PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'll post it....Consumer Confidence Ticks Up in July

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2008, 04:20 AM
The only reason I post this is because some others were touting the drop in CC a little while ago...only fair to post when it rises (unless you're not into playing fair):

http://briefing.com/GeneralContent/Investor/Active/ArticlePopup/ArticlePopup.aspx?SiteName=Investor&ArticleId=NS20080729101807HeadlineHits

BTW, how can Consumer Confidence rise in the face of such a horrible recession?

cmoore
07-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Key sentences in that little article....

We never put much stock in surveys on consumer confidence since consumer attitudes can be quite finicky based on prevailing headlines; moreover, the correlation between confidence and the real economic activity of spending is fairly weak.

pktruckdriver
07-30-2008, 08:37 AM
:blush: :p :lol: More , please

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
We never put much stock in surveys on consumer confidence since consumer attitudes can be quite finicky based on prevailing headlines; moreover, the correlation between confidence and the real economic activity of spending is fairly weak.Funny, I don't recall this little caveat being cited by anyone who reported the CC drop last time out.

skate
08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Many obstacles being overcome, shows the strength of a Service Type Economy over a Manufacturer type economy.

Watch, as many economies struggle, while UncleGeorge and the USA leave em in the Dust.:eek:

They CRY Recession.....:confused: