PDA

View Full Version : Need help with place to bring my rig and me

pktruckdriver
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Basically I lost my reservations in Saratoga, could someone help me out in finding something/somewhere else maybe to stay, but hope fully for under 500.00, yes this old trucker has a budget to live on, and if I don't drink any beer I can splurge for 500 on my digs, that is for 8/8 thru 8/12, Fri-Tues. That is about 4 days( nights actually).

Time is getting closer, if it gets too late, do you regulars suggest, passing on this year, not to come up and then DRIVING AROUND LOOKING FOR THAT SMALL OUT OF THE WAY PLACE, I DID HAVE RES. AT TOP HILL MOTEL, BUT THEY LOST MINE AND THEN ASSURED ME THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR MY TRAILER, THAT IS IF I BRING ONE, NOT SURE YET, STILL TRYING TO FIND THAT PART OUT, MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE ON WHERE I COULD STAY.

Well till I see y'all, rather this year or next, take care and most of all ....
GOOD LUCK

Dave Schwartz
07-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Try Albany - It is only 30 minutes away and a much different pricing structure.

highnote
07-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi PK,

I've stayed several times in Lake George at the "Green Acres" motel. It's nothing fancy, but it is a clean, family run place with an outdoor pool and just a mile or two from downtown Lake George.

It's probably a 30 minute drive to the track.

I didn't stay there last year, but the year before the rate was probably $75 per night. You can probably negotiate a better deal with a 4 night stay.

Good luck!

John

pktruckdriver
08-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks guys

How far away could I be and still be able to sleep in til 9am??

Now my BIg Rig gets a whopping 5-6 miles a gallon, so please not too far away,

It is looking more and more like next year will be better.

Thanks anyway

pktruckdriver
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Now this may make a few mad at me, but SO WHAT.

It seems mother nature is letting me know that I am not really missing much this year by not being able to go, she seems to be having an all out rain fest this year, oh well.

I do hope it drys up for those who do show up, but I still thank Mother Nature for taking my side in this deal, or at least let me believe that.

Again maybe next year I will show up till then i do hope it drys out and y'all win ton's and ton's of money, and drink even more alcohol, good luck.

be careful and lucky
Patrick

rrbauer
08-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Get all your bad luck out of the way this year, Patrick. Hit 'em a lick next year!!

pktruckdriver
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the encouragement.

Good luck to all who do make it this year.

Till next year.