PDA

View Full Version : PPs

dcb188
07-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Can anyone tell me where to get PPs, both free and for sale? The best sites, I mean. Thank you in advance, folks.

point given
07-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Can anyone tell me where to get PPs, both free and for sale? The best sites, I mean. Thank you in advance, folks.

Brisnet pps for betting on TwinSpires. Bet on each track you download. youbet now has free pps too.

Pace Cap'n
07-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Lots of free ones here...scroll down a bit...

www.horse-races.net/library/links-pastperformances.htm (http://www.horse-races.net/library/links-pastperformances.htm)

BillW
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM

It's difficult to identify the best for you without knowing your betting habits. Do you only play one track, a few tracks, all tracks? Do you play only a day or two a week or more? etc. One size does not fit all.

mylosh
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
what does brisnet have, that drf doesnt?

Tom
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Pace figures, races shapes, power ratings, race pars, race summaries......

Fingal
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Not paying for fluff articles...............

dcb188
08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Bill W, it would be mainly Suffolk Downs and also Del Mar, and I guess that would be it for now, but being so new to this that it has not even been a week since I have become interested, I don't know if those pp's are for certain tracks or all tracks etc, I saw where you can buy them for some specific tracks but other sites do not specify what tracks they are dealing with.....no betting habits so far as I have only bet in person at Suffolk and that was only twice, a couple of years ago but Saturday I watched Ginger Punch win one at Saratoga and I was kind of hooked, then found on youtube, the 2005 Preakness, Afleet Alex video and that put me over the top toward becoming a race fan :) All it took was watching one race live, and one you tube video and that was enough for me

BillW
08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Bill W, it would be mainly Suffolk Downs and also Del Mar, and I guess that would be it for now, but being so new to this that it has not even been a week since I have become interested, I don't know if those pp's are for certain tracks or all tracks etc, I saw where you can buy them for some specific tracks but other sites do not specify what tracks they are dealing with.....no betting habits so far as I have only bet in person at Suffolk and that was only twice, a couple of years ago but Saturday I watched Ginger Punch win one at Saratoga and I was kind of hooked, then found on youtube, the 2005 Preakness, Afleet Alex video and that put me over the top toward becoming a race fan :) All it took was watching one race live, and one you tube video and that was enough for me

Sounds like (at least to start) you'd be interested in single piece price printed (.pdf) pp's (as opposed to data files to be used with handicapping software). I'll leave it to those more familiar as I'm an all track, every day datafile user. Be careful to consider printing cost, especially if you use an inkjet printer.

dcb188
08-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks....I guess that would be all I would do right this second....I saw TVG, which we get here in our area, has online betting. Then I heard of youbet.com and now I wonder which is the best, as there must be others, too......so I am still trying to find out what are the best online ways or sites on which to place bets.....besides the pps...very tough sport to learn, without taking a lot of time to learn it, which I am doing, but as it has only been six days, I have picked up things here and there but only some of the very very basic things.....reminds me of a former girlfriend and I at Suffolk Downs, speaking of not knowing what you are doing, I asked her to go up and bet 2.oo on this horse in the eighth and she got to the window and said it all wrong and had to pay the guy 27.00 for a bunch of tickets instead of only one. I laughed for ten minutes, although it was an expensive laugh. These are how novices are, so I read the posts here and listen and learn.

BillW
08-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Dave,

It sounds like to start, something like these will serve you well ($1.00 per track with a max charge of $4.00/day for all tracks):

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/trk_report.cgi?ppp

It's more important to have something to refer to as you read books and learn than what is specifically included with the PP's. You'll form preferences as you go. Read a lot (search this site for many threads on books to read) and meet up with handicappers at the track. It is a complicated game but the rewards are there for those who are willing to work.

dcb188
08-01-2008, 05:34 PM
That site is perfect for me, thank you....I appreciate it.

BillW
08-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I should mention that all pp's are "about" the same. If you learn to read the PP's from one company, you'll pretty much understand them all.

DrunkenHorseplayer
08-02-2008, 05:18 AM

http://mysite.verizon.net/whobet/trks2day.html