PDA

View Full Version : Michael Iavarone

jognlope
07-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Why would he tell Jenine Edwards on camera he was close to firing Dutrow? How is Dutrow supposed to feel comfortable working with him, now that Jeanine informed him (on camera) of the same? Michael appears kind of temperamental, so maybe it's just that....soap opera.

DeanT
07-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Dutrow trains horses and he gets a fee; and makes a nice living. The last thing he needs to feel is comfortable. The guys giving him millions in horseflesh are the ones who need to feel comfortable.

Jmo.

Irish Boy
07-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Why would he tell Jenine Edwards on camera he was close to firing Dutrow? How is Dutrow supposed to feel comfortable working with him, now that Jeanine informed him (on camera) of the same? Michael appears kind of temperamental, so maybe it's just that....soap opera.

I missed it. Was the context that Dutrow was, at one point in the past, close to being fired, or that IEAH is close to firing him now?

jognlope
07-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Michael told Jenine earlier today that he was close to firing Dutrow, which Jenine told Dutrow just before the race (Whitney?) and Dutrow told Jenine he hadn't heard anything. Just promelgating the holier then Dutrow propaganda.

DeanT
07-26-2008, 07:48 PM
It was well reported in the media that they were thinking of firing Dick. And it is not an industry secret. 80% of owners with a pulse would have fired Dick due to the mess he caused. Owners only put up with so much chit, then they are gone.

tribecaagent
07-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Dutrow trains horses and he gets a fee; and makes a nice living. The last thing he needs to feel is comfortable. The guys giving him millions in horseflesh are the ones who need to feel comfortable.

Jmo.

I agree with you Dean. Also, Dutrow could've acknowledged that he and Iavorone have had their problems. Dutrow's still a punk who's in denial.

Bruddah
07-26-2008, 08:26 PM
It was ground work for firing Dutrow, if needed, without a lot of questions being asked afterwards. Especially, if BB doesn't perform to expectations on Aug 4th. (JMHO) :ThmbUp:

tribecaagent
07-26-2008, 08:59 PM
It was ground work for firing Dutrow, if needed, without a lot of questions being asked afterwards. Especially, if BB doesn't perform to expectations on Aug 4th. (JMHO) :ThmbUp:

You know what Bruddah, as much as I dislike Dutrow, it's still difficult to sack him. He's done amazing work with Kip Deville, Frost Giant, Benny The Bull, as well as Big Brown. I was thinking about this today. Who could get more out of this bunch?

jognlope
07-26-2008, 09:14 PM
What mess did Dutrow cause? Boasting about BB before Belmont? Using Winstrol which has been legal? For having a different personality, and by way, being honest about his past? Let me know, cause I don't know what mess he caused. All I see is a few of his horses winning.

JustRalph
07-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I am so sick of all of these shit mouthed ass kissing money grubbers from IEAH and Dutrow......... if I have to hear one more thing about Big Brown on a televison show with 50 horses in stakes races that have nothing to do with BBrown!!! :bang: :bang:

Iavarone says this shit just to get on TV if you ask me..............

I am sick of the lot of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruddah
07-26-2008, 09:25 PM
You know what Bruddah, as much as I dislike Dutrow, it's still difficult to sack him. He's done amazing work with Kip Deville, Frost Giant, Benny The Bull, as well as Big Brown. I was thinking about this today. Who could get more out of this bunch?

I am not a Dutrow supporter, either. I also believe, he has done an excellent training job, on the horses you mentioned. However, I think ground work was being layed by IEAH. I actually felt sorry for Dutrow, in Ms. Edwards interview. It was a slap with the back of the hand by Ivarone. It's a tough sport and things like this happen on the backside, all the time. This being made public (Nationally) was unnecessary. A total lack of Class by IEAH. (JMHO) :ThmbDown:

big frank
07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Iavarone @ Dutrow deserve each other . Its that simple .

jognlope
07-26-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree on one thing only, Iavaron needs to much all the stalls in Dutrow's barn for a week. Actually I think he needs a couple wild horses in a round pen -- a good hour of that.

