PDA

View Full Version : This could be the intel that we need

wonatthewire1
07-30-2008, 08:38 PM
To launch the attack on Iran while we still have the surge troops in Iraq!

Who said we don't do a lot of digging with our Intel Ops people? This is the stuff that makes our military move - just the leverage President (and CiC) George Bush needs to make it happen. Now that we have competent leadership in the Pentagon and in the DoD - this should be a better cakewalk than the last one.

http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/iran_nuclear_plan/2008/07/29/117217.html

DJofSD
07-30-2008, 09:09 PM
An airburst explosion at apogee would be a great attack against the US military drones, CIC patrols and other weapons. Could even blind low orbit satelites.

It's just another example of the machine gun begets tanks evolution of warfare.

JustRalph
07-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I participated in a walk through exercise years ago that included an EMP scenario. It ain't pretty. The exercise predicted the most valuable vehicle on the planet after an EMP strike would be any truck built in the 1950's and not upgraded to modern electronics.............

Interesting stuff...........which would be worse......EMP style attack or direct attack on Israel?

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2008, 06:29 PM
The article will be poo-pooed by the left because of its source, but damn if that isn't a plausible and frightening scenario:

“Senator Obama has been quoted as saying, ‘I don’t agree with a missile defense system,’ and that we can cut $10 billion of the research out — never mind, as I say, that the entire budget is $9.6 billion, or $9.3 billion,” Kyl said.

Like Franks, Kyl believes that the only way to eventually deter Iran from launching an EMP attack on the United States is to deploy robust missile defense systems, including space-based interceptors.

The United States “needs a missile defense that is so strong, in all the different phases we need to defend against . . . that countries will decide it’s not worth coming up against us,” Kyl said.

“That’s one of the things that defeated the Soviet Union. That’s one of the ways we can deal with these rogue states . . . and also the way that we can keep countries that are not enemies today, but are potential enemies, from developing capabilities to challenge us. “

Let's see...Clinton cuts back military, we get 9/11

Obama cuts back military? {shudder}

ddog
08-02-2008, 01:08 PM
i got a news flash for you to walk through, a scud missle will not be taken out by a missle defense system and that is not the delivery method anyway.

If one were to do it, and could do it , then the delivery method is commonly seen everyday now and takes no new devolpment.

So, the country that had to 'shop their missle laucnhes now is going to detonate AT a precise altitude and location a killer nuke , yeah really?
So which is it , they are evil genusis or evil dolts.

I vote for the second.

Missle defense was and is a payoff and scam to the good ole boys.

And after they take out our mainland "systems" of all kinds they the Iranians expect that our overseas based forces will just stand around and piss our pants.

You guys are hyper-ventilating.

You appear to still think that ACHMADENYJIHAD is anything more than a lowlife simpleton of a puppet for the mullah-mullahs that shake the place.

Just as in 9-11 when you focus on the wrong threats you will be surprised by the ones that hit you.

If you truely equate in your mind mil cuts and 9-11 then you are out on a long long lunch break.

Bush went to war with Clinton mil, if Clinton had tried to do anything of the sort you guys would have burned down the WH in the day.

You couldn't see past the blow-jobs in the oval to the greater good of the country, how stupid and traitor like.

You would rather and did in the day lament how the CINC was not fit to be CINC, of course he was what you had.

Thereby constraining the possibilty of the exact actions being taken then that you pine for now.

So, all your prattle asside , you had your hand in 9-11 , if you really think mil would have stopped it back then.

Tom
08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
:sleeping: Yeah, and the cut backs in intelligence had no impact.
Here's the deal, dog, if we had a leader back then,with a ready military, we never, NEVER would have sat back and allowed attack after attack on our interests around the world. Bush would have taken out Al Qeda and the Taliban long before they could have launched 9-11. Clinton was to concerned with his hummers to realize our nation was under attack. As a CNC, he was a TOTAL AND COMPLETE FAILURE AND A JOKE.

THAT is his legacy. Bill Clinton co-founded Al Qeda.

The Judge
08-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Iran is practicing to launch a missile from a boat and detonate it over the United States. The object being to cause large "traffic jams" and knock out cell phones but not kill people. How wonderful and what will the United States do in response to this "pranksterish" use of tha A-Bomb toilet paper some Iranian trees.

I think the key to this article was its conclusion, the United States needs a defense for such an event. Meaning lets spend so more money on another defense system on some outrageouse speculation.

Pace has already launched a pre-emptive strike by saying the left will poo -phoo the article because of its source. So any disagreement is just the left being left again ,not that this makes no logical sense "lets cause a traffic jam a real bad traffic jam with a A-bomb".

Why not just turn off the oil? That would cause the same thing and the same U.S reaction "we'll be right over to kick your butt.'

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Iran is practicing to launch a missile from a boat and detonate it over the United States. The object being to cause large "traffic jams" and knock out cell phones but not kill people.Apparently, you missed a lot....I suggest you Google "EMP"...aww hell, I'll even give you a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

PaceAdvantage
08-03-2008, 01:02 PM
i got a news flash for you to walk through, a scud missle will not be taken out by a missle defense system and that is not the delivery method anyway.Yup, and they told Orville that that thing would never get off the ground, and one day, planes would never be able to fly themselves....

Whatever...