PDA

View Full Version : I think, I was robbed

MYKE
07-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Arlington Pick 6 today had a 29k carryover.

I played because of the carryover but after four races into the pick 6 Arlington decides the carryover isn't going today. The sixth race was scheduled on the turf. It rained so they ran it on polyturf mean while 4 horses raced from the 12 entered. After it was run, Arlington decides that the race was all winners in the pick 6, pick 4, and pick 3 announced after the race was run.

Should I get an Attorney?

cj
07-31-2008, 06:19 PM
They didn't decide anything. It is a rule that was already on the books. A pretty dumb rule in my opinion, but it was already in place.

BUD
07-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Arlington Pick 6 today had a 29k carryover.

I played because of the carryover but after four races into the pick 6 Arlington decides the carryover isn't going today. The sixth race was scheduled on the turf. It rained so they ran it on polyturf mean while 4 horses raced from the 12 entered. After it was run, Arlington decides that the race was all winners in the pick 6, pick 4, and pick 3 announced after the race was run.

Should I get an Attorney?

unfortunately if you really want to get robbed retain an attorney

BillW
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM

:lol:

john del riccio
07-31-2008, 07:43 PM

Lawyers, Bankers, and tenured college professors, (throw them in room, and lite the fuse).

John

PS Did I just say that outloud ?

bigmack
07-31-2008, 07:50 PM
http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/SatanLawyer.jpg

dcb188
07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
That is one of the best cartoons I have ever seen......where did that come from? It is absolutely great------I am a crim trial atty high-crime inner-city Boston courts, agree that attorneys charge way too much money, but because they all do it, they think it is all right........same with health care, same with everything else....call a plumber on a Sunday afternoon......what people can get away with, they do. But attorneys need to stop charging so much for things that just are not worth that much......If someone is going to a criminal court and they want to resolve the matter, a lawyer should not charge them as if it were going to be a big jury trial.....unreal.....but where did you get that cartoon??? Awesome.....
How can you tell the difference between a dead snake in the road and a lawyer lying in the road next to him? Skid marks in front of the snake.

toetoe
07-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Myke,

The real ripoffski is that the carryover was wittheld and "carried over" to tomorrow's card. :bang:

bigmack
07-31-2008, 08:29 PM
That is one of the best cartoons I have ever seen......where did that come from?
Here (http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Lawyer.htm)

dcb188
07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Bigmack, appreciate it.

banacek
07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
college professors, (throw them in room, and lite the fuse).

You're just jealous because I can claim my racing forms as research expenses.;)

MYKE
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM
The carryover was the only reason for investing in Arlington's pick 6. After my money is in then they pull the plug.

It almost like having a 25/1 shot win then the track says we're only paying 3/1.

MYKE
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
CJ

Where may I find this rule so I'll never play Arlington again?

BillW
08-01-2008, 12:36 AM
http://www.arlingtonpark.com/racing-handicapping/wagering-information/rules-you-should-know

ALostTexan
08-01-2008, 01:42 AM
I still don't understand. They decided after the Pick 6 had started that they were not going to include the carryover and take that over to the next day? I don't understand that, and didn't see it in the rules that were posted in the link to AP...

BillW
08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
I still don't understand. They decided after the Pick 6 had started that they were not going to include the carryover and take that over to the next day? I don't understand that, and didn't see it in the rules that were posted in the link to AP...

It's in the IL racing commission rules referenced on that page. Use google to find it.

BUD
08-01-2008, 07:58 AM
That is one of the best cartoons I have ever seen......where did that come from? It is absolutely great------I am a crim trial atty high-crime inner-city Boston courts, agree that attorneys charge way too much money, but because they all do it, they think it is all right........same with health care, same with everything else....call a plumber on a Sunday afternoon......what people can get away with, they do. But attorneys need to stop charging so much for things that just are not worth that much......If someone is going to a criminal court and they want to resolve the matter, a lawyer should not charge them as if it were going to be a big jury trial.....unreal.....but where did you get that cartoon??? Awesome.....
How can you tell the difference between a dead snake in the road and a lawyer lying in the road next to him? Skid marks in front of the snake.
.................................................. ...............

My wife works for the DA in my County.....What a small world.....

My Brother does the Training up in MCI Gardner and Shirley.....

Me I was A line Officer in Worc..

small world.....We got to hook up and go to Suffolk....

Zman179
08-02-2008, 07:50 AM
They didn't decide anything. It is a rule that was already on the books. A pretty dumb rule in my opinion, but it was already in place.

Well then, what would you do to appease those who had complained about handicapping a race for turf only to have it wind up on the main track, or even worse...get stuck with the favorite?

Regardless of which way you go, there's always going to be somebody who complains about it.

toetoe
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Oh, I don't know, zman ... maybe REFUND ALL TICKETS ? :bang:

I know, I know --- people will have thrown tickets away. That always happens. Either refunds or "play it as it lies" off turf.

Off sod ? Or sod off ?

Zman179
08-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh, I don't know, zman ... maybe REFUND ALL TICKETS ?

Oh HELL NO. I see the scenario: I pick five winners all at double digits. I know that even if I miss the last leg, I'm looking at a $5,000+ minimum consolation. Heavy rains come (very likely at Saratoga,) wash out the turf, management is forced to cancel the race...and I wind up getting a refund of my pick 6 tickets?!?

I can see the headline now: "Saratoga Racetrack Burns to the Ground...Racefan Charged with Arson. August Races to be Held at Aqueduct."

BillW
08-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh HELL NO. I see the scenario: I pick five winners all at double digits. I know that even if I miss the last leg, I'm looking at a $5,000+ minimum consolation. Heavy rains come (very likely at Saratoga,) wash out the turf, management is forced to cancel the race...and I wind up getting a refund of my pick 6 tickets?!?

I can see the headline now: "Saratoga Racetrack Burns to the Ground...Racefan Charged with Arson. August Races to be Held at Aqueduct."

Zman,

You are making a wager under constraint of a given set of rules. How in hell can you get mad at the track because you aren't aware of those rules? Getting mad at yourself might be a more appropriate reaction. You really ought to be aware of what you are wagering on.

Zman179
08-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Zman,

You are making a wager under constraint of a given set of rules. How in hell can you get mad at the track because you aren't aware of those rules? Getting mad at yourself might be a more appropriate reaction. You really ought to be aware of what you are wagering on.

Who said that I'm not aware of the rules? Right now, if I bet on a pick 4, 6, etc., I know that if a race gets rained off of the turf, then that race will be declared an all race and I'll get a nice payoff if I can nab the other winners. That I am fully aware of what I am wagering on. But to get just a refund after I've picked a bunch of winners? That's bs.
And I'm quite happy that no state has yet adopted such a rule. I can see it now: big player wagers $20,000 in a pick 6 that has two singles in it. First single finishes up the track. Bettor now has 2½ hours to find a way to get his money back. Bettor makes a couple phone calls to his backstretch friends and bribes jockey riding his second single $1,000 to say that there's something wrong with the horse in the post parade in order to get him scratched. Bettor turns a $20,000 loss into just a $1,000 loss.
Is such an outlandish scheme possible? Well, this is horse racing after all and I can see such a rule being manipulated. I mean, how many trainers have we read about in the DRF who have hit a pick 6 in states where it is legal to do so? It would be a coup to know that if a trainer were to have a runner in one of the legs (say, a lowly claimer) that he could scratch him and get his money back if he were possibly looking at a sizeable pick 6 loss.