PDA

View Full Version : You can't make this stuff up !

railjunkie
07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
From DRF:
(Also, Hayward said a horse trained by Gary Contessa got loose during training hours at the main track Wednesday morning, but somehow made it across Union Avenue and back to his barn. The only problem was no security officials saw the horse cross the road.

"They found the horse back at the barn and had no idea how he got there," Hayward said.

That horse, according to Contessa, was Starforaday, winner of the Grade 3 Maryland Sprint Handicap, who dumped his rider while jogging on the main track. Contessa said he was back at the barn when he got a call from his assistant, Marcelo Arenas, telling him the horse was loose. Contessa came out of his office to see the horse at the barn.

"He made it across Union Avenue unscathed," Contessa said. "I asked the security guards about it and they said they didn't see it.")

Let me get this straight. A few years ago they ban the general public from watching workouts at the Oklahoma training track because NYRA is worried that someone might slip a "Mickey" to a horse.
Never mind that trainers, who have served time for medication violations, are honing their skills inside that confine.
Now we learn that the security outfit can't even figure out where these animals are. What a confidence builder. Lovely!
Tim

garyscpa
07-24-2008, 09:00 AM
From DRF:
(Also, Hayward said a horse trained by Gary Contessa got loose during training hours at the main track Wednesday morning, but somehow made it across Union Avenue and back to his barn...

Breezing or handily? :D

Tom
07-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Did any of the workout services catch this? :lol::5:

KingChas
07-24-2008, 10:42 AM
"He made it across Union Avenue unscathed," Contessa said. "I asked the security guards about it and they said they didn't see it.")

But they are worried about my cooler? :faint:

Marshall Bennett
07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Why did the horse cross the road ? :bang:

Figman
07-24-2008, 11:23 AM
To get to the other side!

BombsAway Bob
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Why did the horse cross the road ? :bang:
Because the crosswalk sign said, "WALK"...

HUSKER55
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
If that is the tracks idea of security then may I suggest that we now have a "clue" to problems at the track.

Think about it. Under the above terms you could walk in and dope a horse, or steal a horse or anything else and no one would know the difference. Who is to say they didn't "doctor the computers". What the hey.

If no ones cares then why not.

If there is no security for enforcement then why bother hassling the trainers and so forth? Might as well ditch the security, stop the testing and lower the takeout accordingly.

The trainer is damn lucky somone didn't steal the horse once it left the confines of the park. That speaks volumes for the integrity of people in America

JMHO

husker55
:)

john del riccio
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM
:lol: Did any of the workout services catch this? :lol::5:

Now that made me fall out of my chair ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

toetoe
07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
This one runs on ANYTHING. :eek:

cj's dad
07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
saw the prices at Siro's and came home !

Storm Cadet
07-24-2008, 03:12 PM
The horse heard he was gonna be NYRA Gate schooled and tried to play hookey. :)

JustRalph
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
sounds like the Horse should be made Director of Security......... if he is that slick!

joanied
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM
sounds like the Horse should be made Director of Security......... if he is that slick!

JustRalph... Just wanted to compliment your new avatar...very cool :cool:

About the security...just consider who these guys are...Pinkerton's:D ...and if even half of them are from the same mold as the Pink's when I was rubbing horses...it's no wonder they didn't know anything about Contessa's horse crossing Union Av....they were all probably in the track kitchen!!
(no offence, JR...I know you're an:ThmbUp: ex cop...way different than these race track goofers)

By the way, just a thought...did any of the outriders go after that horse? Surely they saw the rider get dumped? Just curious.

My compliments to you guys... came up with some great :lol: one-liners...bunch of comedians here... great stuff!!!

JustRalph
07-24-2008, 09:01 PM
JustRalph... Just wanted to compliment your new avatar...very cool :cool:

We lost a B-52 crew in Guam this last week. My avatar's are usually related to some current news. When I was in the Air Force I spent some time with some B-52 crew members on a regular basis as part of my job. It's one of the reasons I later pursued a pilot's certificate.

We had a thread around here a while back about peace time training deaths in the military. These guys were on their way to flyover a parade.........sucks!

joanied
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
We lost a B-52 crew in Guam this last week. My avatar's are usually related to some current news. When I was in the Air Force I spent some time with some B-52 crew members on a regular basis as part of my job. It's one of the reasons I later pursued a pilot's certificate.

We had a thread around here a while back about peace time training deaths in the military. These guys were on their way to flyover a parade.........sucks!

Yes, we heard about that B-52 going down with 6 crew on board....made us sick. I didn't know you'd been in the AF...way to go, JustRalph... be proud!! Those B-52 guys are a great bunch...as are all fliers, especially in war time. My husband and me are Patriots and support the military in all they do... my first husband was in Nam (66-67)...and although he didn't care to talk much about it, I recall him talking about the chopper guys and how 'crazy' they were, and that they saved more lives over there than anyone or anything.
Love those flyboys!!
Love the avatar.