PDA

View Full Version : ADD on to housing bill U got F"d twice

ezpace
07-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Congress snuck a dramatic hike of the federal debt ceiling into the approved housing rescue. When the bill is signed to law, the federal debt "limit" will be hiked $800 billion, to $10.6 trillion. Funny, last week the Congressional Budget Office estimated the Fannie/Freddie rescue would cost $100 billion, at most. Coupled with the rest of the housing rescue, Congress has given themselves a $400 billion cushion. wonder why?

drop them all in the gulfstream.and start over ...if pacifist,, unlike me vote them all out except Ron Paul.

Tom
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Prepping the roof for Barry HUSSEIN to hit with his spending.

But the action certainly speaks loudly for the dems - thier whining about Bush spending is just political BS, not real concern, as THEY intend to make him look thrifty. Dirty rotten lying bastards.

Dems do three things: Lie, raise taxes, limit personal freedoms. And whine.

wonatthewire1
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Prepping the roof for Barry HUSSEIN to hit with his spending.

But the action certainly speaks loudly for the dems - thier whining about Bush spending is just political BS, not real concern, as THEY intend to make him look thrifty. Dirty rotten lying bastards.

Dems do three things: Lie, raise taxes, limit personal freedoms. And whine.

If the Bushwacker signs it, he stands guilty with the rest of 'em.

Can't get Bushwacker out of office fast enough - even Juan McCant would be better

:kiss:

Secretariat
07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
If the Bushwacker signs it, he stands guilty with the rest of 'em.

Can't get Bushwacker out of office fast enough - even Juan McCant would be better

:kiss:

He's promised to sign it.

I have to laugh at these GOPer's who still argue against government regulation, and then expect the taxpayer/government to keep bailing out the Fannie Mae's and Freddy Macs. God forbid the government regulated anything. The free market place would always do the right thing. What a joke, and now the taxpayer pays once more.

sammy the sage
07-29-2008, 08:28 PM
>>""limit personal freedoms.""

Tom...definitely got your Party's mixed up here... :lol:

JustRalph
07-29-2008, 10:16 PM
He's promised to sign it.

I have to laugh at these GOPer's who still argue against government regulation, and then expect the taxpayer/government to keep bailing out the Fannie Mae's and Freddy Macs. God forbid the government regulated anything. The free market place would always do the right thing. What a joke, and now the taxpayer pays once more.

Gotta agree on this one. This is as bad as the medicare bill :ThmbDown:

Tom
07-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Sec, I say let 'em fail.
Without the real possibility of failure, there is no responsibility.
Let ANY institution fail...as a lesson to the rest.

NO BAIL OUTS FOR ANY BUSINESSES PERIOD.

The Fannies made money hand over fist once, let them now experience closing he doors.