PDA

View Full Version : McAnally

miller17
07-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I can't believe that McAnally just said he'll just slap his wife around, in response to a question. Come on, in jest or not what was he thinking!!?

foregoforever
07-27-2008, 10:11 PM
I can't believe that McAnally just said he'll just slap his wife around, in response to a question. Come on, in jest or not what was he thinking!!?

Yeah, he probably should have known that someone would take his light-hearted, irreverent remark and post it on an internet forum without providing the slightest context for it.

JustRalph
07-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Yeah, he probably should have known that someone would take his light-hearted, irreverent remark and post it on an internet forum without providing the slightest context for it.

Especially on their first post?

Mag
07-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I didn't hear the remark, but I cannot imagine Ron McAnally slapping anybody or anything around. Maybe someone asked him a really stupid question?:confused:

joanied
07-28-2008, 12:15 PM
:eek: WHAT!!?? Miller17, I think you need to add into your post just what was asked/said to McAnally...like, exact quotes. Otherwise, it's all out of context and doesn't mean diddley...
but, Ron McAnally is one of the classiest guys in the industry...everyone loves and admires him...no doubt the man was speaking in total jest...he wouldn't slap any living thing...
it's not nice to post something like that unless you have some serious facts to back it up... I'd bet Ron was actually laughing when/if he said that...and his wife was probably laughing too.

Geeze:faint:

miller17
07-28-2008, 12:29 PM
So you're saying you never saw the piece on tvg but yet feel qualified to post based on what, you nor anyone else that has responded saw the interview with Christina.

Since when does it matter that that was my first post, the man tried to be funny and wasn't and the tvg hosts wanted to get away from it as quick as possible.

Inexcusable.

cj
07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
I heard the whole exchange. While I'm sure he meant it as a joke, it was a VERY stupid thing to say.

joanied
07-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't know anything about wether or not this was your 1st post, miller17...makes no never mind to me...I just wondered exactly what the verbal exchange was, that made McAnally come back and say something like that...

CJ posted that he saw the entire interview...and that Ron's comeback may very well have been really dumb...and maybe instead of getting away from it, Christina should have continued on with it and gotten Ron to say something about it being a 'joke'...
guess the best of us will say something stupid once in a while... I just hope this dosen't start a rumor that he's a wife slappin' sonofabitch:faint:

JustRalph
07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
What? TVG did an awkward interview? Come on? :bang:

Bruddah
07-28-2008, 03:49 PM
What? TVG did an awkward interview? Come on? :bang:

They've never done that before! :eek: :faint: ;)

foregoforever
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I didn't hear the remark, but I cannot imagine Ron McAnally slapping anybody or anything around. Maybe someone asked him a really stupid question?:confused:

I wasn't listening that closely, but I'll summarize ... although I'm annoyed at having to do so. The original poster should have put it into context.

Christina Olivares was interviewing McAnally about a horse running in the next race that happens to be owned by his wife. I don't remember what he said about the horse, but at the end CO jokingly asked him if he was having any problems with the owner about the horse.

He smiled ... as they both were throughout the interview ... and said no, and CO prodded him a bit more with something implying that "the owner" might be getting pushy about the horse. I didn't catch her exact words, but he laughed and said that if she did, he might have to slap her around a bit.

CO laughed, and when they cut back to the regular crew, Ken R said something about not knowing whether he should laugh at it. The other two had no qualms, as they were both laughing loudly.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing McAnally ever said, but no one in their right mind would have taken it seriously.

Generally speaking, if it's political correctness that you seek, you probably shouldn't hang out around horsemen. Or horseplayers.

toetoe
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
C'mon, he's a VAMPIRE, fergodsake. As such, he's protected as a differently abled citizen, no ? :rolleyes:

And anyway, it's not a beloved horsey he's considering abusing. That would be VEWWY vewwy bad.

Shenanigans
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Please, let's make something big out of something so tiny.:rolleyes: The man is one of the nicest I ever met. He was joking and nothing more.

MAGICHORSEMAN
07-29-2008, 02:36 AM
I wasn't listening that closely, but I'll summarize ... although I'm annoyed at having to do so. The original poster should have put it into context.

Christina Olivares was interviewing McAnally about a horse running in the next race that happens to be owned by his wife. I don't remember what he said about the horse, but at the end CO jokingly asked him if he was having any problems with the owner about the horse.

He smiled ... as they both were throughout the interview ... and said no, and CO prodded him a bit more with something implying that "the owner" might be getting pushy about the horse. I didn't catch her exact words, but he laughed and said that if she did, he might have to slap her around a bit.

CO laughed, and when they cut back to the regular crew, Ken R said something about not knowing whether he should laugh at it. The other two had no qualms, as they were both laughing loudly.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing McAnally ever said, but no one in their right mind would have taken it seriously.

Generally speaking, if it's political correctness that you seek, you probably shouldn't hang out around horsemen. Or horseplayers.

You have total recall!

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Please, let's make something big out of something so tiny.:rolleyes: The man is one of the nicest I ever met. He was joking and nothing more.Finally, a trainer Shenanigans actually likes!

Shenanigans
07-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Finally, a trainer Shenanigans actually likes!

How do you get me not liking trainers just by my dislike of that pig Dutrow? I have never said I didn't like trainers. I can give a long list of trainers I have met/worked for and have respect for. Just because Dutrow isn't one of them doesn't mean I don't like trainers.

pandy
07-30-2008, 09:35 PM

If you can't handle listening to adults, go back to kindergarten.

Shenanigans
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM

Isn't that the truth......:ThmbUp:

miller17
07-31-2008, 04:13 PM

"Cause where I'm from we keep our women in line, Slappen em round cepted in these here parts".
" I'm fixin to give mine a whippen right soon".

Isn't that the way you do it in PA pandy?

cj
07-31-2008, 04:21 PM
I already said the guy made a mistake and he meant it as a joke. It doesn't mean it was right, and was in very poor taste, joke or not.

Now you guys are vilifying miller17 for bringing it up? Some "adults" need to grow up too.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
How do you get me not liking trainers just by my dislike of that pig Dutrow? I have never said I didn't like trainers.My memory banks can't recall any positive comments you've had for any specific trainer, although I believe you may have stepped up to bat for Lukas in some of your early posts on this board...being a defender of Lukas myself from time to time back in the day, that's what put you on my radar...not too many of us Lukas defenders out there...

If I'm confusing you with someone else regarding Lukas, my apologies in advance.

Shenanigans
08-02-2008, 09:33 PM
My memory banks can't recall any positive comments you've had for any specific trainer, although I believe you may have stepped up to bat for Lukas in some of your early posts on this board...being a defender of Lukas myself from time to time back in the day, that's what put you on my radar...not too many of us Lukas defenders out there...

If I'm confusing you with someone else regarding Lukas, my apologies in advance.

Dutrow, Asmussen and Norman are the only trainers I have made negative statements about. They do not equal "all" trainers.
I have defended Lukas. He's a sharp trainer despite what his naysayers think. He's one of the most intriguing persons I have ever encountered in the business.

juanepstein
08-02-2008, 09:41 PM
you guys have it all wrong. he pays me to slap his wife.

del mar 10th- gooooooo!!!!!!! red door drive!

and #2 and #10

juanepstein
08-02-2008, 10:00 PM
you guys have it all wrong. he pays me to slap his wife.

del mar 10th- gooooooo!!!!!!! red door drive!

and #2 and #10

#4 red door drive- 2nd- $7.00 $4.80:mad:

that damn favorite!!!

cj
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Personally, I think Dutrow calling Jeanine Edwards "babe" is just as bad, or even worse, than what McAnally did. One was obviously joking, the other is just showing what a classless asshole he is.

Shenanigans
08-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Personally, I think Dutrow calling Jeanine Edwards "babe" is just as bad, or even worse, than what McAnally did. One was obviously joking, the other is just showing what a classless asshole he is.

He's just verifying what we already know.;)

JustRalph
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
He's just verifying what we already know.;)

Really? Not on my list.........

cj
08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Really? I just don't see how anyone could refer to a woman as "babe" and sound like anything but an ass. If he was talking with my wife and addressed her as babe, we'd be having a chat. To me at least, it is extremely disrespectful.

ezrabrooks
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
He calls everybody Babe... Just a habit, there was no disrespect there.

cj
08-03-2008, 11:10 PM
He calls everybody Babe... Just a habit, there was no disrespect there.

It is a bad habit then.

ezrabrooks
08-03-2008, 11:13 PM
It is a bad habit then.

You didn't know that? I have seen several interviews where he ends with a "Thanks Babe". Just an expression he uses.

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Hell, he called Randy Moss babe live on the air...

cj
08-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Hell, he called Randy Moss babe live on the air...

Of course I know he uses it all the time. It isn't the same when using it when talking to a woman IN MY OPINION. No class...

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2008, 02:10 AM
Of course I know he uses it all the time. It isn't the same when using it when talking to a woman IN MY OPINION. No class...After Jeanine's interview with Dutrow on Whitney day, I get the feeling Dutrow isn't very fond of Ms. Edwards anymore.

joanied
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
geeze, I think this is being carried a bit too far... we'ev gone from McAnally's misworded joke about slapping his wife, to Dutrow calling folks babe...kinda like people that call everyone 'dude'....it seems to me this is all just a bit ridiculous...if Lukas, Baffert or Zito called everyone some 'nickname', that'd be just fine....
In the grand scheme of things...this is simply a short footnote to be ignored if you don't like it...I mean, really...who:eek: gives a crap!!
:)

Shenanigans
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Really? Not on my list.........

Who cares about your list...........:p