PDA

View Full Version : Joke

cj
03-05-2003, 04:37 PM
The Iraqi Ambassador to the UN has just finished giving a speech, and walks
out into the lobby where he meets President Bush.

They shake hands and, after a brief chat about world affairs, the Iraqi
says, "I have a question that I think perhaps you can answer."

President Bush says, "Well, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
I'll do my best."

The Iraqi ambassador continues, "My son watches this show 'StarTrek' and in
it there are Russians, Blacks, and Asians, but never any Arabs He is very
upset. He doesn't understand why there are never any Arabs in Star Trek."

President Bush laughs, leans toward the Iraqi, and whispers, "It's because
it takes place in the future...."

hdcper
03-05-2003, 06:52 PM
I can't stop laughing!!!!!

Bill

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2003, 07:21 PM
CJ,

Oh, you're in trouble now!

The PC patrol will be here real soon. <G>

Dave

Amazin
03-05-2003, 09:57 PM
CJ

I am not going to rip you or call you a racist.But first that joke would not be funny to anyone of middle eastern decent.
I know you were joking,but answer me this simple question and maybe you can follow my train of thought better than Lefty: Would you dare to have substituted the word Black or Jew in that joke for the word Arab?Or maybe a different scenario joke with Blacks or Jews as the butt of the joke.A simple yes or no would suffice.

cj
03-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Amazin:

Check out my heratige! Do you think I've heard many Polish jokes? It doesn't bother me in the least! Nor do Catholic jokes, white jokes, Baltimore jokes, or any other joke that relates to me. IT'S A JOKE, no more, no less.

CJ

Amazin
03-05-2003, 10:46 PM
You didn't answer the question

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Amazin,

I'm not going to get involved in this stuff (at least not very deeply).

See, here is what I am feeling... There is an ethnic group that has made a public announcement to the world that they hate us and want to see us dead. There is a segment of that ethnic group that is following through on that statement with great enthusiasm.

Now, I am not suggesting that it should be open season on everyone who is a member of that ethnic group. In fact, I will clearly admit that some of my favorite people in the world are of said ethnic group.

What I am saying is this: A great number of OUR ethinic group does not really care if THAT ethnic group is offended. After all they don't seem to care how we feel.

By the way, one of the things that (I think) bothers "us" is that people such as yourself spend a lot of time attacking "us" for what we say, yet very little time attacking what "they" say (or do).

Furthermore, I suggest that many of our ethnic group hurl insults because we are not hurling other, more dangerous objects at them.

And, let me make it perfectly clear... I have no problem with anyone's ethnicity. I only have a problem with those (of any ethnicity) who are filled with hate.

I hope this makes sense to you because it is not a debate issue. You may find this position offensive; if so, try to get over it. It is simply factual statement of how I think many Americans feel.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Doug
03-05-2003, 11:19 PM
AMAZIN,

This is the same type of crap you started in another thread.

Why don't you just let it go. You've already stated what you opinion is about these things. They've been thrown around plenty.

Now I don't know how dense you are, but they are those that just plain ole don't agree with your opinions. After following these posts I don't see how you have changed toher folk's opinion.

I don't know if any of the others feel this way,but in my opinion it would take somebody"WAY" better than you, with "WAY" better information than you present to change any opinions.

Me personaly? I think your stuff is getting real stale. Is it a problem with you if others have a little fun. Its Just Fun Stuff.

If you have never experienced fun, try it sometime.

If I can figure it out I will now put you on my ignore list. Not because of your opinions, but because you are really starting to just become a whinner.

Doug

cj
03-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Amazin
You didn't answer the question

Most jokes reflect the current times. To substitute black or jews in the joke would not make any sense in this particular joke. As for another joke, I'd have to hear it first to answer your question.

If there was a way I knew of to re-phrase the joke to exclude Arab-Americans, I would have. I just don't know how!

As Dave was getting at, I don't care if I offend Arabs who are not American. People seem to say the Arab countries ran by dictators are helpless. I say all groups of people are at least partly responsible for their leadership and the actions of their government.

CJ

cj
03-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Doug,

Profile, then Edit Ignore List, then enter the name, then Update List.

CJ

Amazin
03-06-2003, 12:25 PM
CJ

Can't answer the question straight?I said make your own joke with Jews or Blacks as the butt.I asked would you dare.Now you're trying to tell me as an inner city kid from Baltimore you can't come up with one.Give me a break.I think I've made my point.Either answer yes or no to that question and you lose and you know it.

