PDA

View Full Version : The Times on Obama trip; good stuff........

JustRalph
07-25-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/img/global/tol-logo.gif

From The TimesJuly 25, 2008

He ventured forth to bring light to the world
The anointed one's pilgrimage to the Holy Land is a miracle in action - and a blessing to all his faithful followers
Gerard Baker

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

When he was twelve years old, they found him in the temple in the City of Chicago, arguing the finer points of community organisation with the Prophet Jeremiah and the Elders. And the Elders were astonished at what they heard and said among themselves: “Verily, who is this Child that he opens our hearts and minds to the audacity of hope?”

In the great Battles of Caucus and Primary he smote the conniving Hillary, wife of the deposed King Bill the Priapic and their barbarian hordes of Working Class Whites.

And so it was, in the fullness of time, before the harvest month of the appointed year, the Child ventured forth - for the first time - to bring the light unto all the world.

He travelled fleet of foot and light of camel, with a small retinue that consisted only of his loyal disciples from the tribe of the Media. He ventured first to the land of the Hindu Kush, where the

Taleban had harboured the viper of al-Qaeda in their bosom, raining terror on all the world.

And the Child spake and the tribes of Nato immediately loosed the Caveats that had previously bound them. And in the great battle that ensued the forces of the light were triumphant. For as long as the Child stood with his arms raised aloft, the enemy suffered great blows and the threat of terror was no more.

From there he went forth to Mesopotamia where he was received by the great ruler al-Maliki, and al-Maliki spake unto him and blessed his Sixteen Month Troop Withdrawal Plan even as the imperial warrior Petraeus tried to destroy it.

And lo, in Mesopotamia, a miracle occurred. Even though the Great Surge of Armour that the evil Bush had ordered had been a terrible mistake, a waste of vital military resources and doomed to end in disaster, the Child's very presence suddenly brought forth a great victory for the forces of the light.

And the Persians, who saw all this and were greatly fearful, longed to speak with the Child and saw that the Child was the bringer of peace. At the mention of his name they quickly laid aside their intrigues and beat their uranium swords into civil nuclear energy ploughshares.

From there the Child went up to the city of Jerusalem, and entered through the gate seated on an ass. The crowds of network anchors who had followed him from afar cheered “Hosanna” and waved great palm fronds and strewed them at his feet.

~more at the link~

boxcar
07-25-2008, 11:34 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That piece is precious!! This is exactly how the blind sheeple view this moron.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
07-25-2008, 11:54 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That piece is precious!! This is exactly how the blind sheeple view this moron.

Boxcar

No. That is exactly how Rupert Murdoch views Obama. (Murdoch owns the Times, FOX News TV, and a million other media outlets designed to sway public opinion around the world. Only a blind sheep is swayed by this Aussie.)

boxcar
07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
No. That is exactly how Rupert Murdoch views Obama. (Murdoch owns the Times, FOX News TV, and a million other media outlets designed to sway public opinion around the world. Only a blind sheep is swayed by this Aussie.)

You either haven't listened to NoBama or your are willfully blind. This guy is one of the most stupid to have ever come down the WH pike. I don't listen to Fox News. I listen carefully to what comes out of the horse's mouth which is being broadcasted all over the radio airwaves and the internet. And I'm convinced that the guy is a horse's ass. Very often he can't get out one coherent sentence let alone two consecutive ones! It's no wonder you Libs love him. Birds of a feather and all that good stuff...

Boxcar

JustRalph
07-25-2008, 01:51 PM
In some ways I will like watching him fall after he wins. If he wins, that is. The press can turn on a president so fast.........They are so in the tank for him, but I think that would only last until about the start of the 3rd year of his term.........then they will eat him for lunch.

Boats
07-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Very often he can't get out one coherent sentence let alone two consecutive ones!
Boxcar
Do you have some examples of this? Along side of W he is Mr. Lucid.

Shenanigans
07-25-2008, 06:10 PM
You either haven't listened to NoBama or your are willfully blind. This guy is one of the most stupid to have ever come down the WH pike. I don't listen to Fox News. I listen carefully to what comes out of the horse's mouth which is being broadcasted all over the radio airwaves and the internet. And I'm convinced that the guy is a horse's ass. Very often he can't get out one coherent sentence let alone two consecutive ones! It's no wonder you Libs love him. Birds of a feather and all that good stuff...

Boxcar

I thought I was the only one noticing this.;)

NJ Stinks
07-26-2008, 12:38 AM

Exactly.

boxcar
07-26-2008, 01:27 AM

You must be kidding! This lightweight is one huge, runaway gaffe machine. You and your buddy NJ must be listening and/or reading only the puff pieces put out by the mainstream media. Now you want me to do your homework for you? Do either one of you know how to Google? Or have you both forgotten how all of sudden because the truth is too embarrassing?

