PDA

View Full Version : Matt C./ TVG/ and a 12 year old co-host

cj's dad
08-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Yesterday Matt hosted the Claiming Crown from Canterbury. Now, I know from past posts that many of you do not like him. I, for one am ambivalent re: Matt.

He did however have a 12 year old girl on the show who was very knowledgeable and Matt interviewed her with respect and was genuinely surprised at her understanding and analysis of the sport. Although she did giggle a lot, she showed lots of poise for a 12 year old- she was standing on a box? of some sort to get her to the proper height for the camera and I just think the whole segment was pretty:cool:.

There is always new blood out there, I guess we just have to nurture it.

Just interested if others thought this was as :cool: as I did.

the little guy
08-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Jake Romans will be one of my guests at Siro's tomorrow ( Monday ).

Marshall Bennett
08-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Yesterday Matt hosted the Claiming Crown from Canterbury. Now, I know from past posts that many of you do not like him. I, for one am ambivalent re: Matt.

He did however have a 12 year old girl on the show who was very knowledgeable and Matt interviewed her with respect and was genuinely surprised at her understanding and analysis of the sport. Although she did giggle a lot, she showed lots of poise for a 12 year old- she was standing on a box? of some sort to get her to the proper height for the camera and I just think the whole segment was pretty:cool:.

There is always new blood out there, I guess we just have to nurture it.

Just interested if others thought this was as :cool: as I did.
I saw that and was impressed . Matt can be really good at times , if he would stop trying to come across as a Hollywood entertainer and stick to the basics he would be fine . :cool:

big frank
08-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Could she replace Todd T ?? Did they ever go through a post parade and he didnt say ' i wouldnt be shocked if this horse won ' ???? Matt is top notch in my book... I dont care or listen to who the on air people like,,, but the 2 i respect and give a second look at there plays are Matt @ Simon Bray... I didnt like betting on horses when he trained , but i believe Simon really knows his horses and how trainers point there horses for certain races.

BombsAway Bob
08-03-2008, 10:32 AM
TLG...Do NOT take the bait & offer to wear "tdc" if one of his picks win..he's a sharpie!

Tom
08-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Hire the kid! :D

BUD
08-03-2008, 12:47 PM

Its been great getting the simulcast via drf online.....

BillW
08-03-2008, 01:22 PM

I met him for a few minutes in L'ville last fall. The kid is a sharpie, to say the least. I'll be watching.

turfnsport
08-03-2008, 01:44 PM
:58 Flat is a train wreck.

toetoe
08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
She sounds like the next Bob Costas ... only, well ... taller, y'know ?

Imriledup
08-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I like Matt as a human, but he's really annoying and was in full form yesterday. Lots of quick talking, hot air and nervous energy.....it just was unsettling. I don't know about you guys, but as a horseplayer, i feel that staying calm is really important to making great business decisions. These TVG hosts act like we are all buffoons who need to be yelled and screamed at like 5 year olds, when all we want is a calm atmosphere.

turfnsport
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
TVG's coverage of the Claiming Crown was embarrassing. I felt bad for Canterbury, which puts on a great event.

Tom
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
It was torture watching the TVG coverage...but I like the CC every year, so I consider TVG the equivalent of the hassle of flying out there and facing airport security twice. Real good coverage - put two danged drunks there bragging about their night out. Real classy network, and real classy dimwits.

miller17
08-03-2008, 06:04 PM
It looked as though they got the studio table from the employee break room! Racing was good but 58 flat, and the "set" stunk.

Matt is a good capper but my god stop singinggggggg!

turfnsport
08-03-2008, 06:04 PM
CBY did screw themselves with post times.

They scheduled their post times almost identical to Saratoga, every race scheduled at the same time or at the most 4 mins apart, forcing some of the races to tape delay.

The 4th race was on tape delay and when TVG went back to Mutt and Jeff for the replay you could see Chippawa Court in the background waiting to go into the winners circle.

Knowing they would be on TVG and be seen by new fans, it was simply idiotic not to make sure the races did not run up against Saratoga.

Tom
08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I noticed that - real dumb move.:ThmbDown:
I don't know about Mars, but I wonder if there is intelligent life in horse racing.

applebee
08-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I noticed that - real dumb move.:ThmbDown:
I don't know about Mars, but I wonder if there is intelligent life in horse racing.

sure the horses:lol:

eastie
08-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Its been great getting the simulcast via drf online.....

that was cool today listening to TLG and Crist give out that $832 triple and $2200 superfecta in the 10th at saratoga. Thanks from deep Elam

Fingal
08-03-2008, 10:04 PM
It looked as though they got the studio table from the employee break room!

I kept expecting a waiter to come around & take their drink order.:lol:

BombsAway Bob
08-04-2008, 01:06 AM
that was cool today listening to TLG and Crist give out that $832 triple and $2200 superfecta in the 10th at saratoga. Thanks from deep Elam
..the key to their value in the race selections was how they both REALLY DISLIKED the chalk!

eastie
08-04-2008, 09:14 AM
if the numbers are flashing , they aren't cashing. It's cool to beat the chalk