PDA

View Full Version : Snapcapper Pro?

jackad
07-01-2001, 10:36 AM
Anyone have experience with the newly released Tom Console's software program named Snapcapper Pro?

Jack

andicap
07-01-2001, 06:11 PM
Console is the guy who did "True Tenders,"
which I beta tested as a way to select contenders. Let's say I wasn't impressed. Be warned.

andicap

smf
07-01-2001, 08:46 PM
I wonder if that's the guy's real name, or if he's related to 'Dash Board' in any way?

I recall PA posting about a system he got in the mail from 'Richard Johnson'. PT Barnum w/b proud of some of these guys.

Slider
07-02-2001, 12:07 AM
I recall PA posting about a system he got in the mail from 'Richard Johnson'. PT Barnum w/b proud of some of these guys.

Didn't PT Barnum do OK with Tom Thumb? LOL

PaceAdvantage
07-02-2001, 12:09 AM
Actually, I never got the system. I just read about it in a Dave Powers catalog

TomC
07-22-2001, 02:06 AM
Why the heck would I make up that name? If I were going to make one up, I think I could have been a bit more creative! I am proud of my products, and use SNAP CAP PRO every day. I did great at Hollywood, capped with a $20,000 ($1) superfecta. And my program is doing very well at DelMar. Did you have Salty Helen in the 3rd today (Del Mar 7/21/01) as a top standout auto play? I did, along with the straight exacta and trifecta. Easy money. No work!
But I guess you are too worried about my name to make real money.
Tom

shane
07-22-2001, 07:01 AM
Tom,

Sounds like the same crap Powers and you extolled about Thoroughbred Investor. I was lucky to get a refund .

JimG
07-22-2001, 09:10 AM
TomC:

As a matter of fact I did have Salty Helen today...and what does that prove, nothing! You see, some of the folks you addressed that somewhat sarcastic note to play with real money every day and do win long term. As a matter of fact they do not need to sell software and become a huckster in order to do so.

I couldn't care less what your name is...or that you had a superfecta at Hollywood. You see, that's not news to most of the people who post on this board. However, if you would like to give an analysis on races...that's great...we all like to learn.

JimG

Tom
07-22-2001, 09:44 AM
I'll keep an open mind, Tom, after all, I didn't make up my name either <G>.
Post a few likely winners before the race is run and let 's talk about it afterwards.
Sure won't kill your odds for a day or so.
Tom

TomC
07-22-2001, 12:41 PM
Just as I expected. Shane's quote "I was lucky to get a refund". If you say you were "lucky" to get a refund from Dave Powers, you must have some record of returning everything you buy. Dave NEVER gives anyone trouble about refunds. I have models built up in Thoroughbred Investor that give me ROI's of 0VER 60% profit. But you sent it back.
JimG...you want me to give my analysis of the races. Why should a "huckster" like myself do that? If you are hitting all the winners, and the prices, you surely dont need this huckster to help you out.
I developed products that win. If you guys knew how much I made off selling these items, after taking off the costs and energy to develope them, then you would really think I was a nut. Some guys on this post know what I mean. Selling handcapping product the way I do (not a system mill) has no big profits. In fact, overall, its a loser on software as far as sales go. Like i said, you have to factor in programming costs, Cd's, manuals, and the countless hours of time seeking "bugs", and making sure it works perfect. But it does have some huge rewards. When I get letters or e-mails saying things like "Tom, I cannot thank you enough. After 40 years you have finally made me a winner", then its a big hit.
And I have many many letters like that. Those are my true rewards.
When people want to "burn me" then I do let my Italian temper flare. But when people ask for my help, and I do have something I can offer, I am more than happy to bend as far as possible to help. Am I asking too much to receive a fee however, for a product I have to offer? We all NEED ovens to cook our food. Should GE give them away for free, and be bad mouthed if a bad cook burns his or her dinner in it? Should I be slapped for selling a product SOME people may want or need to become a winner, but be slapped by others if they dont know how to use it?
I rambled enough. Good luck at the races. My winners are waiting in the printer.
TomC

Dave Schwartz
07-22-2001, 12:48 PM
I know nothing of Tom's software nor his manuscripts beyond the fact that I have heard of them.

