PDA

View Full Version : Big Brown Prediction

tribecaagent
08-01-2008, 06:19 PM
1) Big Brown will win The Haskell.....easily.

2) Dutrow will convince Iavarone to run back in The Travers on twenty days rest.

3) Big Brown will not hit the board in The Travers.

4) Iavarone puts the blame on Dutrow; Dutrow puts the blame on Desormeaux or anyone else but him.

5) Big Brown is retired.

6) IEAH takes all horses away from Dutrow and gives them to Todd Pletcher.

point given
08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
You forgot the match race between Curlin and Big Brown who throw it down at belmont in the fall after Curlin is returned to dirt and Big brown skips the travers with the sniffles. Juice VS Juice for a cool mil :jump:

Shenanigans
08-02-2008, 09:36 PM
1) Big Brown will win The Haskell.....easily.

2) Dutrow will convince Iavarone to run back in The Travers on twenty days rest.

3) Big Brown will not hit the board in The Travers.

4) Iavarone puts the blame on Dutrow; Dutrow puts the blame on Desormeaux or anyone else but him.

5) Big Brown is retired.

6) IEAH takes all horses away from Dutrow and gives them to Todd Pletcher.

Zito will make Dutrow cry again.:p

joanied
08-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Haskell...
1-Big Brown
2- Cool Coal Man
3- Atoned

:)

Tom Barrister
08-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I predict that Big Brown will finish last again.

joanied
08-03-2008, 11:19 AM

:faint: No way!!!

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2008, 01:32 PM

Hmmmm....let's see:

Dutrow ranked 2nd in the nation, 109 wins out of 445 starts and almost $9.5M in earnings.....

Zito ranked 17th in the nation, 50 wins out of 221 starts and $3.7M in earnings...

And let's note here, that both trainers enjoy approx. the SAME winning percentage...

Thus, the question remains:

Where's Zito going to make Dutrow cry? All the way to the bank? :lol:

Marshall Bennett
08-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah ... if he throws all his shoes and lays down in the middle of the track . :D

46zilzal
08-03-2008, 02:57 PM
This race is nothing but a payday to run against classified allowance colts.

It does absolutely NOTHING to enhance this one's reputation. If you want to attempt the handle of greatness, you have to do great things, not beat up on pugs.

Shenanigans
08-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Hmmmm....let's see:

Dutrow ranked 2nd in the nation, 109 wins out of 445 starts and almost $9.5M in earnings.....

Zito ranked 17th in the nation, 50 wins out of 221 starts and $3.7M in earnings...

And let's note here, that both trainers enjoy approx. the SAME winning percentage...

Thus, the question remains:

Where's Zito going to make Dutrow cry? All the way to the bank? :lol:

You sure do have a short memory. Think back to the Belmont of this year.

Those numbers don't mean anything. You should know that. If not, wise up. Zito is still "old school". Dutrow "plays" the game. You wait and see what those numbers look like when these racing jurisdictions start cracking down and putting stiffer penalties on pigs like Dutrow. His numbers will plummet, deary.:lol:

tribecaagent
08-03-2008, 09:51 PM

I think Zito made Dutrow cry AFTER the race.

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Those numbers don't mean anything. You should know that. If not, wise up. Zito is still "old school". Dutrow "plays" the game. You wait and see what those numbers look like when these racing jurisdictions start cracking down and putting stiffer penalties on pigs like Dutrow. His numbers will plummet, deary.:lol:Well then, shouldn't Dutrow's win percentage be much higher? Or are we trying to imply that Zito is also a juicer? After all, his win percentage matches Mr. Dutrow's. How can that be?

Tom
08-04-2008, 07:23 AM
This race is nothing but a payday to run against classified allowance colts.

It does absolutely NOTHING to enhance this one's reputation. If you want to attempt the handle of greatness, you have to do great things, not beat up on pugs.

I thought there was no "man-made" classes?
Have you changed your mind?

Tom Barrister
08-04-2008, 12:27 PM
So Big Brown managed to eke out a win against a mediocre field. I bet against him and would have made good money if he'd run out, much like I did when he ran out in the Belmont.

It isn't that I'm rooting against the horse (although I don't like his trainer one bit). I would have been happy to see him destroy the Belmont field by 10 lengths and possibly light a fire under fan interest in racing.

As it was, I'll take my profit from the Belmont, minus what I spent in the Haskell, and not include Big Brown on any tickets in whatever race he may turn up in next, if any.

It's a matter of value to me. A horse which goes off at 1-5 odds has to win five out of six races for its backers to break even. Big Brown wasn't (in my opinion) a 5 out of 6 horse in the Haskell or the Belmont. It's a lot like tossing a die and having every number but number "6" win for you, but taking 1-9 odds for your trouble. You'll win 5 out of 6 races and crow about how you had a "sure thing", but the sixth race will bury you.

tribecaagent
08-04-2008, 09:05 PM
O.K. maybe he didn't win The Haskell easily, but I'm still stickin' to my predictions.

We're up to #2 for those of you who are playing along at home.

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2008, 02:38 AM
A horse which goes off at 1-5 odds has to win five out of six races for its backers to break even. Big Brown wasn't (in my opinion) a 5 out of 6 horse in the Haskell or the Belmont.I think you forgot to mention one other vitally important option concerning a race Big Brown is entered....PASS.

Just because someone doesn't bet against Big Brown, doesn't mean he's actually betting ON Big Brown.