PDA

View Full Version : Monday at Saratoga 7/28. Nice card

funkydj
07-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Hope everyone had a great weekend of racing. I spent part of the Saratoga card at the Waterbury, CT OTB branch. Nice time and plenty of characters in the joint. Is it me or are the OTB employees becoming nicer? I have to give it up to the manager there who was kind enough to ask me if I wanted scratched printed up when I bought my racing form. Plus, all the tellers were friendly.

We had a couple of winners at Saratoga ( Critical Cathy in the third and Zito firster Miss Ocean City in the 6th) and a couple of seconds ( Sahara Wind in the 8th and You and I Forever in the 9th- so close for KD).

Let’s kick off Monday with some winning wagers.

RACE 1- # 6 BROOKHAVEN’S MONEY has shown improving ability since stretching out. In his first time around 2 turns, he should be right in the mix. Schwartz is a master of the state-bred game and retains Castellano. # 1 TERGESTI is the main threat with wire to wire potential.

PLAY: 3/1 or better on # 6 gets a win wager.

RACE 3: Small field and we are going to try to beat the favorite with the two inside horses. # 1 LIKE NOW hasn’t been his best in last two but we like that Kent Desormeaux is back on and they combined for a Saratoga score. Has early lick. The # 2 MR. UMPHREY is a classy horse and Dutrow is a whiz at first time claimers. Has tactical speed.

PLAY: Win bet on # 1 at odds of 5/1 or better and a win bet on # 2 at odds of 2/1 or higher.

RACE 4: Seems every day we are calling out a the horse for Kent Desormeaux to get that 5,000 win. We really like his chances on the 3X MISS BLARNEY STONE. 4th last out but has been in the money in both Saratoga tries.

PLAY: Win bet on # 3X if you get 3/1 or higher.

RACE 5: One can fatten their bankroll with Motion/Dominguez turf horses. Out of Fusaichi Pegasus, we think # 3 AWANWELLA is the one to beat. Only problem is that we think that the crowd will do the same.

PLAY: If let slip away with 3/1 or higher, let’s make a win bet here on the # 3.

RACE 6: Christophe Clement brings back the # 4 FRA LIPPO from nearly a one year layoff. But he is more than capable with this turf route appearance and Alan Garcia is solid in the reins.

PLAY: Win bet on # 4 at odds of 9/2 or higher.

RACE 8: We have a longshot winner for you courtesy of low-profile trainer Randi Persaud. # 4 ARE WE DREAMIN’ scored well in her last race at Belmont. Think the filly is in top form and will be in the thick of things in a race that doesn’t have a huge amount of early speed. # 2 CIRCUIT BREAKER is the main challenge and has been working like crazy for Steve Klesaris.

PLAY: Win bet on # 4 at odds of 6/1 or higher. Win bet on # 2 on odds of 3/1 or better. Exacta box of # 2-4.

RACE 9: Two out of state invaders draw our eye in the Amsterdam G2. # 2 DEVEREUX must take a step up in performance but Asmussen can work magic here. # 6 FIDELIO trained by Bobby Frankel is lighly raced and improving. I had a Little League teammate whose last name was Fidelio.

PLAY: Win bets on # 2 and # 6 on odds of 4/1 or better.

Good luck
Joe Kelley
www.winatthehorses.com (http://www.winatthehorses.com)