PDA

View Full Version : McCain outdoes Kerry

Secretariat
07-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm currently voting for this guy, but he makes it harder and harder.

http://pundits.thehill.com/2008/07/29/mccain-wins-gold-for-flip-flops/

"July 29, 2008
McCain Wins Gold for Flip-Flops (Bill Press)

He may be almost 72, but John McCain is still amazingly agile. He’s performed more flip-flops than any other presidential candidate in history.

This week alone, McCain has already flipped on three issues. As recently as July 7, he pledged he would never, ever raise any taxes. But now he says he’s open to raising Social Security taxes. Four years ago, he opposed a ballot initiative to end affirmative action in his home state of Arizona. But this year, he supports the measure. As recently as a year ago, he was dead set against offshore drilling. But now, it’s the centerpiece of his campaign.

Three big flip-flops in one week! And, remember, that’s on top of earlier flip-flops. He used to be against the Bush tax cuts; now he’s for ’em. Used to disparage religious conservatives; now he loves ’em. Used to be against waterboarding; now he’s all for it."

wonatthewire1
07-29-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm currently voting for this guy, but he makes it harder and harder.

http://pundits.thehill.com/2008/07/29/mccain-wins-gold-for-flip-flops/

"July 29, 2008
McCain Wins Gold for Flip-Flops (Bill Press)

He may be almost 72, but John McCain is still amazingly agile. He’s performed more flip-flops than any other presidential candidate in history.

This week alone, McCain has already flipped on three issues. As recently as July 7, he pledged he would never, ever raise any taxes. But now he says he’s open to raising Social Security taxes. Four years ago, he opposed a ballot initiative to end affirmative action in his home state of Arizona. But this year, he supports the measure. As recently as a year ago, he was dead set against offshore drilling. But now, it’s the centerpiece of his campaign.

Three big flip-flops in one week! And, remember, that’s on top of earlier flip-flops. He used to be against the Bush tax cuts; now he’s for ’em. Used to disparage religious conservatives; now he loves ’em. Used to be against waterboarding; now he’s all for it."

When you drill down to his heart - you get a stinking liebral.

As has been said before on this forum, we got 2 stinking liebrals running for Prez right after we get rid of the biggest spender in the history of the world in the WH!

Whatta disaster!

:bang:

JustRalph
07-29-2008, 10:17 PM
yeah right, you are going to vote for McCain? don't make me laugh :lol:

Secretariat
07-30-2008, 12:18 AM
yeah right, you are going to vote for McCain? don't make me laugh :lol:

I am going to vote for McCain. Not because I think McCain is a better candidate than Obama, but as I've outlined before, becasue I beleive the long term effects of having another Republican in the office for four years will destroy the GOP party for decades, like what Hoover did.

I beleive the financial problems in this country are just beginning, and they are severe. McCain will not cut defesne spending which will mean he will attempt to save taxpayer money on entitlements which will create great discontentment to retired Americans and the growing Baby Boom generation as it moves into the need for Medicare and Social Security. The recovery will take a long time and the debt ceiling has already been raised. We are one incident (Iran?) from a full blown financial disaster.

It's a tough decision for me as I beleive the court will lean firmly GOP with a McCain presidency, but he is not so far right as say a Huckabee appointment might be. I don't beleive Obama will be able to fully reverse the trend as GW pretty much got what he sought out to do which is shift wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthy. McCain won't reverse it. He'll embrace it. They'l lbe more and more dissent until we have 20 years of Democrats in the office after that trying to mend the mess.

Honestly, I have great sympathy for either candidate that gets in. Gimmicks like stimulus checks and tax holidays, and drilling off the coast might make people feel a bit better but the economy will take years to recover from GW if it ever fully does. I look at the return on the DOW on average over GW's period in office, and it makes one want to puke. I look at the median wage over the last eight years and measure it against inflation and want to puke. I look at the resentment of the world toward our policy of pre-emptive non-verification invasions and I want to puke.

Whoever is elected will be a better President than what we have at present.

One way I could not vote for McCain is if he would select Lieberman as VP or someone like Condi Rice. That would be my limit.

I have voted Republican in the past. I voted for Dole in 96. Fortunately, I never made the mistake of voting for GW.

JustRalph
07-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Be careful what you wish for. You might get it.............