Bruddah
07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Iavarone @ Dutrow deserve each other . Its that simple .

don't be shy, tell us how you really feel. :lol: :D You're gonna fit in here :ThmbUp:

098poi
07-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I also heard him say that Kent D said the reason he pulled up BB was because he wasn't going to let him come in fifth!! First time I heard that.:ThmbDown:

DeanT
07-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I agree on one thing only, Iavaron needs to much all the stalls in Dutrow's barn for a week. Actually I think he needs a couple wild horses in a round pen -- a good hour of that.
He pays people to do that.

With respect, you dont have to look far. When an owner comes out in the press saying that he does not want any drugs between races, and while he is at the press conference Dick is nabbed with Clenbuterol with "the highest level" Vietch has ever seen, and Dick doesnt tell him, he is gonna be pissed. This was a match made in heaven (hell)maybe, but regardless, expect a soap opera when it comes to this match. When you employ a guy who wins at 35% off the barn change, it is inevitable that headlines like this happen.

tribecaagent
07-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry for Dutrow? NEVER. Here's a guy who spit in the face of his competitors during the triple crown trail.

Lack of class by Iavarone? Yeah, I'll buy that. To me, it's clear that both of em' have no idea how to handle power and success. It's never Dutrow's fault when something goes wrong, Iavarone wants to swing his dick around, and either one of em' can't seem to shut up.

I think Big Frank said it best. They deserve each other. They're both trash.

jognlope
07-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Then what are you?

tribecaagent
07-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Then what are you?

I think your tired and cranky Jognlope. Is it past your bedtime?

Maybe you should have your milk & cookies and turn in.

Tom
07-26-2008, 10:39 PM
It is 100% certain - one of them is a liar.
I agree with Ralph - keep Big Brown and his circus of freaks out of race coverage the he is not quititing in. Cover the races being shown, not the one being thrown.

JustRalph
07-27-2008, 05:20 AM
It is 100% certain - one of them is a liar.
I agree with Ralph - keep Big Brown and his circus of freaks out of race coverage the he is not quititing in. Cover the races being shown, not the one being thrown.

:ThmbUp:

jognlope
07-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Well I hope BB wins on 8/3 for many many reasons.... oh my!!

RichieP
07-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Lack of class by Iavarone? Yeah, I'll buy that. To me, it's clear that both of em' have no idea how to handle power and success. It's never Dutrow's fault when something goes wrong, Iavarone wants to swing his dick around, and either one of em' can't seem to shut up.

I think Big Frank said it best. They deserve each other. They're both trash.

Sharp post "Tribe" and right on the money. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

jognlope
07-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I did read Dutrow didn't appear before Congress, sort of changed my mind about him.

BIG49010
07-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Sharp trainers like Dutrow, Assmusen, Contesa, Frankel make these owners who buy and claim horses look great, take the horses away from the trainer and move the horses to another barn they could give a dam. Another 10 owners are who want to win will move in new horses. You don't like the drugs, etc then move your horses to another country, because this is the way it is in the U.S., and your not going to win without them.

lamboguy
07-27-2008, 09:57 AM
mike iverone is a good guy. he's good to his mother, he never came home at night.

onefast99
07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I think a lot of these guys really dont know how to handle success. Keep giving them the microphone and they are bound to say something crazy. Big Brown is the main focus, he is coming to the Haskell and that is all anyone should worry about.Co-owner Paul Pompa is a good solid horseman and as long as Paul is involved with BB thats good for the sport.

jognlope
07-27-2008, 04:37 PM
But the obstinate going behind the owner's back -- I nealry had a hypertensive crisis when I found out my QH, after seeing he look like a tub on wheels, was being given a bunch of bread every day. Because I can't deal with the L word again, went through it with my last QH, although he recovered with shots of ace. Anyway the horse is just right with no bread (that I know of!!) just slightly on the thin side, which is preferable to prevent laminitis.

big frank
07-27-2008, 07:04 PM
He pays people to do that.

With respect, you dont have to look far. When an owner comes out in the press saying that he does not want any drugs between races, and while he is at the press conference Dick is nabbed with Clenbuterol with "the highest level" Vietch has ever seen, and Dick doesnt tell him, he is gonna be pissed. This was a match made in heaven (hell)maybe, but regardless, expect a soap opera when it comes to this match. When you employ a guy who wins at 35% off the barn change, it is inevitable that headlines like this happen. do you really think Iavarrone didnt know Dutrow was juicing ??????? everyone likes to put all the blame on the trainers ,, when the truth is there are several owners that win with who ever they could find to train there horses,,,, truth is the owners are paying the vet bills , and there are a few owners who continue to pay crooked vets ....... i could give several examples of owners who win REGARDLESS of who is listed as there trainer...

garyoz
07-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Iverone is setting up an out in case BB loses The Haskell. If BB loses--shift the focus to that obvious loser in life D. Dutrow. Blame the trainer and take the focus off the horse. Dutrow is the patsy if BB loses.

Remember Iverone was a penny stock promoter who claimed to be an Investment Banker. He was also trying to set up some type of hedge fund for horse investing that those morons on CNBC let him promote during an interview before The Derby. This is pitiful story. Hope BB loses.

No way BB will ever show up at The Travers. This whole story is about a mediocre horse in the hands of two integrity challenged pitiful humans with access to good PEDs.

Mineshaft
07-27-2008, 09:37 PM
do you really think Iavarrone didnt know Dutrow was juicing ??????? everyone likes to put all the blame on the trainers ,, when the truth is there are several owners that win with who ever they could find to train there horses,,,, truth is the owners are paying the vet bills , and there are a few owners who continue to pay crooked vets ....... i could give several examples of owners who win REGARDLESS of who is listed as there trainer...

Do tell.....

westny
07-27-2008, 10:08 PM
What mess did Dutrow cause? Boasting about BB before Belmont? Using Winstrol which has been legal? For having a different personality, and by way, being honest about his past? Let me know, cause I don't know what mess he caused. All I see is a few of his horses winning.

:eek: :eek: YOU are confusing these posters with FACTS.

Pace Cap'n
07-27-2008, 10:22 PM
No way BB will ever show up at The Travers. This whole story is about a mediocre horse in the hands of two integrity challenged pitiful humans with access to good PEDs.

LOL at the "mediocre horse".

Irish Boy
07-27-2008, 10:32 PM
LOL at the "mediocre horse".

I was just about to say the same thing. :D :D :D :D :D

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2008, 03:11 AM
I was just about to say the same thing. :D :D :D :D :DMe three.

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2008, 03:12 AM
mike iverone is a good guy. he's good to his mother, he never came home at night.Huh?

joanied
07-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Me three.

Me four!!

anyone else....

Spendabuck85
07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
In case anyone missed the interview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruUxS9jCqhw

joanied
07-28-2008, 01:44 PM
In case anyone missed the interview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruUxS9jCqhw

Thanks for the link.
I also watched the interview with Dutrow with Janine Edwards, after the one she had with Ivarone... someone ain't telling the truth...the only one in this entire story that is honest...is Big Brown!!

ghostyapper
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the link.
I also watched the interview with Dutrow with Janine Edwards, after the one she had with Ivarone... someone ain't telling the truth...the only one in this entire story that is honest...is Big Brown!!

It looked to me like dutrow was the one not telling the truth. He did not act the least surprised when asked whether iavarone threatened to fire him.

jognlope
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_46_3.gif

Imriledup
07-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Jmo.

Bush league. Either fire the guy or keep him...no need to air your personal stuff to the media.

matthewsiv
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
They are both the lowest of the low.

The BB story is over,he was the best of a bad batch of 3 year olds.

When he takes on older horses they will hand him his head on a plate.
:ThmbUp: :7:

joanied
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
It looked to me like dutrow was the one not telling the truth. He did not act the least surprised when asked whether iavarone threatened to fire him.

Maybe so...and if you listen carefully, he'll tell Janine in answer to the question about takling his horses away...Dutrow says "not lately"...so he was kinda skirting the issue and not telling a flat out lie. I also think you won't see much, if any, emotion coming from Dutrow...he won't be as animated as he's been...just kinda 'dead pan' and playing it careful.

Shenanigans
07-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Owners fire trainers every day. Who cares!!!

ghostyapper
07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Dutrow says "not lately"...so he was kinda skirting the issue and not telling a flat out lie.

Yes but then she followed up with has he mentioned taking your horses away PERIOD and dutrow said no. His body language and tone certainly didn't instill confidence in me that he was tellling the truth.

MickJ26
07-29-2008, 04:51 PM

What about Kip Deville and Benny the Bull? Aren't they IEAH horses as well?
Did the interview just mention Big Brown?

joanied
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Yes but then she followed up with has he mentioned taking your horses away PERIOD and dutrow said no. His body language and tone certainly didn't instill confidence in me that he was tellling the truth.

Not to defend him, but how would you feel if in that situation...no doubt the man was rather embarrassed by this interview...and persoanlly, I don't think Janine should have put him in that spot.
I don't know about Ivarone...he's a little too slick, and he sure has shot to BS in the past...hell, he's a Wall Street guy...they all tell lies.
Think I'll just remain kinda neutral on this one....

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2008, 03:00 AM
When he takes on older horses they will hand him his head on a plate.If he's healthy and runs back to his Florida Derby, Kentucky Derby, or Preakness, this is doubtful. He may not win, but he certainly won't have his head handed to him on a plate.

Think objectively. Do you honestly believe there are that many horses out there better than Big Brown when Big Brown runs his race?

Jeez, just look at Curlin's last dirt-Beyer figure (which was revised UPWARD...it was initially lower) to see that BB was already in that league this spring (yes, I realize the slow pace had a lot to do with the relatively modest BSF in the Stephen Foster). BB is still a developing 3yo.

If he didn't get his mind completely screwed in the Belmont, he easily gives Curlin a serious challenge in the fall.

joanied
07-30-2008, 01:10 PM
If there is ANY 3 yr old out there that would give Curlin a good run, it'd have to be BB.
But until Sunday...it's all speculation.

joanied
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Back to the original post...about Dutrow/Ivarone and the loosing his horses interview...he explains it a bit in this story (a lot of you may have already seen this)---

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/46361.htm?id=46361&source=enewsletter

Moyers Pond
07-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Bush league. Either fire the guy or keep him...no need to air your personal stuff to the media.

He had no intention of firing Dutrow. Just did it for some of the investors in IEAH that complained about Dutrow. I am sure he told Dutrow he was going to do it and winked while telling him. All PR to keep investors happy.

Dutrow and Iavarone are two peas in a pod. Both full of crap and willing to do anything to win. Can't trust anything either one of them says. Both have long proven track records of being cheaters and it isn't likely either has changed.

lamboguy
07-30-2008, 07:21 PM
he blew the break in the swaps. he gave up second down the lane to colonial john and fought back. eventually he lost the race to tres barachios whom he beat by 5 lengths a month earlier. since the swaps he has put on about 150 pounds, and training better than ever.

more than likely next time you see him will be the pennsy derby.

he certainly don't have the resume like piro or big brown, but he is comong around now.

jonied i know you like to follow good horses, and salsa is good, his 2yo sister ain't to bad either. i don't even know her name.
'

ghostyapper
07-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Jeez, just look at Curlin's last dirt-Beyer figure (which was revised UPWARD...it was initially lower) to see that BB was already in that league this spring.

Using beyer's to compare 2 top level horses that have never met is a poor practice.

joanied
07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
he blew the break in the swaps. he gave up second down the lane to colonial john and fought back. eventually he lost the race to tres barachios whom he beat by 5 lengths a month earlier. since the swaps he has put on about 150 pounds, and training better than ever.

more than likely next time you see him will be the pennsy derby.

he certainly don't have the resume like piro or big brown, but he is comong around now.

jonied i know you like to follow good horses, and salsa is good, his 2yo sister ain't to bad either. i don't even know her name.
'

We all like to follow the good ones:)

matthewsiv
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Well he now faces a weak field in the Haskell!

