Like So Cal mentioned, If he had a shot I beleive he would kill or capture Osama himself.

As for certifiably Nuts. I've kind of gotten used to that on this board from reading TOM@HTR's posts. HEHE.

Doug

so.cal.fan
03-10-2003, 10:34 AM
Geraldo was so traumatized by the 9/11 attacks......he was determined to go over to Afganistan and report on the hunt for bin Laden.
I remember Geraldo back in the 1970's when he was doing, I believe 20/20 on ABC. He uncovered a scandal.......that was never really pursued by anyone.
Los Angeles Easter Seals. They stole all the donations, millions, none of it went to crippled children.
The shocking part to me was that one of the board of directors of Easter Seals was the track VET at Santa Anita....Dr. Edmonson.
Santa Anita used to have charity days during the meet for a week.
Guess what one of the charities was? You got it.....Easter Seals.
We had a benefit fund raiser for a crippled girl who worked at Santa Anita.....all the jockeys and trainers put on a baseball game. I helped collect donations from racetrack people.
Guess who the ONLY guy was who refused to give me even a dollar? Dr. Edmonson.
Bobby Frankel gave us a very generous donation, threatening us not to tell ANYONE he gave it.....he likes being a BAD GUY. LOL
Anyway, I like Geraldo.....and I hope he kills bin Laden!

Tom
03-10-2003, 06:29 PM
I jus hope we never have to watch a special when Hiraldo finds Osama's cave - it could be Al Capones vault Part II!
Hey, that would be funny if they opened up the cave and found Al's treasure!

kenwoodall
03-12-2003, 02:52 AM
I like O'Reilly and Carville. Mostly watch Fox. BBC is good for world news.

hurrikane
03-12-2003, 09:48 AM
come on folks. Geraldo is an idiot. Let's see..he went to Afghanistan after the Taliban had been ousted. He has shown up in every place there has been a confrontation..after it is over. The guy is all talk and no walk. There are lots of reporters, you don't even get to know there names, that live right in the mix.
These are the real reporters.

Not this fluffy friggin gigalo.

JustRalph
03-12-2003, 05:50 PM
I think Geraldo is just the best at playing to the camera. He takes it to another level. In that arena he is the best. As an unscripted on the scene reporter, there is no better. I don't know about him getting on the scene late, after the fireworks are over? But I hated him during the Clinton-Monica debacle because he just defended the first felon to the hilt. I did watch him on the night the miners in PA were rescued and he was incredible. He did a great job. I think he thinks better on his feet than most of the others. :cool: