PDA

View Full Version : airline travel

lamboguy
07-29-2008, 05:23 AM
in the united states, domestic air travel has declined 1.6% year to year, while international travel to and from industrialised and and emerging markets has increased over 6%. this is probably good news for the airline industry in the long run. when you look at china, there is a national express network plan that will be around for at least the next 25 years to build, it will connect all capitals of provinces to bejing. the length of highways is expected to total 85,000 km. the chineese have also developed the maglev train. it travels up to 430 km per hour.

i brought this up because i know that transportation leads to other things in economy's. while things look like they are slowing up here, its full steam ahead in other parts of the world.

the chineese government wants people to own and drive cars, they subsidize the purchase of gasoline. i have never been to china, and wish i made plans to go to the olympics this year. the olympics start august 8, it will be very interesting to see the coverage that comes from china pertaining to the way the country is growing.

Snag
07-29-2008, 07:31 AM
When you have very little to begin with, any improvement is huge. The Olympics will have good coverage because the Chineese government will see to it.

Tom
07-29-2008, 08:25 AM
They are doing thier part to make sure people have a good stay.....