PDA

View Full Version : offshore -- transfers

big frank
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I was thinking of using BOOKMAKER . How hard is it sending and collecting offshore ? I was going to send moneygram or western union.. I love PTC , and am going to play there , but they dont have most of the major tracks and i will not play without rebates.... any advice ,,,,,,, thank you and this is a great site for horseplayers...

shouldknowbettor
07-28-2008, 05:09 AM
Much harder and more illegal since the gov't changed the rules. Its now illegal for a financial institution to transmit funds for the purpose of wagering from the US to another country. When the rules changed, many people got arrested and lots of US facing offshore betting sites shut down...

cmoore
07-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I was thinking of using BOOKMAKER . How hard is it sending and collecting offshore ? I was going to send moneygram or western union.. I love PTC , and am going to play there , but they dont have most of the major tracks and i will not play without rebates.... any advice ,,,,,,, thank you and this is a great site for horseplayers...

I've used bookmaker in the past. Right now I'm using gohorsebetting.com..You can use your debit card. That's right. DEBIT CARD..It's only a 60 cents fee. They pay 3% rebate on all wagers. The tracks close promptly at post time. They don't have Calder. They have poker and other gambling games. A pretty good site. Check it out.

CBedo
07-28-2008, 02:40 PM
How are you guys getting money out of Bookmaker or any of the other offshores. I just recently opened an offshore account at Bookmaker and after getting a little lucky with a couple pick 4s, I wanted to "take a little off the table." They told me it would take 5 weeks to get a check! They said they could do a bank wire in ten days, but I wasn't sure I really wanted to link an offshore gambling site to my bank account?

Any thoughts?

Cangamble
07-28-2008, 06:26 PM
How are you guys getting money out of Bookmaker or any of the other offshores. I just recently opened an offshore account at Bookmaker and after getting a little lucky with a couple pick 4s, I wanted to "take a little off the table." They told me it would take 5 weeks to get a check! They said they could do a bank wire in ten days, but I wasn't sure I really wanted to link an offshore gambling site to my bank account?

Any thoughts?
Who are they? They deserve bad publicity.

Pace Cap'n
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I have no firsthand experience, but from what I read on the web, it is not unusual to wait 30 days for a withdrawal from an offshore.

Keene
07-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Bookmaker has a good reputation; i have used them in the past.

a paper check withdraw can take up to 30 days, but other methods are available. their payout limits for the ponies are very high. you have to be careful of some offshores limiting your payout.

i have to disagree with cmoore; i would not recommend gohorsebetting.

best wishes.

big frank
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
thanks to all. any thoughts on EHORSEX ?

Rook
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks to all. any thoughts on EHORSEX ?

I don't recommend them. I waited a month for them to pay me and then I was told to wait a 2nd month before I contacted Sports Book Review who successfully put pressure on them to send me a wire. If you can handle more stress and aggravation in your life then feel free to send them your money.

cmoore
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Bookmaker has a good reputation; i have used them in the past.

a paper check withdraw can take up to 30 days, but other methods are available. their payout limits for the ponies are very high. you have to be careful of some offshores limiting your payout.

i have to disagree with cmoore; i would not recommend gohorsebetting.

best wishes.

Gohorse maximums on exotic bets are 300-1. WPS, exactas and DD's your probably safe. Pick 3's, 4's and trifectas you could posibly go over the maximum. Bookmakers maximum are much higher. I believe Book has a race maximum. They seperate their tracks from A to D. Gohorse has poker which I play every week. Just go to the sites and read the payout rules and decide for yourself.

big frank
07-30-2008, 06:19 PM
ehorsex told me they deal through money gram/west union. Anyone else play with them ? it seems like it would be great value betting there