PDA

View Full Version : Tomatoes for joint stiffness

jognlope
07-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Well it just seems I feel much more agile and typing, my fingers are not swollen, it doesn't bother me to type, the day after I have eaten tomatos, even canned whole tomatos. I need any help I can get with joint pain, so I'm running out and buying a bunch of canned tomatos. Anti-inflammatory properties? And bananas, I guess that's no secret, really get rid of water weight with the potassium, big, big difference when I eat 2 a day. In the bathroom all day, but no water weight!!

Pcon04
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
thanks for sharing

pcon04

WinterTriangle
07-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Jog,

I found it's the opposite. In natural health circles, "acidic" foods are bad, the more alkaline foods are good.

I started making alkaline soup and drinking the broth. I have both arthritis and fibromyalgia, so I'm very much into trying to get out of chronic pain most of the time.

google alkaline foods and see what ya think.

However, I won't dispute if tomatoes work for you, fine. If I were you, I would not eat canned. Get a crockpot, put in fresh roma tomatoes, and slow cook 'em all day. Use that for "sauce" on stuff. Fresh is always better.

Bananas have potassium, I eat them in a protein shake in the morning, becuase I don't get muscle cramps if I eat a banana every day.

jognlope
07-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Well it backfired. I was up all night with pain in the mid-abdomen to the back. I managed to avoid going to the ER, sitting in bath and sipping hot water, so I guess the tomato idea is out for me. My mother had abdominal surgery twice. I type ERs for work so I had all these scary diagnoses in my head, "she has an ischmic bowel -- we better taker her to the OR." Probably it was just start of a gallbladder thing. I'm back to Ensure and very safe small meals. No tomatoes for me anymore.

RichieP
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
This might help you. Very interesting.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

DJofSD
07-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Lycopene is suppose to be a proven ingredient to help men control prostate enlargement. But, to get the benefit from tomatoes they have to be cooked.

wes
07-31-2008, 11:34 AM
GGING IN A JUG

2 c. of apple cider vinegar
2 c. of honey
Qt. of grape juice
Qt. of apple juice

Take 3 ounces a day makes you feel great.

Look up Jogging in a jug. It was sold in half gallon jugs here in Alabama about 3 or 4 years ago.

wes

jognlope
07-31-2008, 01:09 PM
That drink is a good idea. I use apple cider vinegar and honey or maple syrup separately, so I'll just mix em together!

46zilzal
07-31-2008, 05:10 PM
The PLACEBO is still alive and well.

I used to keep various colored sugar pills in the office and was amazed at the clinical results responding to what the patient believed that they could do for them.

sammy the sage
07-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Tumeric...best...period