PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta most impressive ...cantered win

MAGICHORSEMAN
08-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Zenyatta was most impressive.... poetry in motion...cantered home. Certainly one of the greatest ever!!! She cantered home. A great horse!!!

mylosh
08-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Two Cali horses with Street Cry as their dad are easily my two favorite horses this year: Street Boss and Zenyatta.

For added excitement I love the fact that these two half sibs are both closers who don't turn it on until the stretch. On today's race and Street Boss's G1 last week, I told my friends to key them in Pk3s and I just love their reaction before the final turn, thinking that these low odds horses are duds.

Anyways looking forward to a match up between Zenyatta and Ginger Punch, its just too bad that the Distaff / Ladies's classic is on the friday. No one outside of regular horse race fans will see or hear of this race

WinterTriangle
08-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Besides Street Boss and Zenyatta, a 2006 offspring of Street Cry---and Tabasco Cat mare Sage Cat, is Desert Party.

As a matter of fact, this mare has produced 3 winners from 4 starters.

Street Cry also put out Summer Doldrums in 2004, as well as Tomcito who was one of my sentimental favorites.

Hope Street won claiming at Saratoga on Friday, and Victor's Cry won Maiden at DelMar last week, also out of Street Cry.

Cratos
08-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Zenyatta was most impressive.... poetry in motion...cantered home. Certainly one of the greatest ever!!! She cantered home. A great horse!!!

Zenyatta is legit; she is a big beautiful filly with a powerful late kick reminiscent of her sire, Street Cry. I don’t know how good Ginger Punch is, but if these two should meet, I believe it would be a race to be remembered.

George Sands
08-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I don’t know how good Ginger Punch is, but if these two should meet, I believe it would be a race to be remembered.

Unless it's forgotten like their April 5 meeting.

Toss_DeLoser
08-03-2008, 11:44 AM
4/05/08 Apple Blossom Handicap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9171jxrlE

Cratos
08-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Unless it's forgotten like their April 5 meeting.

Thanks for reminding me because I forgot how Zenyatta destroyed Ginger Punch, the prohibitive favorite in the Apple Blossom earlier this year at Oaklawn

toetoe
08-03-2008, 03:59 PM
How about some love for Model ? Nice effort. :ThmbUp:

Turfday
08-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Not only did she win throttled down by Mike Smith, but if you watched closely (and they had great camera work for this) on the gallop out and return, I swear that it looked like she was ready to race again. When Smith was able to pull her up and turn her around back towards the winner's circle, she had her head up and wasn't blowing at all.

Did anybody else notice this?

That to me was more impressive than the win....it was how little that race took out of her.