PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 7/26

nobeyerspls
07-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Chalky- Not that good last week. We tried to beat four favorites and three of them won.
Longball- Yeah, but in the other race the two fillies I picked ran one/two for a nice exacta. So this week you get the dirt stakes races at Saratoga and I get the Diana and will pick some live horses at 10-1 or better in other races.
Chalky- Right, and I'm going to fool you by not picking all favorites. In the Vanderbilt I'll take #2 First Defence (4-1). He ran well behind Hardspun here last year and is coming into the race sharp. Of course I can't go past #1 Ginger Punch in the Go for Wand but I'll use both #2 Solar Flare (4-1) and #7 Rising Moon (10-1) in the final leg of the pick3.
Longball- I was all over Solar Flare in the Suburban at 9/2. Got beat by a 40-1 ridden by Rudy Rodriguez of all people. It was his first graded stakes win.
I'm conficted here because my two plays are on the turf and the 5th might be off because of softness. In that race I like #2 Missinglisalewis who ran like a new horse on the grass. Should easily handle the added distance. In the Diana I'll go with #8 Forever Together (15-1). She would have won that last Grade I race if she wasn't steadied and both the distance and softness are right up her alley.
Chalky- What about Woodbine? You hit the first five there on Sunday.
Longball- None of those were that long though but the double and pick3's leveraged up nicely. Ok, in race 6, the Wonder Where Stakes, I'll take #3 Windin My Wings (12-1) as a wake up horse. I'll use #5 Money My Honey and #9 Lady d'Wildcat with her. In the 7th #3 Charming Black will beat the consensus beast bet, #6 Bears Target. Won't be double digits but will win easily.
Chalky- Gotta like that confidence. And it's nice that you didn't pick any of those impossible dream horses in the Whitney.
Longball- Just for that, #11 Timber Reserve upsets at 25-1.

RichieP
07-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Like your style Nbp. What happened to "Figgy"?? :)
:ThmbUp:

nobeyerspls
07-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Figgy was a guest handicapper who relied on the beyers. Didn't do to well. Should I invite him back?

RichieP
07-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Figgy was a guest handicapper who relied on the beyers. Didn't do to well. Should I invite him back?

Hell no. Not with a handle such as yours man!! Thanks for the posts Nbp. I like your style rather than the absolutely mind numbing posts of program numbers only.

Very best of luck and skill
Richie