Boxcar

JustRalph
07-26-2008, 01:28 AM
July 22 press conference

Answering reporters question:

OBAMA: Uh, uh, are, uh, uh, uh, um. That's -- that's a bunch -- so -- so let me tick these off. Deh... Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, um, uh. So the issue is not a perception that, uh... Weh, weh, let me put it this way. Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, We're -- we're trying to -- you know, we've got a bipartisan group here and -- and -- and, uh, uh, uh, uh, um, uh, uh, uh.

another answer

OBAMA: -- uh, eh, eh, uhh, uhhhh, uh, and -- and, uh, because it -- it -- uh, and, uh, on the other hand, uh, I -- I -- I think that, uh, uhhh, uhhhh, uh, uh, uhhh -- and so I think what the United States can do i-is -- is -- is to, uh, uhhh, uhh, there -- there's been, uh, uh, ah! I am so, uh, uh, uhhh, uhh -- that -- that -- uh, aaaand, uh, uh, uh, uh, eh, that uh, so, uh, uh, and, a-a-and, uh, and that's what I think is so important. L-l-l-l-let me, um, um. I'll -- Uh, um, um, uh, um, would -- would...? Um, uh, um, um, uh. I -- I think that, uh, uh, uh, um, uh. With its -- And so, um --

same day Obama: "“Israel is a strong friend of Israel.”

Bristol Virginia July 17th
OBAMA: What they'll say is, "Well it costs too much money," but you know what? It would cost, about... It -- it -- it would cost about the same as what we would spend... It... Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us... (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We're going to... It... It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about -- hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up, though. I'm glad.....

same engagement:
OBAMA: What they'll say is, "Well it costs too much money," but you know what? It would cost, about... It -- it -- it would cost about the same as what we would spend... It... Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us... (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We're going to... It... It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about -- hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up, though. I'm glad.

Tom
07-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Rush has the entire - uncut- audio on his site., You have to be a Rush 24-7 member, but it hilarious. :lol:

Empty suit, Empty head, bought, paid for, and scripted by the super-rich.
He is shuckin' and jivin' all over the world, while Massa pulls the strings.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. I am the all-powerfull OZ!

bigmack
07-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Rush has the entire - uncut- audio on his site.,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hMyRGRD3rM
FastF to :29

boxcar
07-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Rush has the entire - uncut- audio on his site., You have to be a Rush 24-7 member, but it hilarious. :lol:

Empty suit, Empty head, bought, paid for, and scripted by the super-rich.
He is shuckin' and jivin' all over the world, while Massa pulls the strings.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. I am the all-powerfull OZ!

We all might actually get to witness just how dangerous Affirmative Action policy can be if this yo-yo gets elected.

Boxcar

Tom
07-26-2008, 02:18 PM
You da man, Mac!

I'll smuggle ya in some fries cooked in pure sat fat! :lol:

hcap
07-26-2008, 03:19 PM
You must be kidding! This lightweight is one huge, runaway gaffe machine. You and your buddy NJ must be listening and/or reading only the puff pieces put out by the mainstream media. Now you want me to do your homework for you? Do either one of you know how to Google? Or have you both forgotten how all of sudden because the truth is too embarrassing?

BoxcarDoes the term Bushism ring a bell?
Only the paranoid PA off topic neo con high 5-ivers think bush-or McCain is a better orator than Obama. 200,000 showed up in Germany. I suppose they were all members of the Obama Cult?

When bush last visited Europe his secret service and dutiful local police guarding him out numbered all except those brave natives protesting him. And poor Grandpa managed to gather only a few dozen at his lame version of a German state dinner at what was it??-Hans' Bratwurst House in Sheboygan :rolleyes:

Feel the excitement guys?

hcap
07-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Rush has the entire - uncut- audio on his site., You have to be a Rush 24-7 member, but it hilarious.
Let me guess the secret settings on your Ovaltine decoder ring?

Umnn....let's see....First number is minimum IQ required to join. Second the average number of independent facts members must be familiar with. May include name, house number, or any numeral between 1 and 10. :eek:

bigmack
07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I'll smuggle ya in some fries cooked in pure sat fat! :lol:
Yippie Kay Ye, T.

Schvartzie' ought to worry less about trans/saturated fat and more about the saturated numbers of fat transvestites in and around San Fransicko. :eek:

http://www.worst-jobs.com/images/ugly-man-transvestite-fat-bitch-men-women.jpg

lsbets
07-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Hcap, I think even BUsh knows there aren't 57 states. Seriously, Obama's gaffes have been more numerous and far dumber than any of Dan Quayle's, but the media and his legions so desperately want to believe in the all knowing, all loving messiah, Lord Obama, they conveniently overlook all the things they would jump all over when Reps did them.

The guy ain't no Eintstein! :lol: :lol:

hcap
07-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Hcap, I think even BUsh knows there aren't 57 states. Seriously, Obama's gaffes have been more numerous and far dumber than any of Dan Quayle's, but the media and his legions so desperately want to believe in the all knowing, all loving messiah, Lord Obama, they conveniently overlook all the things they would jump all over when Reps did them.

The guy ain't no Eintstein! :lol: :lol:
There were some dumb mistakes. Nothing extraordinary.
Bush is still the all time champ with Grandpa backing up his rear.
Pun intended.

You don't draw massive crowds by flubbing major speeches. You gentlemen can not sell this particular idiocy. Ask any political somewhat savvy American or for that matter non-American who is the better speaker/orator. The dumbness of claiming bush or Grandpa is superior does not compute. Except for here and the rest of the right wing echo chamber.

lsbets
07-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I didn't claim Bush was a better speaker, but I did point out Bush knows how many states there are. Of course I'm not surprised you would counter with an argument based on something not said, you tend to be a little distant from the facts on most everything. Okay, that wasn't fair, you tend to be really distant from the facts on most everything. You and I both know that if Bush said there were 57 states, you would use it as evidence of what an idiot Bush is. If McCain said his committee, that he wasn't even on, passed a bill, you would be all over him for dishonesty.

Tom
07-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Yippie Kay Ye, T.

Schvartzie' ought to worry less about trans/saturated fat and more about the saturated numbers of fat transvestites in and around San Fransicko. :eek:

Get ready, Mac...I heard mandatory push ups are next! :4:more, :3:more...

lsbets
07-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Bush is still the all time champ with Grandpa backing up his rear.
Pun intended.

Given your little tantrum about skate's post I find it a bit hypocritical on your part that you would use such "street vulgarity" to borrow some of your words. Or is everything acceptable unless it is directed at you, and then it requires you to seek protection from PA?

Tom
07-26-2008, 05:00 PM
The difference is, Bush is not a good public speaker - many people are not. He stumbles over things he knows, just cannot easily speak in front of crowds. People that talk with him one on one all comment on how intelliegent and sharp he is in that setting. With B HUSSEIN, he has no clue what he is saying - he just reads the monitor. When it is not there, he has no idea what he is talking about. You see this on TV news a lot of times. B HuUSSEIN is a lot like a trained parrot.

Barry want a cracker? Waaaak!

hcap
07-26-2008, 05:14 PM
I didn't claim Bush was a better speaker, but I did point out Bush knows how many states there are. Of course I'm not surprised you would counter with an argument based on something not said, you tend to be a little distant from the facts on most everything. Okay, that wasn't fair, you tend to be really distant from the facts on most everything. You and I both know that if Bush said there were 57 states, you would use it as evidence of what an idiot Bush is. If McCain said his committee, that he wasn't even on, passed a bill, you would be all over him for dishonesty.
Please let's not confuse a slip of the tongue type gaffe with someone whose so-called foreign policy expertise is repeatedly contradicted and called into question by his many many foreign policy gaffes.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11939_Page2.html

....McCain appeared to confuse Iraq and Afghanistan in a “Good Morning America” interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, who asked whether the "the situation in Afghanistan is precarious and urgent.”

McCain responded: “I'm afraid it's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq/Pakistan border." The ABC posting added: “Iraq and Pakistan do not share a border. Afghanistan and Pakistan do.”

Unfortunately for McCain, that wasn’t an isolated slip. Among the other lapses:

• “Somalia” for “Sudan”: As recounted in a reporter’s pool report from McCain’s Straight Talk Express bus on June 30, the senator said while discussing Darfur, a region of Sudan: "How can we bring pressure on the government of Somalia?"

Senior adviser Mark Salter corrected him: “Sudan.”

• “Germany” for “Russia”: A YouTube clip from last year memorializes McCain referring to Vladimir Putin of Russia — following a trip to Germany — as “President Putin of Germany.”

• This spring, McCain said troops in Iraq were “down to pre-surge levels” when in fact there were 20,000 more troops than when the surge policy began.

• Also this spring, McCain twice appeared to mistake Sunnis and Shiites, two branches of Islam that split violently.

• In Phoenix earlier this month, McCain referred to Czechoslovakia, which has been divided since Jan. 1, 1993, into the Czech Republic and Slovakia. He also referred to Czechoslovakia during a debate in November and a radio show in April.

.................................................. .................................

Then of course there is the time line of the "surge" and "Anwar awakening".
That he got wrong.

