PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or the Egg, Man or Dinosaur? Proof? Dang Ole Science..

JustRalph
08-01-2008, 05:41 AM
http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/homepage/local_story_210093256.html

A discovery by a former Mineral Wells resident might hold proof man and dinosaur walked the Earth together

A slab of North Texas limestone is on track to rock the world, with its two imbedded footprints poised to make a huge impression in scientific and religious circles.

The estimated 140-pound stone was recovered in July 2000 from the bank of a creek that feeds the Paluxy River near Glen Rose, Texas, located about 53 miles south of Fort Worth. The find was made just outside Dinosaur Valley State Park, a popular destination for tourists known for its well-preserved dinosaur tracks and other fossils.

The limestone contains two distinct prints – one of a human footprint and one belonging to a dinosaur. The significance of the cement-hard fossil is that it shows the dinosaur print partially over and intersecting the human print.

In other words, the stone’s impressions indicate that the human stepped first, the dinosaur second. If proven genuine, the artifact would provide evidence that man and dinosaur roamed the Earth at the same time, according to those associated with the find and with its safekeeping. It could potentially toss out the window many commonly held scientific theories on evolution and the history of the world.
Finding scholars and experts on evolution, paleontology or creationism to speak about the discovery proved difficult. Some who were contacted said they didn’t want to comment on the prints without a personal inspection or without review of data from scientific tests.
However, Dr. Phillip Murry, a vertebrate paleontology instructor in the Geoscience department of Tarleton State University at Stephenville, Texas, stated in his response to an interview request: “There has never been a proven association of dinosaur (prints) with human footprints.”
The longtime amateur archeologist who found the fossil thinks that statement is now proven untrue.

“It is unbelievable, that’s what it is,” Alvis Delk, 72, said of what could be not only the find of a lifetime, but of mankind. Delk is a current Stephenville and former Mineral Wells resident (1950-69) who said he found the rock eight years ago while on a hunt with a friend, James Bishop, also of Stephenville, and friend and current fiancee Elizabeth Harris.

The three were searching in July 2000 for Indian artifacts like arrowheads – Delk’s specialty as a hunter and collector since he was 6 years old – when he said a pile of rocks along a creek bank caught his eye.
“I said it looks like something has been washed out of this hole,” Delk told the Mineral Wells Index. Upon inspection of the pile, he said he saw a dinosaur footprint embedded in a piece of limestone. Delk said he has found and seen dinosaur prints, but now he had one on a piece of rock he could carry off – with Bishop’s help – to keep and add to his collection.
Which is what he did, for nearly eight years. The stone was kept otherwise untouched, stored amongst his other finds, which he said includes over 100,000 Indian artifacts.

A domestic fall from a ladder eight months ago nearly crippled Delk, resulting in surgeries, a long recovery and expensive medical bills. He decided to try and sell some of his archeological treasurers, so he turned to the large piece of limestone, thinking he could clean it up some and sell it to the Creation Evidence Museum located adjacent to Dinosaur Valley State Park near Glen Rose.

Two months ago – about the third week of May – Delk said he grabbed a 4-inch brush and began lightly brushing away sediments and deposits from the stone when he noticed something. He began to see another print develop – that of a human – partially beneath the dinosaur print.
“I seen the (human) track coming out and (saw) that it was a man,” Delk said. “I thought to myself, ‘Lord, I’ve been shown man was here when the dinosaur was here.’” He said he knew what he had to do.
“When I found it, I said this has to get to someone who knows it,” he said. “I took it to Dr. Baugh. He liked to have a heart attack over it. He shed some tears.”

~more at the link~

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/homepage/images_sizedimage_210094837/xl

46zilzal
08-01-2008, 02:39 PM
The UN-intelligent design folks have been faking this evidence for the last 15 years. BUNK There have been no reputable hominid remains found that would date to the time of the reptiles.

DJofSD
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Gee whiz, zz, as the major propent of science as being the way to the truth and the light, I expected more than just a flat out denial without any facts to disprove the hypothesis.

IOW, disprove it.

46zilzal
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Dinos died out around 230 million years ago
Homo Habilis, oldest known fossil of pre-man in Olduvai George 2.6 million years ago: DO THE MATH

Tom
08-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Then 'splain Jurasic Park!
B:4:

DJofSD
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Dinos died out around 230 million years ago
Homo Habilis, oldest known fossil of pre-man in Olduvai George 2.6 million years ago: DO THE MATH
Dinos did not die out 230 million years ago. They were around more recently than that, believe me, with a soon to be nine year old male in the house, there's a constant exposure to dinosaurs and the current state of paleontology and recent discoveries.

If I remember the date correctly the KT boundary is about 70 million years ago which matches up to the meteor impact of the coast of Mexico in the Carribean.

46zilzal
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
65 -70 million is more like it but not anywhere close to the hominids. Should have written they were at their height 230 million years ago.

BillW
08-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Dinos did not die out 230 million years ago. They were around more recently than that, believe me, with a soon to be nine year old male in the house, there's a constant exposure to dinosaurs and the current state of paleontology and recent discoveries.

If I remember the date correctly the KT boundary is about 70 million years ago which matches up to the meteor impact of the coast of Mexico in the Carribean.

You're close DJ, it was about 65 Million years ago.

Greyfox
08-01-2008, 03:44 PM
From the photo it's clear that it was my footprint that the Dino stepped on. I'd recognize my toe print anywhere.

DJofSD
08-01-2008, 05:41 PM
From the photo it's clear that it was my footprint that the Dino stepped on. I'd recognize my toe print anywhere.
Oh, so that was you following me. I wondered who it was.

Greyfox
08-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh, so that was you following me. I wondered who it was.

Yes. I've been uncovered. To the ends of the earth Lady Di.
But what monster was following us?
(Dinosaurs still post on this board I think.)

JustRalph
08-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I thought this would be a fun thread. I didn't think anything about creationism when I posted it. I just think it is pretty neat that this was found. If it's real..........it would damn sure stir the pot.........

DJofSD
08-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes. I've been uncovered. To the ends of the earth Lady Di.
But what monster was following us?
(Dinosaurs still post on this board I think.)
I don't know what kind of meat eater that was but just remember, I don't have to be faster than that velociraptor, I just need to be faster than you!

wonatthewire1
08-02-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/homepage/local_story_210093256.html

A discovery by a former Mineral Wells resident might hold proof man and dinosaur walked the Earth together

A slab of North Texas limestone is on track to rock the world, with its two imbedded footprints poised to make a huge impression in scientific and religious circles.

The estimated 140-pound stone was recovered in July 2000 from the bank of a creek that feeds the Paluxy River near Glen Rose, Texas, located about 53 miles south of Fort Worth. The find was made just outside Dinosaur Valley State Park, a popular destination for tourists known for its well-preserved dinosaur tracks and other fossils.

The limestone contains two distinct prints – one of a human footprint and one belonging to a dinosaur. The significance of the cement-hard fossil is that it shows the dinosaur print partially over and intersecting the human print.

In other words, the stone’s impressions indicate that the human stepped first, the dinosaur second. If proven genuine, the artifact would provide evidence that man and dinosaur roamed the Earth at the same time, according to those associated with the find and with its safekeeping. It could potentially toss out the window many commonly held scientific theories on evolution and the history of the world.
Finding scholars and experts on evolution, paleontology or creationism to speak about the discovery proved difficult. Some who were contacted said they didn’t want to comment on the prints without a personal inspection or without review of data from scientific tests.
However, Dr. Phillip Murry, a vertebrate paleontology instructor in the Geoscience department of Tarleton State University at Stephenville, Texas, stated in his response to an interview request: “There has never been a proven association of dinosaur (prints) with human footprints.”
The longtime amateur archeologist who found the fossil thinks that statement is now proven untrue.

“It is unbelievable, that’s what it is,” Alvis Delk, 72, said of what could be not only the find of a lifetime, but of mankind. Delk is a current Stephenville and former Mineral Wells resident (1950-69) who said he found the rock eight years ago while on a hunt with a friend, James Bishop, also of Stephenville, and friend and current fiancee Elizabeth Harris.

The three were searching in July 2000 for Indian artifacts like arrowheads – Delk’s specialty as a hunter and collector since he was 6 years old – when he said a pile of rocks along a creek bank caught his eye.
“I said it looks like something has been washed out of this hole,” Delk told the Mineral Wells Index. Upon inspection of the pile, he said he saw a dinosaur footprint embedded in a piece of limestone. Delk said he has found and seen dinosaur prints, but now he had one on a piece of rock he could carry off – with Bishop’s help – to keep and add to his collection.
Which is what he did, for nearly eight years. The stone was kept otherwise untouched, stored amongst his other finds, which he said includes over 100,000 Indian artifacts.

A domestic fall from a ladder eight months ago nearly crippled Delk, resulting in surgeries, a long recovery and expensive medical bills. He decided to try and sell some of his archeological treasurers, so he turned to the large piece of limestone, thinking he could clean it up some and sell it to the Creation Evidence Museum located adjacent to Dinosaur Valley State Park near Glen Rose.

Two months ago – about the third week of May – Delk said he grabbed a 4-inch brush and began lightly brushing away sediments and deposits from the stone when he noticed something. He began to see another print develop – that of a human – partially beneath the dinosaur print.
“I seen the (human) track coming out and (saw) that it was a man,” Delk said. “I thought to myself, ‘Lord, I’ve been shown man was here when the dinosaur was here.’” He said he knew what he had to do.
“When I found it, I said this has to get to someone who knows it,” he said. “I took it to Dr. Baugh. He liked to have a heart attack over it. He shed some tears.”

~more at the link~

http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/homepage/images_sizedimage_210094837/xl

OH MY GOD!

ummm....wait, that dude thinks that that is a hand print (or a foot print)

:p

Must have been smoking Marlboros for about 40 years to get stubs like that - maybe the dinosaur man was getting them over at 7-11 or at the local gas station.

:eek:

Is this one of those "fake" doctors from the global warming article?

wonatthewire1
08-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Interesting look at "Dr. Baugh"

Maybe he has one of those fancy printers in his house to make some "degrees"

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/degrees.html

ddog
08-02-2008, 12:25 PM
"A domestic fall from a ladder eight months ago nearly crippled Delk, resulting in surgeries, a long recovery and expensive medical bills. He decided to try and sell some of his archeological treasurers, so he turned to the large piece of limestone, thinking he could clean it up some and sell it to the Creation Evidence Museum located adjacent to Dinosaur Valley State Park near Glen Rose."

Um.....I guess just old skeptic bastard me, smells more than decayed hominid in this deal.

He "a well experienced archy type guy" finds this thing in 2000 and JUST NOW decides to "dust" it off to see what it looks like?????? :lol:

I got a BRIDGE with some dino prints overlayed on top of some hobo prints to sell you goofs in Florida.

Really I DO I DO!!!!!
:D :p

Maybe if we look really hard we can "find" the baby J in there as well somewhere.

xtb
08-02-2008, 12:38 PM
That's no dinosaur, it's Big Bird.

highnote
08-02-2008, 08:25 PM
T-Rex, Alosaurus, Trycerotops, McCain :D

Plenty of evidence that humans and dinos walked the earth together.

Of course, Obama is God -- so he's been around a lot longer than any of them.
:D

My apologies for taken this thread off course. I couldn't resist.

JustRalph
08-02-2008, 08:46 PM
ALRIGHT, i found the truth

http://pub32.bravenet.com/photocenter/remote/2724789253/A82B606687.jpg

OTM Al
08-02-2008, 09:53 PM
This is fake. The guy needed some money and he faked it up. Were this submitted for peer review and examination, then maybe there would be something believable to it, but what did he do with it? Sent it straight to the "Creation Evidence Museum". The founder has an agenda and paid money for it so he can try use it as proof to put creationism into textbooks. Frankly I find this pathetic.

highnote
08-02-2008, 10:55 PM
"One Million Years BC" was based on a true story, right?

Raquel certainly looks great for a woman who walked with dinosaurs. :ThmbUp:

Pace Cap'n
08-02-2008, 11:39 PM
And who could forget Ringo Starr getting caught behind one?

Greyfox
08-02-2008, 11:45 PM
This is fake. .

Yes. Other than my toe print it is a fake.
I suspect the supposed Dinosaur overlay is the
EAR print of a Candidate for the Presidency. But that's my toe print.

highnote
08-03-2008, 12:04 AM
And who could forget Ringo Starr getting caught behind one?

What was the famous line from that movie?

Oh that's right... there weren't any. :D

equicom
08-04-2008, 06:46 PM
If - and note that I say if - it was a genuine fossil, the foot would not be the same size as a human foot today. Remember it is a homonid, not a human, and therefore would be smaller.

According to some other post, the foot looks too small to be a human foot. That would be because if it is genuine, then it is not a human foot, but the foot of an ancestor of the humans (assuming it's not a space alien woooooooowoowowowoo).

Humans as a species are getting bigger too. Our ancestors of only a couple of centuries ago were much smaller framed than people today, so we're still evolving.

Having said that, it certainly does look fake, but then you have to ask if it was fake, wouldn't they have tried to make it look like it was not a fake? So then, because it looks like it could be a fake, that probably means it's not?

DJofSD
08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I know, it was Big Foot's ancestor.

Dave Schwartz
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I have this image of a Larson-esque caveman running out of his cave laughing, carrying this 3-toed dino-foot on the end of a stick.

caption:
"This is just going to drive scientists nuts in a few thousand years."

juanepstein
08-04-2008, 11:12 PM
someone went back in a time machine and did that.

JustRalph
08-04-2008, 11:42 PM
hey Juan, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, that graphic in your signature gets really hard to look at after a while.................takes away from your posts.

Tom
08-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I know, it was Big Foot's ancestor.
Al Gore?