PDA

View Full Version : Recession figures...

sammy the sage
07-24-2008, 08:24 PM
in a nutshell, the inflation figures are bogus. Gov't says they are at 2% - when in actually, if you calculated them the way they were for the last 50 years before they were changed in the 90's, it has been proven the true rate is currently 7%-10%

when they calculate the GDP, they use what is called an "inflation deflater" - I.E. they back out the inflation rate from the number.

Gov't is backing out only 2% from the initial GDP number, when they should be backing out a minimum of 7%......thus the GDP has indeed been negative for 5 consecutive quarters and we are in a recession...

oh...and bailing out fred/fran...has just made the dollar that much closer to "Zimba"/monopoly value...at least to the rest of the world.

Tom
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
You need a hobby.

skate
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
GDP growth is adjusted for price change.

Nominal GDP growth is unadjusted for price change.

sammy the sage
07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
^^^^^^^

that would be BETTING animals...and the crooked PEOPLE invovled...

at least in the bigger money races....they're ALL giving 150%...so I don't mind betting those...

By the way....was right about BB/Curling not winning...once OFF steriods...still lost...sad for me... :bang: :eek:

As far as my business goes...it's really down...but I'll be fine...it's the employee's I worry about....

TOM,...Guess you can tell from previous post's...(and the BASH'S you've made)...I HATE CORRUPTION...and false advertising...

You know...like a a 2 x 4...board...which has been permitted to be sold as a 1.5 x's 3...and it's NO BIG DEAL..but it F'G...A...is....

AND what's REALLY sad...is like the owner of this site & you like...WHO blindly follow ALONG party lines...STERIOTYPING...and not LOOKING at what's REALLY going on...

For people who follow #'s...ie...PACE...vs...all the speed figure's out there...and try to figure out OVER-lay's....vs...UNDER-lay's...

and then go to figure's PRESENTED in other FACET'S of the world/life...AND FOLLOW blindly w/out questioning...just BAFFLES me completely...

OH WELL...just keep bashing me PERSONALLY...and ignoring what's going on around...at least...well never mind.... :(

Tom
07-24-2008, 10:27 PM
You are obsessed. And ranting. Get over it.
Why is it so important to you to be in a recession?

pktruckdriver
07-24-2008, 11:06 PM
I am living thru this recession, yes to me we are in a Recession, but so what.

Until Diesel goes back under 2.50 a gallon, my private Recession will continue, as rates have not really gone up to the actual truck drivers, even though prices in the stores , state the reason for the higher prices are the higher freight rates, which is Bullshitt, as we are falling by the wayside, slowly , but surely.

Too bad I took too long to become a better,(possible Proffesional) horse player
and now must suffer the consequences.

Recovery for me would be lower fuel prices and better freight rates

RaceBookJoe
07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
You are obsessed. And ranting. Get over it.
Why is it so important to you to be in a recession?

Tom, this is not an implication of Sammy the Sage , but the reason is because people always need something to point their finger at and take the blame off of themselves for their failure or lack of success. Recession/slowdown....hurricane/tropical storm....get a damn umbrella or take cover and batten down the hatches. In other words, stop bitching about things and find a way to get through it. rbj

RaceBookJoe
07-24-2008, 11:31 PM
One thing I want to add to my last post is that, yes times are very tough for a lot of people and I dont mean to come across as not caring. But in the end, we have to deal with the cards we are dealt. I hope these times dont last long, because some are really hurting. rbj

skate
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I am living thru this recession, yes to me we are in a Recession, but so what.

Until Diesel goes back under 2.50 a gallon, my private Recession will continue, as rates have not really gone up to the actual truck drivers, even though prices in the stores , state the reason for the higher prices are the higher freight rates, which is Bullshitt, as we are falling by the wayside, slowly , but surely.

Too bad I took too long to become a better,(possible Proffesional) horse player
and now must suffer the consequences.

Recovery for me would be lower fuel prices and better freight rates

PSSSSST!

Rates for "the Truck Driver" have NOT gone up for at least 25 Years.
Now you have a Surcharge, which is 40% of the cost of THE FUEL.
If you do not receive (it Is the Law) the surcharge, I'll bring up the question to PA, we'll see what we can do for you.:)

The Feds have your rates (truck drivers average) at $15.75/per hour, No overtime, No holidays.
Everyone's, that is, all other wages,,, have gone up, except...

skate
07-27-2008, 08:56 PM
People that deal with Motor bikes, non motor bikes rental properties and spam , along with 94 other items are doing great.

So is your local church...check it out.:kiss: