PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga analysis July 23rd, 2008

funkydj
07-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Day 1: July 23rd, 2008

Hot Fun In The Summertime as Sly said. Fun at the Spa and we are here to help you along with handicapping info. Rain is expected and grass races are in jeopardy for the first day of the meet.

RACE 1- Grass only plays. # 4 ROMP AND # 8 STAR PLAYER. Both horses can close with a flurry. Prado and Coa are the riders and you can rest assured they will be right in the mix.

PLAY: Win bets on the # 4 and 8 with odds of 6/1 and better. Exacta box 4, 8 with # 6

RACE 3- # 3 ICETATE. Steve Asmussen brings this colt in from Churchill. 4 yo started late and only has 3 races on his resume. And each race seems to have some traffic or running trouble. But Bridgmohan has won in the slop with him and we are condident that he can be right there or just off the pace.

PLAY: Win bet on # 3 Icetate with an exacta box of # 3 and 1.

RACE 5- NY State bred 2 yo MSW. Let's get a price on some debuters.

# 6 STORM HOPE. Barclay Tagg doesn't play and will have this colt ready to run. One of our favorite young jocks Alan Garcia takes the mount. 5/1 or higher is what we will settle for.

# 7 SCOOTY THE PRO. Scott Schwartz is very underrated in these state-bred races and will be even further under the radar with this bigger stage. Castellano rides and that is a huge plus. Don't be fooled. Play this baby at 5/1 or higher.

PLAY: Win bets on # 6 and 7. Exacta box 6, 7 with the 1.

RACE 8 (Grass Only). Linda Rice has 3 horses entered and all of them have a shot. Rather than make heads or tails of who is the best one, we look to the outside where # 10 POSTED piques our interest with Prado/Bush leading the way. Tactical speed and we like the outside post here. Get 5/1 odds or better.

DA PLAY: Win bet on # 10. Exacta box # 10 with the 3 Rice horses.

RACE 9- Is there a future Kentucky Oaks winner amongst this bunch. We will see. Like several in this race and will demand great odds for our win bets.

# 2 MANI BHAVAN- 5/1 or better
# 6 OUCHY NIGHT- 10/1 or better
# 7 MINE ALL MINE 10/1 or better
# 8 BOOM TOWN SALLY 10/1 or better
# 10 GIRLFRIENDONTHESIDE 10/1 or better
# 11 JARDIN 10/1 . 10/1 or better. The "other" Asmussen horse. Early speed and in honor of my Quebecois wife whose birthday is today, I have to play Jardin.

Very contentious race.

RACE 10- The nightcap and hopefully you are enjoying a fruitful afternoon. Chop Chop rides # 5 RED HOT DAWN. Arroyo wins at a 35 % clip at claim repeaters. Safe to say he has a handle on that move. Early speed gives this one a great shot for win and exacta.

PLAY: Win bet on # 5 and exacta box # 5 with 1, 8.

Here's to a great meeting at Saratoga.

Peace,
Joe Kelley
www.winatthehorses.com (http://www.winatthehorses.com/)