"While CBS released the transcript and video of the actual interview, the big story is that CBS edited the interview, leaving McCain’s huge error about the “Anwar awakening” on the cutting room floor. The public did not get to hear McCain praising the surge for causing the Anwar awakening, which actually occurred the previous year — before the surge. CBS edited it out."

hcap
07-26-2008, 05:25 PM
More....

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/16270.html#more-16270

Tom
07-26-2008, 05:38 PM
My my my, deja vous kindergarden!

Johnny, did you talk in class?

Suzie did, and Billy did, and Kenny did.......

hcap....when is nap time? :2::lol:

hcap
07-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Whenever you are outpointed you babble.
Post one fact external to the confines of your skull that uses some reputable source. Rush, O'Really-Reilly or Hannity are dubious.
Give me a list of Obama gaffes that are as egregious as Grandpas'

Or show some set of facts that indicate Obama sucks as an orator and George W Churchill or Grandpa are Shakespearian voiced elocutionists. :bang:

Tom
07-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Listen to Big Mack's post from YOuTube...is that not the voice of an idiot?

Out pointed????:rolleyes:

You take this too seriously, hcap...I view you as mere entertainment.
Internet paddle ball.

hcap
07-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Given your little tantrum about skate's post I find it a bit hypocritical on your part that you would use such "street vulgarity" to borrow some of your words. Or is everything acceptable unless it is directed at you, and then it requires you to seek protection from PA?Now your reaching. There was no insinuation of any sexual content meant. I guess it' all in the eye of the beholder. Besides public figures-mostly Dems get hit by the right here much more venomously.**

**Note: See any of Toms' posts

lsbets
07-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Now your reaching. There was no insinuation of any sexual content meant. I guess it' all in the eye of the beholder. Besides public figures-mostly Dems get hit by the right here much more venomously.**

**Note: See any of Toms' posts

Sorry Hcap - your post was not very different than skate's mouthful post, only skate's was funnier. You're a crybaby and need others to protect you. PA to the rescue, right? You've proven to be a pathetically weak minded person, happily sniping away until some responds to you in kind and then you whine about the TOS and beg PA to save you. Without PA to the rescue, you're a quivering mound of nothing, crying for help. A couple of days ago I mentioned your posts were often very similar to skate's and you indignantly claimed they were not. Well, your actual posts show otherwise. Its time for you to grow up.

hcap
07-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Even if my pun was as sexually charged as you perceived, it was not directed at any member of this board. Unlike skates' and your personal insults to me accusing me of taking perverse pleasure in telling you the number of innocent Iraqis including women and children killed in the war.

How many times have you gentlemen called Obama a POS, or Hilary a bitch or Harry Reid a traitor, the list goes on and on. So clutch your pearls and faint away in hysteria. Claude Rains in Casablanca was shocked in a similar manner "to discover gambling going on" right beneath his nose. Except his performance was professional, and he was much better actor than you.

You begin to loose the argument, realize you are loosing, and then resort to major assholean ( Gee, I did it again! ) personal insults.

Later oh great Sigmund.

JustRalph
07-27-2008, 11:04 PM
And now back to the topic at hand

the audio/video version of the times article via Hannity and Colmes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drwfnGlF_E

riskman
07-28-2008, 12:07 AM
And GWB had his "poodle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDfvi1Kd2ro&feature=related

rastajenk
07-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Are we talking verbal gaffes here, or intellectual detachment from whatever subject is at hand? Big difference. Here's a Powerline post (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/07/021101.php) about the irony of using the Berlin Airlift as a basis for rhetoric for The Chosen One, when his current foreign policy positions are so much in line with those of the most vocal opponents of the Berlin Airlift then. Of Henry Wallace, it was written:

"Wallese ("a debased political dialect") is always employed to Unite rather than to Divide ... and to Further Positive, Constructive Aims rather than Merely to Engage in Irresponsible and Destructive Criticism."

"Wallese employed terms as loosely as possible, so as to avoid antagonzing anyone. A phrase like "the general welfare" was prized because it meant all things to all men. "It is understandable that Henry Wallace would not want to endanger such a concept by defining it."

And, "Wallace 'took the whole world for his benevolent province, losing whatever contact with reality he had up to then and becoming more and more an oratorical gasbag, a great wind of rhetoric blowing along the trade routes of Stalinoid liberalism.'"

New politics? Sounds like old politics to me.

Boris
07-28-2008, 07:35 PM
200,000 showed up in Germany. I suppose they were all members of the Obama Cult?

Most likely they had never seen a black man. It WAS Germany afterall.

wonatthewire1
07-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Most likely they had never seen a black man. It WAS Germany afterall.

You might want to get out a bit more...