Doug

Take CJ's advice about the ignore button...please

Dave

As Einstein said.For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction.Someone posts a tasteless joke like that and someone is going to respond.No freebies in this world.You're too simplistic in your analysis of "hate".It's just Bush propaganda that makes you think that way.If They hated us so much,how come you have friends from there.It's a b.s. geberalization

Lefty
03-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Amazin, you said I didn't follow your train of thght. Gee, I made a direct analagy to your question and YOU didn't follow. I think your train of thght has been seriously derailed.
And once again, you didn't anser my question in another thread. I'll pose it again: You have been upset by jokes about the French and now arabs. Why didn't you get upset by any of the jokes and the names Pres. Bush has been called? Why aren't you upset over the supposed Anti-War demonstrations that only Target Pres Bush and not the viscious killer Sadaam? Hmmmm?

Tom
03-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Amazin
CJ

Dave

...It's just Bush propaganda that makes you think that way.If They hated us so much,how come you have friends from there.It's a b.s. geberalization

Where were you on 9-11-01??? Those were greetings they sent us?
What about the USS Cole, the marines in Somolia?
You are blind, pal. Bush progaganda-not. Islamic revisionist crap on toast? Exactly. Dave and Cj are far too kind. Islam declared jihad on us and I take that very seriously. ALL arabs are suspect. period. Even those that are citizens. Ever hear about sleeprers?
It is too bad that the majority of arabs who are decent human beings have to suffer, but maybe if they, unlike you, were more offended by the violence and less concerned with being offended by jokes or name calling, they would step up and do something about it. Look at page one of the NY Post today - that offend me. And anyone being offended by a joke is so far down my list of priorities it isn't funny. Stop this sensless coward-killing and maybe people will show respect. I have far too much contempt to give a shot what anyone thinks.

Lefty
03-06-2003, 01:42 PM
What Bush propaganda? 9-11 never happened? N. Korea's not a threat? Sadaam's not a threat?

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Tom,

You raise some very interesting, and valid points.....

==PA

Doug
03-06-2003, 03:18 PM
AMAZIN WROTE,

Doug

Take CJ's advice about the ignore button...please

You know, being YOU asked I don't think I will.

Dave

As Einstein said.For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction.Someone posts a tasteless joke like that and someone is going to respond.No freebies in this world.You're too simplistic in your analysis of "hate".It's just Bush propaganda that makes you think that way.If They hated us so much,how come you have friends from there.It's a b.s. geberalization.

Do you actually think that the folks on this board can actually be led around by the nose by what you call Bush propaganda. Don't you think most on this board have formed their opinions from lifes experience? You think anybody that has a different opinion than yours is wrong, gullible, or ignorant. All I basically see from you is anti-Bush propaganda. In your case though, I wouldn't call it propaganda, I would call it BULLS**T. So as much as you hate what Bush does (according to you), all you do is the same thing. I guess that makes you an idiot, moron, etc.

Doug

Tom
03-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Tom,

You raise some very interesting, and valid points.....

==PA

And that is what is really sad .... that you have to look at people nowadays and wonder. Why is it the 5-10% wackos of the world get to dictate to the rest of us how we have to think and live?
It is to everyone's benefit to find and stop the terroists, no matter which side of the ocean we live on. Where do we draw the line at finger pointing and assigning blame and start looking to how we all live together from now on?

kenwoodall
03-06-2003, 04:43 PM
I like all jokes and jokes about all races equally. CJ qouted the Jewish Einstein correctly. Who said this: Without Jews, there would be no Jewelry?

Amazin
03-06-2003, 04:58 PM
Hey,lunchtime, time to kick it my conservative homies.I see they've got their engines all reved up,but regarding Bush propaganda,better put on your brakes cause you have a defector from inside the Bush administration.

A couple of weeks ago John Brady,a 20 year veteran of the U.S.foreign Service and political counselor in U.S. embassies throughout the mideast resigned.In his letter of resignation to Colin Powell,he wrote:

"We have not seen such systematic distortion of intelligence,such systematic manipulation of the American people since the war in Vietnam".
He adds"until this administration it had been possible to believe that by upholding the policies of my president,I was also upholding the interests of the American people and the world,I believe it no longer"

On this topic,I don't think many are more qualified to know what is going on in the middle east.

Regarding Tom's Arab violence or hatred,it is backlash from the way we have conducted foreign policy.Everyday I read 5 palestinians killed here,ten homes bulldozed there.Palestinian Kids shot point blank for throwing stones.Then after many of these incidents,a suicide bombing.Then the white house condemns this act.Where is the condemnation when Israel is performing ethnic cleansing in the occupied territories? Regardless of your low opinion of arabs,treat them like dirt and reap the consequences.

Tom
03-06-2003, 08:36 PM
You are a sick person. Seek help.