PDA

View Full Version : Nice workout for T. of Ekati

jognlope
07-27-2008, 08:33 AM
http://www.equibase.com/static/workout/SAR072308USA-EQB.html

jognlope
07-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Guess I should have looked at workouts for winner Forever.

INFRONT07
07-27-2008, 11:33 AM
My pick today also
good luck

Irish Boy
07-27-2008, 11:36 AM
What's the weather report for the spa today?

INFRONT07
07-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Chance of Thunderstorms;track is rated good ;sun is out

jognlope
07-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Hot but a cloud cover, but walking outside just now to get Stewart's chocolate ice cream, the best of all ice cream, it was pretty darn hot and a little muggy and I'm 27 miles from the Spa... so close yet so far away. Sort of glad I can work today and stay out of it.

joanied
07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
jognlope...
Guess Tale of Ekati's work was good, but I was bummed in the Jim Dandy...looked like he might win the race going around the clubhose turn...then he faded...Tagg must be so disappointed. Looks like Da Tara may have run the race of his life in the Belmont...I love any horse by Tiznow, so the win was Ok with me...and maybe another 1/16th and Pyro would have won. Nice to see Pyro re gaining his form... and no doubt, Zito is very disappointed not to have War Pass back yet.

Stevie Belmont
07-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Tale Of Ekati should try sprints. He will appreciate the cutback in distance.

joanied
07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Tale Of Ekati should try sprints. He will appreciate the cutback in distance.

I agree 100%... cut back to 7 and maybe flat mile...wonder if Barclay might be thinking the same thing...this is a very good horse that seems to run out of his comfort zone all the time, and pretty soon they'll have to give him a confidence booster.

JustRalph
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Da Tara is what he is................ no lone or easy lead..............he is done.

jognlope
07-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Tiznow is the 2nd leading sire, they are doing great.

joanied
07-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Tiznow is the 2nd leading sire, they are doing great.

I know....and it makes me happy...I so love that horse. you should have seen me (or maybe not:blush: ) when he won his Classics...the first one was great enough...but being a NY'er, that one after 9/11 was one of the most emotional races I ever watched...I lost my voice, I looked like this :jump: jumping around the room, scared the shit outta my dogs, they knew I had lost my mind...and cried like a baby.
Sorry, just can't help myself...Tiznow is Tiz-wonderful!!!!

jognlope
07-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Drift got 4th at Delmar, was tugging at his rider announcer said, that's not much to offer you in the way of details, but chart is available. Maybe he'll get the next one.

alhattab
07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
jognlope...
Guess Tale of Ekati's work was good, but I was bummed in the Jim Dandy...looked like he might win the race going around the clubhose turn...then he faded...Tagg must be so disappointed. Looks like Da Tara may have run the race of his life in the Belmont...I love any horse by Tiznow, so the win was Ok with me...and maybe another 1/16th and Pyro would have won. Nice to see Pyro re gaining his form... and no doubt, Zito is very disappointed not to have War Pass back yet.

Tagg said before the race that Tale of Ekati was "a work short". I thought they were going to the Haskell a week later but Tagg didn't want to ship as we was looking for a Travers prep. Looks like he ran a short horse but that he got something out of it. I doubt he's disappointed.

ghostyapper
07-28-2008, 09:59 PM
He really made an impressive move around the turn. If its true that tagg sent him out short, I'd say he'll run a big one next out.

tribecaagent
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Barclay Tagg has been complaining about this horse's workouts since he was a two year old. Too Fast, too slow, not enough, the rider did too much, the rider did too little, the horse worked alone, the horse caught an unexpected workmate, etc. I think the world of Mr. Tagg, but he's got to fess up and face reality. This horse is a middle distance racehorse.

Now that I've made my case, ToE will win the Travers by open lengths and pay $32. :)

joanied
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Drift got 4th at Delmar, was tugging at his rider announcer said, that's not much to offer you in the way of details, but chart is available. Maybe he'll get the next one.

Thanks, jog....I'll have to find the chart..."tugging at his rider"...sounds like the old boy wanted to go, but his jock kept a hold? I need to see who rode him also...man, if PD wanted to roll, he should have let him. Hope it was a close 4th....next time...yessireeeee:jump:

joanied
07-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Tagg said before the race that Tale of Ekati was "a work short". I thought they were going to the Haskell a week later but Tagg didn't want to ship as we was looking for a Travers prep. Looks like he ran a short horse but that he got something out of it. I doubt he's disappointed.

HUH...didn't know Tagg said TofE would be a short horse...he did make a hell of a move around the turn, and I'll look for a big effort next time...you guys may get a nice price on Tale next time out....man, I'd be thrilled for Barclay if he can win the Travers...may be a tough go, I assume the field will be loaded!!

joanied
07-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Barclay Tagg has been complaining about this horse's workouts since he was a two year old. Too Fast, too slow, not enough, the rider did too much, the rider did too little, the horse worked alone, the horse caught an unexpected workmate, etc. I think the world of Mr. Tagg, but he's got to fess up and face reality. This horse is a middle distance racehorse.

Now that I've made my case, ToE will win the Travers by open lengths and pay $32. :)

He just might :eek:

jognlope
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
After one of T of E's slow workouts a few weeks ago, Tagg was heard to turn to someone and say "now you know why I'm always in a bad mood."

joanied
07-29-2008, 08:52 PM
After one of T of E's slow workouts a few weeks ago, Tagg was heard to turn to someone and say "now you know why I'm always in a bad mood."

I heard that somewhere...and it made me laugh, and like the man even more, if that's possible...he should be someone's 'straight man':lol:

Have you read the book about the Funny Cide crew..."Funny Cide" (co written with Sally Jenkins)...it's a great read. Very funny in places too....but what struck me was the story behind Barclay Tagg... the man has gone through some real trials & tribulations...everyone makes fun about Dutrow living in a tack room...Tagg lived in his car!!! No one should put down anyone that has been 'down and out', found the courage to pull out of it, and then attains his dreams/goals....more power to 'em :ThmbUp:
I truly admire Barclay Tagg.

jognlope
07-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes that book was really well written. A really fun read as they say. Funny Cide has a nice video on youtube from HRTV. He was a fun horse, light-hearted. I always look at horses as having an old soul or, like me and my partner used to say, a new soul like a sorrel mare we had named Kid. Funny was right off the block, just light and joyous and made everybody smile. I love Funny well that's obvious. I have to get over here to the Spa in the early morning and get a picture of him galloping but with no car... too bad hitch hiking is taboo these days.

joanied
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
jognlope...Hope you make it to the Spa...if you get a photo of Funny, please post it here...it's so awesome that Tagg has him as his pony now...no doubt, Funny is a very happy horse...he sure did bring a ton of joy to so many.
Maybe you can rent a car...what a shame you'll miss Saratoga because you have no wheels.

Bobzilla
07-30-2008, 10:31 AM
I was at Belmont Sunday the morning of June 22nd as I was in the Belmont Handicapping Tournament that weekend. Between the finish line and the clubhouse turn (outside of the gates) I watched Mr. Tagg and his faithful pony 2003 KD winner Funny Cide overseeing the barn's workouts for that day. The horse looked great and I might add he had a presence of purpose as he appeard to be assuming a role of barn leader while overseeing that morning's works along with the trainer. Perhaps that's just the way my mind wanted to interpret things but it sure looked that way. Looks like Funny Cide is living a very charmed life and I couldn't be more happy for the "gutsy gelding".

As for Tale of Ekati, I really believe this horse is one of the classiest of his somewhat class challenged generation. He's done remarkably well winning the Wood Memorial and finishing 4th in the Kentucky Derby despite what I believe to be stamina limitations. Up to now he's done what he's done on a relative class advantage, in my opinion. But I think the distance limitation could catch up with him and I agree with those that think he could be a monster in the Kings Bishop. My gut tells me Mr. Tagg knows this. My gut tells me that his breeder/owner isn't ready to capitulate and accept he could maybe have the best 7f 1m 3yo in the country, and there is nothing wrong with that.

joanied
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I was at Belmont Sunday the morning of June 22nd as I was in the Belmont Handicapping Tournament that weekend. Between the finish line and the clubhouse turn (outside of the gates) I watched Mr. Tagg and his faithful pony 2003 KD winner Funny Cide overseeing the barn's workouts for that day. The horse looked great and I might add he had a presence of purpose as he appeard to be assuming a role of barn leader while overseeing that morning's works along with the trainer. Perhaps that's just the way my mind wanted to interpret things but it sure looked that way. Looks like Funny Cide is living a very charmed life and I couldn't be more happy for the "gutsy gelding".

Tha's a great little story...I don't think you saw what you wanted to see...Funny is not only a very happy horse, but wouldn't surprise me on bit if he does think of himself as the barn leader...this is great stuff, and it's not just thanks to Tagg, but Funny's owners as well... I hope Tagg rides that horse to the track everyday for the next 10 yrs or so!!

As for Tale of Ekati, I really believe this horse is one of the classiest of his somewhat class challenged generation. He's done remarkably well winning the Wood Memorial and finishing 4th in the Kentucky Derby despite what I believe to be stamina limitations. Up to now he's done what he's done on a relative class advantage, in my opinion. But I think the distance limitation could catch up with him and I agree with those that think he could be a monster in the Kings Bishop. My gut tells me Mr. Tagg knows this. My gut tells me that his breeder/owner isn't ready to capitulate and accept he could maybe have the best 7f 1m 3yo in the country, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree with your summation... and I'd bet his owners are giving Tagg a fit about it, it's been mentioned here before, T of E would make an outstanding mid distance horse...and Tagg probably does know it... he IS an outstanding horseman and T of E's owners need to listen to their trainer (OH, NO!!!)

tribecaagent
08-22-2008, 05:28 PM

I posted this on July 27th! I never thought of myself as a fortune teller!

joanied
08-23-2008, 12:28 PM
I posted this on July 27th! I never thought of myself as a fortune teller!

yesindeedy....

Barclay is happy about TofE's training now, and I expect him to put in a great race in the Travers...I posted my picks in another thread, but have Tale to win, Pyro 2nd, Harlem Rocker 3rd, Tiz Big 4th.

In a hurry right now....gotta go:mad: