PDA

View Full Version : senator stevens indicted

lamboguy
07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
the senior alaskan senator is indicted for stealing from the public. now he is not guilty yet, but when the feds come in they usually have good reason.

for my money he is the first with 99 more needed real fast.

these bums, that are held in high esteem, are not interested in leading or representing their constituants, all they want is power so they can steal from ya.

in keeping with my theme of president bush will bust ya everytime, i better expand it to the rest of the bums from both parties that play the game.

the only difference between bush and stevens is that bush never received any monetary gains. and bush will never get indicted, stevens is on his way to the big house.

as bad as this event seems, it can actually turn out good, maybe we can scrutinize our leaders better in the future.

JustRalph
07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
good, only 500 more to go!!!

Pitch Forks!!!!

Tom
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Whatever happened to the lying thief in NO who had the cash in his freezer?
He met Bubba yet?:eek::p

prospector
07-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Whatever happened to the lying thief in NO who had the cash in his freezer?
He met Bubba yet?:eek::p
he got reelected and is back in congress, last i heard...

wonatthewire1
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
he got reelected and is back in congress, last i heard...

I believe that is true - wasn't his name Jefferson or something?

Did Stevens resign yet or just another RINO like the bathroom booty boy, Craig?

lamboguy
07-29-2008, 05:20 PM
the guy in new orleans should be gone too. even though it looks like he got politically set-up with the loot. or maybe he is a dope, either way he should be gone for being brain dead. yeah the money in the freezer, whether he got set up or not by the republicans, they have been setting guys up for years. if he allowed them to set him up he deserves to be gone for brain abnormalties.

delayjf
07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Is that his defense?? do they have any proof of that??

Tom
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I believe that is true - wasn't his name Jefferson or something?

Did Stevens resign yet or just another RINO like the bathroom booty boy, Craig?

Stevens and Craig seem to be on the same page. :D
Looks like that bridge to nowhere might lead to prison!
They were talking about this jerk tonight saying he was 83 and too old to go prison. BS....he's old enough to steal, he's old enough to pay for it. Let him die in prison. 40 years in congress - that's way past the use by date. Crap like him should taken out with the garbage.
William Jefferson, Democrat, Louisiana.

DJofSD
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
the senior alaskan senator is indicted for stealing from the public. now he is not guilty yet, but when the feds come in they usually have good reason.

for my money he is the first with 99 more needed real fast.

these bums, that are held in high esteem, are not interested in leading or representing their constituants, all they want is power so they can steal from ya.

in keeping with my theme of president bush will bust ya everytime, i better expand it to the rest of the bums from both parties that play the game.

the only difference between bush and stevens is that bush never received any monetary gains. and bush will never get indicted, stevens is on his way to the big house.

as bad as this event seems, it can actually turn out good, maybe we can scrutinize our leaders better in the future.
As I understand it, the quid pro quo for the 6 or 7 "home improvement" items was a $167 million arctic tundra research award for a company that has never ever done one before.

So, by definition we know him to be a liar. Now, we're about to find out he's a thief too.

I'm shocked! Terribly shocked. (And if you believe that I have a handicapping system I can sell you.)

JustRalph
07-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Jefferson is awaiting trial and half his family has been indicted also for stealing money. The word is, more indictments to come............ and video tapes

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47538

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36988

rastajenk
07-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Two senators running for President....one of them's gotta win.

It's like a maiden race with a couple first- or second time starters against a bunch of proven losers.

There are reasons senators never win national elections: they don't have executive experience, and they have a long trail of voting records (when they bother to vote). Senators are the most overhyped bunch of politicians out there. Is this really the best our primary system could provide?

The only reason Republicans might worry about this is the total numbers game; they have to stay in the 45-50 range in the Senate to wield what clout they still have. I doubt if many non-Alaskan Republicans have any affinity for Stevens; most could smell something stinky about him a mile away. It sounds like small-time stuff to risk a career on, but if it's true, let justice be served. The Bridge to Nowhere suddenly leads somewhere: Parchman Farm!

If he was a Dem, it would be a witchhunt. But Repubs will be all right with whatever due process produces.