But I do know Tom Console from his days in Reno, I can certainly vouch for his name.

Heck, I even remember him from his song writing days!

Hope you are well Tom.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Bob Harris
07-22-2001, 01:02 PM
I don't care to jump into the middle of a firefight here but I would like to make a comment: While I don't have any personal experience with Tom Console's software, I did play next to him several times at the Reno Hilton and sat next to his brother Steve almost daily while they were Reno residents.

Unlike so many product sellers out there, Tom personally uses and bets with the programs he sells. Does he sell a "black box" that will turn anyone into an instant winner? No. Does he sell a viable tool to help a handicapper get to the heart of a race quickly and with some wise betting decisions make a profit? My hunch, based on some of the scores I've seen Tom and Steve make, is most definitely yes.

TomC
07-22-2001, 01:03 PM
Dave:
How the heck have you been. Many years have passed since those days. I must say, I have not read a post on here for a long long time, since someone tried saying I was Robert Anthony! Is there soemthing about the name Tom Console that people just have trouble believing is real? Thanks for vouching for me. Maybe if I changed it to Tommy Ponypicker it would be more believable??? But its sure nice to hear from you Dave!

I guess if anyone can relate to my posts, you can! You know what its like spending hours, days, weeks getting one thing to run right! And you know what its like putting your heart into something you really feel is a winner, and is a winner for yourself, with the hope that others too will prosper from it.

I guess it depends on what side of the bed I get up on when I read the post. One day I can just laugh, the other day, I feel that after the laugh, I need to throw a few digs back at them.

We will have to get in touch and catch up on stuff. Are you still in Reno? We moved back to Scottsdale to be closer to family again. We do miss Reno though....especially when its summer in AZ! Better hope I dont read a bad post after coming in from a 115 degree day, cutting the lawn. Boy, wanna hear sarcasm then!

Tom

TomC
07-22-2001, 01:09 PM
Hey Bob:
Well now I am really starting to get the itch to return to Reno. This is like old times again. And thank you for the nice post. I only sell, what I believe in. And you know we use it. We have been using phone betting here from AZ. But the says of the racebooks are being missed more and more. We have OTB's here, but its not the same. They are in resaurants/bars, and not the fancy 'devoted" racebook type.
So how have you been doing? Real good I hope! I will let my brother know you wrote.
Take care,
Tom

Bob Harris
07-22-2001, 01:17 PM
Hey Tom!

While I use phone betting myself about 70% of the time,
I still like to head out to the book once or twice a week to bs with the guys!

Glad to hear all is well...please give Steve my best when you see him!!

Bob

JimG
07-22-2001, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TomC

JimG...you want me to give my analysis of the races. Why should a "huckster" like myself do that? If you are hitting all the winners, and the prices, you surely dont need this huckster to help you out.

Frankly TomC, I don't care if you give an analysis or not. I never stated I hit all the winners at all the prices. You were the one who came into this thread bragging about all your success using your winning machine program.

JimG

PS: Your right...I don't need you to help me out. However, if you have something to share, I am not close minded enough to think I cannot learn from you or anyone else on this board.

Dave Schwartz
07-22-2001, 01:31 PM
Tom,

Yeah, the heat came right through your post. Overheated my CPU. <G>

Good to hear from you as well. Still writing music?

Where is Steve? Why don't you send me a private email and we can catch up a bit? (Instead of here where Bob might be reading.) <G>

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

TomC
07-22-2001, 01:39 PM
Bob:
Will do. And somehow I have the feeling someday we will be back there and join in on the bs'ing! While things are going well in AZ, Reno has a lot of positives we enjoyed. My wife would be on the next plane there if she could convince her mom to move. But family comes first.
Thanks again for "dropping in"!
Tom

TomC
07-22-2001, 02:01 PM
Jim:
Was I the one that started the entire topic saying with the negative things about myself? I tuned to the website after a happy Snap Cap user (hey, maybe there is a rhyme in there... Happy Snappy) told me I should check out what was being said.
Did I ever say I win all my races? NO. When people e-mail me, and ask how much will they make, I am always honest. I never promise them the moon. Yes, I do hit a lot of winners. But the reason I posted that was a little retaliation. But if you want honesty, here it is. On an average week, 5 days lets say, I will have 2 days that make my profits, 2 days that I say "should have just saved my time if I was going to break even" and 1 day where I say "what the hell happened?" Of course its not always even like that. I may have 3 days in a row where I get killed, then, out of the blue, it turns and I can do no wrong. But I doubt I am saying anything new. Everyone thats in it long term goes through it. But the ones that say my progam stinks are the ones that test it on a bad day and say "goodbye". I dont mind if they dont want to give it a longer test. Its their choice. But dont tell me its garbage, because I use the SAME EXACT one they do. And I make money with it. Sure, it sounds like bragging when I say I hit a $20,000 super a couple weeks ago at Hol. But here is the point. It was a cheap bet, anyone could have had it, but the key is they needed to stick with it. Kinda like when a friend will say (after a hit like that) Why didnt you bet it for me??? Well heck, if I knew it was going to hit, I would have bet it 10 times myself! And they are not saying "Why didnt you bet those last 20 losing supers for me?" When you are betting $12 to $36 betting superfectas, you are going to lose a lot, especially when you are playing prices.
Well, I am rambling on here, but my point is in there somewhere. You can take any decent method, stick with it, and make money. I just try to offer ones that will make people stick with! I never try to "rip anyone off"
Have a profitable day, no matter how you play!
Tom

NoDayJob
07-22-2001, 03:41 PM
Having written my own handicapping software for many, many years I find it hard to believe that anyone who is able to show a profit with their program would sell it unless they were crazy, stupid or the program was a complete dud. My money's on "COMPLETE DUD". -NDJ

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2001, 04:36 PM
TomC, welcome aboard! Many a software seller is given the third degree around here and elsewhere...it's part of the business. Just ask Dave S., he knows. I was also skewered mightily here and elsewhere when I was selling my data not too long ago.

I don't know you personally, but if Dave vouches for you, you have to be OK in my book....others here also seem to think you are a stand up guy, actually betting horses using your own software!!!

I can also relate to the fact that you're not going to get rich selling handicapping software. I couldn't even cover costs during the 6 or so months I was selling my data recently. The market is just too small, with too much competition.....

Anyway, I've rambled on too much....

==PA

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2001, 04:42 PM
NDJ,

That is an absolutely false statement. Unless your program is a black box and its only output is three names per race, you are going to have different people interpreting data different ways and coming up with different horses.

I've seen you post around here and other places for quite a while now, and I know you are one hell of a jaded personality when it comes to this game, but I can't believe for a moment that you think a program that spits out any sort of figures will have everyone coming up with the same horse. It's human nature to want to interpret or use something "your own way".

This is the way I can see the justification of a "winning" program being sold.

And I know all about the "how many ways can you calculate speed pace, and class figures" argument...that isn't my point here.

==PA

shane
07-22-2001, 05:08 PM
I don't personally know Tom Console or David Powers
but I have purchased material authored by both. I
have yet to find any system or method that stood up to their claims. Books or seminar tapes should be paid for and kept, which I did. Other material that does not stand up to their claims should be returned according to
the warranty.
Shades of Bob Velasquez!

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2001, 05:31 PM
Just for arguments sake, what claims did TomC make, and how did you test the program out to test those claims, what were your results, and were you given a prompt refund??

==PA

JimG
07-22-2001, 05:31 PM
PA:

You make a valid point concerning the interpretation of the data. That generally goes to the handicapping and wagering aptitude of the player.

Just because TomC makes money using his system/method (assuming he does) does not mean you or I will. Decision-making is key in the racing endeavor and anyone who sells a system claiming it will profit long term without any user intervention is full of it (or they have discovered the holy grail and happen to be related to me<g>)

For the record, I never doubted that TomC exists. I've been on the RPM mailing list since the early 90's and have spoken to Clint Tracy numerous times on the phone and purchased some products from him. Never have purchased anything from Mr. Console so I have no idea how his methods are. I will say one thing for you TomC, I can't think of a worse person to stand up for you than Dave Schwartz <g>. Just kidding, Dave is truly a stand-up individual, that we can agree on.

Now on to betting Solano...............

JimG

shane
07-22-2001, 05:46 PM
PA

The promo for the thoroughbred investor stated that it would come close to 100% ROI long term with no
handicapping. Granted it did state that long runouts were possible.
Anytime I called Powers he stated that he and 3 others had a syndicate and were showing a huge profit. I tried
for 28 days with their longshots and every other Console method that came with it. ( True Tenders, K
something or other and a few more.) I even e-mailed
Console on Powers suggestion. Guess what. He has stacks of rave letters from clients, but no help. Work with it, presumably until the warranty expired.
That,s my experience with them. Take it for what it's worth. If YOU know and trust them- Fine.

Dave Schwartz
07-22-2001, 06:15 PM
And just for the record...

I vouch that Tom Console is a real person I have no idea how good or not good his software is. (You know, this guilt by association thing can get way out of hand.) <G>

Seriously, I do believe that Tom was a winning player when he lived here in Reno. I don't know to what extent, but he seemed to be making his living at the races.

And, NDJ, how about I offer you another alternative to why someone would sell something that works?

1. They can make more money selling software from what they are selling than they can playing it.

Now, that doesn't mean that they are stupid. In fact, I would think that would make them smart.

And they fact that they aren't making enough money to justify NOT selling it, does not mean that NOBODY is making money with it. Neither does it mean that it doesn't work.

Making money at the window is a function of the software you use, they way that you use it and your skills as a player.

Of those three, the software itself probably plays the smallest part, although it is the flexibility of the software that allows the user to do a better job of making the software work for him.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2001, 06:16 PM
Shane,

Actually, I don't know TomC or Dave Powers at all, except for what I read here, and the one Dave Powers catalog I received in the mail about a year ago. That's why I was asking you for your experiences....

==PA

shane
07-22-2001, 07:05 PM
PA,

My experience with Powers was a lot deeper than the software. The software was promoted in a letter to all "
Tom's friends." It actually came from Powers. It had a no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee. So what the heck. Trouble is he didn't want to honor the guarantee and it took many long distance calls to resolve the issue.

andicap
07-22-2001, 07:40 PM
I did try True Tenders (someone asked me to help test it) and it was a complete dud. It was supposed to pick the top 4 contenders 80% of the time, but it was nowhere close to that, maybe 65-70% which any moron could do. Got better prices than the morning line I will say.

BTW Clint Tracy and Dave Powers are one and the same.

Tom
07-22-2001, 07:41 PM
I've bought things from Dave Powers over the years, some good some no so good. Never asked for a refund.
Always fond whoever I talked to on the phone friendly, helpful and willing to actually tell a little about what I was buying if I asked. My experience is that what they told me was what I got, unlike buying a car!
I learn something from most anything I read, even if it is negative. I've seen guys build beatiful cabinets using wood tools. Me, I make sawdust. Same tools. go figure.
Just wondering, if you lose money at the races, do you
ask for a refund on the Racing Form?

Tom (the other one)

TomC
07-22-2001, 08:00 PM
Boy, I leave for a few hours to play the races, and there sure has been a lot of activity on this thread! Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut!
Just a few points. First, I am not Dave Powers or RPM. He wrote sales letters based on what he found. I get letters from people asking about things, and I have no idea what they are talking about, until I find out it is claims maide my others. Not that the claims are false, but again, they are not made by me.
Here is my claim. I use SnapCap Pro every day. I win money overall. Not everyday. Currently I am in a good winning streak. I can lose the next 3 days though. But overall, I will be well ahead.
I have refused to sell my products to some. They would write me and tell me what a terrible financial situation they are in, and they need to make some extra money. I would NEVER sell to anyone under those conditions. I have given away many copies for free to those I felt were sincere and deserving, under the agreement that they would NOT make a single wager, until they showed a profitable month. And you know what? Out of all the free programs I have given away, 80% have paid me for it! I would get bits and pieces along the way. So THEY were obviously doing well. Others buy stuff, copy it, and send it back. What do you think a reason would be for me getting a method back, that obviously had the staples removed, then re-stapled and sent back? I would think it works better in a copy machine without a staple! If it was so bad, why do they need to make a copy of it?
Anyway, I am glad many that know me have kind words. (oh yeah..Dave S...I will send you that $20 I promised you for writing the kind word! ) Those of you that want to bash, fine. If thats what makes your boat float, go for it. Most would never believe that I actually would want to help others succeed. If they saw the revenue and expenses from developing and selling software, they would know I was not in it for the money! Sure, I would love to sell 10,000 copies, but it wont happen. So instead, I figure I have a progarm that does what I want, and if others want to prosper from it, they have the opportunity, for a VERY SMALL FEE by the way (Snap Cap is only $249, and on sale for under $200 by RPM).
Best to ALL,
TomC

Butch
07-26-2001, 01:09 PM
A friend of mine with more money than sense bought all of the online systems from Powers' site---there were eight items for sale, all of which could be downloaded after purchasing. One of them was an excellent treatise on trainers and claiming, written by a person named "Steve Collision".

Two of the other seven were money management strategies, one of which was written by Mr. Console. The other five were simple systems, each of which could be condensed onto a half-page of legal paper. The five systems ran from $39 to $125 (!). Each one claimed a lengthy workout showing a high ROI. I'm not a database guy, but I know a couple of men who are. I copied these systems down and took them to one of the database guys I know. One (the most expensive one) could not be used because it relied in part on DRF consensus choices. The other four were fed into the database. They produced losses of 18% - 32% (ROI 0.68 to 0.82). One of these systems was Mr. Console's FG method, which sells for $40.

It certainly strains the credibility of whatever else the man has to offer when a black box system which comes in a very poorly photocopied format is sold for $40 and can't even beat the track take.

For all I know, Snapcapper is a wonderful tool that will win money for everybody who uses it, but I wouldn't bet that way if I had to bet on it.

If Mr. Console cares to disagree with the results the database run on his FG method produced (0.78 ROI), I'm sure that there are several guys here with larger databases who would be more than happy to put his method through their databases and see how it works, assuming, of course, that Mr. Console will give them permission to do so (which would include giving them copies of the method to use, since it would be violation of copyright for me or anybody else to give the FG method to them if they haven't purchased it).

Mr. Console?

JimG
07-26-2001, 07:51 PM
I believe the Collison work you are referring to is Inside the Claiming Game which is an excellent purchase. I highly recommend.

Jim

TomC
07-26-2001, 08:45 PM
Butch:
You keep your database going, and I will keep winning. I am sure he played FG in the database the way it should be...looking for prices and gaps.
Bet ya he couldnt even program it correctly anyway, but thats another story.
But I guess you guys can tell me how arrogant I am when I sign off with this...I WIN, and many customers that have FG and other of my items WIN. You just keep playing, and dream of being a winner when you grow up.
TomC

NoDayJob
07-26-2001, 09:34 PM
Butch:
You keep your database going, and I will keep winning. I am sure he played FG in the database the way it should be...looking for prices and gaps.
But I guess you guys can tell me how arrogant I am when I sign off with this...I WIN, and many customers that have FG and other of my items WIN. You just keep playing, and dream of being a winner when you grow up.
TomC

I don't think the operative word is WIN. I can win too. So can anybody. Now the operative words become POSITIVE RETURN ON A SUSTAINED BASIS. Cynically yours, NDJ

Butch
07-27-2001, 12:07 AM
Butch:
TomC

I'll take your bet and say that my friend programmed it correctly, since his job is managing databases. How much would you like to bet?

I suppose that means that you won't submit your FG method to testing, correct? Why? What do you have to fear if it works? Surely if it's as good as it's advertised to be, then it will stand up well to a database run of 100,000 races.

If you're worried about giving the method out for free, perhaps your friend Mr. Schwartz, who has a large database of 110,000+ races, will run the test for you. Certainly he would know how to program it in so that it work per the criteria you laid down in FG.

It won't happen, and we all know why it won't.

Oh, by the way, I'm new posting here, but I've been reading for a long time, and we usually act civilly towards one another on this board and don't make snide comments such as telling the other guy "You just keep playing, and dream of being a winner when you grow up. "

May I suggest the Yahoo board to you? You'd fit right in there.

Butch

TomC
07-27-2001, 12:52 AM
Butch.

Oooh, you told me off. Sorry I didnt write sooner. Was enjoying my lobster dinner off a small Percentage of my winnings. Probably dropped more money shoving into my pockets that you will win this millenium.
Sure, I need to go to the Yahoo board.
Boo hoo hoo.
Oh yeah..as far as FG. Go ahead and program it all you like. Run it on 500,000 races. Make sure you get the parts about looking for fair prices based on the setup of the race. I am sure you will have no problem adding human instinct into the database.
Damn, what the heck is this...oh just a few more 20's in my shoe. I thought I gave those all away to the wanna be's.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2001, 02:03 AM
You guys planning on pulling out the tape measurers soon??

TomC says he is a winner using his program. I don't have any reason NOT to believe him. I don't have any proof TO believe him. If anyone is interested in TomC's program, e-mail him and talk to him about it privately. If not, forget about it. No need to drag this out here. It's getting a bit boring, not to mention foolish.

But then again, that's only my opinion....

==PA

smf
07-27-2001, 02:57 AM
Tom C,

I wander over to this "software area" of PA's about once a week or so. This is quite surprising I must say. Most people (that are comfortable with their names, accomplishments, etc..) would simply post back "yes, that's my real name". Then an apology on my part w/b in order.

Therefore, I'm sorry I questioned your real name being 'Tom Console'. I'm also sorry your self-esteem is located on the floor.

Does a comment about your last name get you going this bad all the time? Hate to be around you when your "fig horse" gets nosed out at the wire. Mountains vs molehills, my man.

Congrats on the roi, buddy. Your response to Butch says a lot about you.

Butch
07-27-2001, 04:50 AM
Tom: thanks for the kind words. I never have claimed to be a winner at horse racing. It's a pastime for me, not a business. I'd be happy to find a way to come close to breaking even.

Back in 1986, I bought into a business franchise. At age 33, I put all of my savings into it and borrowed heavilly to make a go of it. At the time, these franchises were selling for $7,500 each. I put in long hours to make it work. I ended up buying two more of them before the franchise price went up. For ten years, I worked 70-80 hour weeks. Then, in 1997, I decided that there were more important things in life than money. So I hired managers to run the stores for me and now I live a relatively easier life. You may have heard of this franchise. It's known as Subway, and I own three stores.

The point isn't to brag about my accomplishments but to point out that there are more ways to make money than trying to work around the cheaters, fixers, and low-intelligence types that train, groom, and ride neurotic, stupid animals which run in packs over courses with turns that are akin to the animals' natural instincts.

I'm happy that you are making so much money betting the horses, even if such is only occuring in your imagination. You might take some of those winnings and invest in books or courses that enhance people skills, which your posts here seem to indicate that you are in need of improvement.

Cheers,

Butch

Butch.

Oooh, you told me off. Sorry I didnt write sooner. Was enjoying my lobster dinner off a small Percentage of my winnings. Probably dropped more money shoving into my pockets that you will win this millenium.
Sure, I need to go to the Yahoo board.
Boo hoo hoo.
Oh yeah..as far as FG. Go ahead and program it all you like. Run it on 500,000 races. Make sure you get the parts about looking for fair prices based on the setup of the race. I am sure you will have no problem adding human instinct into the database.
Damn, what the heck is this...oh just a few more 20's in my shoe. I thought I gave those all away to the wanna be's.

TomC
07-27-2001, 10:45 AM
This thread has just become too funny for me. I must be totally honest. I really dont care what strangers think of me. If they like me, fine. If they dont, fine too.
I said this in the past...I have made many people winners. Some, make much more than myself. I am sure I have sold methods to some that threw them in the trash. I cant please everyone.
When the "wise guys" wanna come on and bash me, I just love dishing it back. I had fun with it, where as some of you seem to need a paramedic on call.
Its horse racing. A dozen or so pea brained animals running in a circle. I do not have a black box. I have a way, that if I do the same thing over and over, long-term makes me money. Some people use the stock market. Some people own businesses. Butch...I am sure your Subways are very successful. But I am sure you would admit there have been people that bought a Subway franchise, and failed. They are now bashing Subway for the rest of their life. Would it be fair of them to say "You cant make money with that company!"? No, of course not. Now I am not comparing myself to a huge corporation, but I think you get my point.
Long ago, when I came out with software, it was supposed to be for my personal use, along with some close friends and family. Then, some (who will remain nameless) insisted that I let them market it. I did not want to, just because of what you read on here. I knew there would be people that bought it and would complain. In the long run, it was worth it when I get the nice letters. But when I read some posts on here, I figure, ahh, what the hell, I'll have some fun.
So guys, this is the moral. I hope you all make a ton of money in whatever you do. I may post sarcastic posts, but again, thats just little digs. I make a very comfortable living, but far from wealthy. If there is anyone I can help, I would be more than happy to do whatever I can. I honestly mean that. That is not to say I have all the answers. Far from it. If someone could sell me a better way to make more money, I would be first on line with a check. But no one has. So I will stick to what I do, and wish all of you the best at what you do.
Damn, and if I had not been such a wise-ass to Butch, maybe my next meatball combo would have been on the house!

smf
07-27-2001, 11:28 AM
Actually, Tom, most of us here are polite to each other out of respect to the moderator as much as anything else. As much as I enjoy bashing the hell outta maligned -ego lightweights and cons, I don't do it here anymore.

I have apologized to you for insinuating your name was fake. There are a boatload of things that I haven't apologized for to you and won't. Your 0.78 doesn't deserve any respect in my book either, hoss.

Ciao!

Lefty
07-27-2001, 12:25 PM
Tom C says his pgm wins, some doubt it. Hey, one way to find out. Buy it, test it. If it doesn't win send it back for
refund. If no refund forthcoming then you've got a gripe.
Restocking fee? Price of sating your curiosity.

Butch
07-27-2001, 01:08 PM
TomC: The number of Subways that failed, up through 1995, was less than 1%.

I see no point in continuing this discussion. I don't believe FG works, and I don't feel like proving it to myself again, only to be told that I didn't look for prices and gaps, or look for fair prices based on the setup of the race, or some other mumble jumble, then be told about how I have a paramedic on-call, told about a lobster dinner, twenty dollar bills falling out of shoes, told that I can dream about being a winner when I grow up, etc. etc.

Instead, I'll sign off of this topic with this, and I won't answer unless I get a positive reply: I'll put up $1,000 to Mr. Console's $500. We'll send his FG method to SportsTrends and run it through their database, exactly as is recommended in the method. I'll pay SportsTrends' fee. If FG can achieve a 0.95 ROI (5% loss) or better, he wins. If not, I win.

Meanwhile, with the owner's permission, I'm going to enjoy the rest of this well-run racing board and interact with the people who are civil and courteous when disagreement occurs.

Butch

TomC
07-27-2001, 04:48 PM
Butch:
To you and the wise guys, adios. I have better things to do. Show me a database that will pick horses EXACTLY like I tell my clients using FG. You can't do it. I think it would be a good idea for you to stick to what you do best....slice some more bologna and keep cutting the cheese. With your bight outlook, I am sure you will be in that 1% you spoke of.

No need to respond. You guys can bash me all you want now. This is my last post, and last visit to the board.
To PA....its a great service you provide. To bad you need to deal with the handful of thick heads that refuse to want to learn.

Easy on the mayo Butchy! Now you can post on how you "scared me off". Oooh..gotta run. Just hit another winner at AP.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2001, 05:40 PM
Well, since both of you appear finished, I suppose now would be a good time to close this thread....

==PA