PDA

View Full Version : POP Quiz ; How many Patrons were at Colonial Today : )

BeatTheChalk
07-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Didyou say 751 ? BINGO ? I dont understand it. How can they make it
:bang: :rolleyes:

Tampa Russ
07-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Didyou say 751 ? BINGO ? I dont understand it. How can they make it
:bang: :rolleyes:

That's a good question. How does Fairmount Park or anything in Ohio make it? At least Colonial handled over a mil for the day. They do have a decent OTB system and a fairly short meet. I guess expenses are pretty low. Still, I haven't contributed a nickel to their handle this season.

I think the winner for handle yesterday was the PHA, and I'm almost certain that there were not 751 people there for the racing. Probably fewer thatn 1,000 racing attendees at MNR, PEN and FL as well.

cj's dad
07-30-2008, 08:32 AM
That's a good question. How does Fairmount Park or anything in Ohio make it?

This is off topic but watching FP for the 1st time yesterday on TVG, what is with the starter(?) with the orange and white flag standing just ahead of the starting gate. I have heard the expression "the flag is up" but this is the 1st time I've actually seen "the flag is up". BTW - at least he was inside the rail and not on the track for his 10 seconds of fame, or endangering horse and rider.

takeout
07-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I assume it’s still for sale. Any takers? ;)

BombsAway Bob
07-30-2008, 12:01 PM
more & more tracks are withholding attendance & on-track handle figures...
likely out of embarrassment :blush: of the anemic figures...
I do not understand why more tracks don't try "Picnic Pavillion" areas where you
can bring coolers of food/drink, ala Saratoga. Keeps fan cost down, brings more families, and it creates a positive "party" atmosphere to the event. That $30 in soda & hot dogs will likely wind up in the betting windows, & usually folks wind up buying food/drink onsite antways!
I've never seen SPA food/drink vendors hurt for biz, even with contraband food/drink allowed!

takeout
07-30-2008, 12:29 PM
more & more tracks are withholding attendance & on-track handle figures...
I’ve noticed that too. There’s a BUNCH of them doing it. Writing on the wall, probably.