Lets see if they RETIRE him after that, victorious or not.

I just hope he runs in the Travers and then we will see how good he is.

He has to have things his way, and he will not get that against older horses.

jognlope
07-31-2008, 02:48 PM
He's not coming to the Spa at all, they were saying on AM Saratoga, in interview with NYRA president.

joanied
07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
He's not coming to the Spa at all, they were saying on AM Saratoga, in interview with NYRA president.

CRAP!!! How do they know that for sure? Maybe after he wins :jump: the Haskell, Ivarone will decide to send BB up there.

Man, I got to set my TV to record AM Saratoga...I missed it this morning.

I cannot wait for Sunday...BB does face a not so great field, Cool Coal Man seems his only real challenge...I expect Chop Chop will take the lead with Magical Forest...and try to steal it.
Although, Atoned has Prado...so if this horse is going to run big, he'll do it on Sunday.

Hard to beleive with 33 horses invited into the Haskell, this is the bunch to face BB... he should take this easy...despite PP#4...mid pack...Kent will break him outta there ontop (IMHO) and go for it.

onefast99
07-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Well he now faces a weak field in the Haskell!

Lets see if they RETIRE him after that, victorious or not.

I just hope he runs in the Travers and then we will see how good he is.

He has to have things his way, and he will not get that against older horses.
He will win for fun at MP and you wont see him in the Travers he will opt out for another race in the fall. Too close to do both!

tribecaagent
07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
He will win for fun at MP and you wont see him in the Travers he will opt out for another race in the fall. Too close to do both!

Thats too bad. Harlem Rocker is the best three year old in the country.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Using beyer's to compare 2 top level horses that have never met is a poor practice.Thanks for the schooling. However, it's the only thing I have that MOST people on here are familiar with...and won't take ten pages to explain.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2008, 07:12 PM
He has to have things his way, and he will not get that against older horses.Yeah, like he had things his way in the Kentucky Derby. Who was the last horse who won the Derby for fun after going that wide around both turns?

ezrabrooks
08-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, like he had things his way in the Kentucky Derby. Who was the last horse who won the Derby for fun after going that wide around both turns?

vs what? Should we refer to you as "Barrister PA" from now on...

jognlope
08-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Then today Eric Donovan was saying they'll see how he does in the Haskell. The Travers is always a guessing game, getting tired of it... same thing every year... still it's crazy exciting on Travers day.

PaceAdvantage
08-02-2008, 01:30 AM
vs what? Should we refer to you as "Barrister PA" from now on...His competition or lack thereof was not the issue being discussed. The comment that I took issue with was that BB "has to have things his own way."

He did not have things his own way in the Derby. Far from it.

Let's at least acknowledge the obvious here folks.

ezrabrooks
08-02-2008, 12:21 PM
His competition or lack thereof was not the issue being discussed. The comment that I took issue with was that BB "has to have things his own way."

Just poking at you PA...since you always make sure that the other side...has another side..

Ez

Shenanigans
08-02-2008, 09:28 PM
His competition or lack thereof was not the issue being discussed. The comment that I took issue with was that BB "has to have things his own way."

He certainly didn't have things his own way in the Belmont either.

Premier Turf Club
08-02-2008, 11:14 PM
OK, so BB was a bet against in the Belmont and ran a stinker, but let's not make him out to be Giacomo or Sea Hero. All he did on a light foundation was

1) Win the Florida Derby from PP12, the only winner of a race at 9F @ GP from that post since the track opened.

2) Run 4 wide boths turns in running the fastest Derby figure either Ragozin or Thorograph had ever given out.

3) And then come back two weeks later and win the Preakness in fast time under wraps.

JMHO, nobody in that field tomorrow can beat the Big Brown we saw in Louisville and Baltimore. The horse is a freak. He's a freak with chronic bad feet, but he's still a freak.

I think he is going to crush that field tomorrow.

joanied
08-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Premeir Turf Club's post is right on... Big Brown is going to show his true colors again today, and as mentioned...crush this field.

Good luck today, BB...not that you'll need it:jump: