PDA

View Full Version : DISH Network-Big discount offer

andicap
03-05-2003, 12:43 PM
As a new Dish Net customer the company recently sent me two gift cards that I can hand out to anyone. It looks like a good deal.

you get
1) two free receivers
2) free installation
3) $50 off your first bill

What do I get?

a $60 credit.

Anyone interested, please email me. Since I have to mail you the cards themselves, please do not tell me you will sign up and then change your
mind, or just mess with me. That would be unkind.

MikeDee
03-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Andi

Does dish carry HRTV yet? and how many TVs can you hook up with 2 receivers?

andicap
03-06-2003, 03:15 PM
DISH only gets TVG but I believe you can sign up to get a bunch of Fox Sports Networks (just not the pro games which are protected territorially) that carry a lot of racing shows.

Check dishnetwork.com for more info.

Two receivers will hook you up to 2 TVs, so we have DISH set up in the living room and the bedroom.
More receivers are extra, but I'm not sure how much.

race_n_ponys
03-07-2003, 02:50 AM
well, if you can come up with a ku band satellite dish(preferably an old primestar dish) it is possible to get hrtv and seven other racing channels........you really cant beat it........especially if you are a die hard horse player. i still watch mostly tvg and always keep one tv on with tvg,.....but it is nice to be able to turn on the other satellite and get just about every track running..........also on that dishnetwork question........it is possible to get what they call a quad lnb and that will allow you to run 4 receivers........but the quad lnb's are pretty expensive(70-100 bucks on ebay)

MikeDee
03-07-2003, 05:19 AM
I have 4 TVs in the house, so it sounds like a lot of eqipment a (quad and 4 recievers). and no HRTV yet. I think the best bet for me right now is to wait and see if my local cable company ever picks up TVG and HRTV

Then nice thing about cable is that you only need a box on the TV where you want the special services, you can just plug all the others into the cable direct and they work

JustRalph
03-07-2003, 05:20 AM
I had a quad LNB at my old house. Worked like a charm, but required a special switch that was 65 bucks extra. All together the LNB and switch ran 200 bucks installed. Since I moved to California I don't need the extra switch but do have the quad LNB and it was installed with the dish at no extra charge. If you get it with your original install I believe they don't charge extra for it. I run 4 receivers ( 4.50 each for the extra receivers a month) with a couple of the receivers being digital recorders (dish network version of Tivo) and it's a real nice setup. I was replaying the spill Pincay took last saturday, it was pretty rough! :D

race_n_ponys
03-07-2003, 05:26 PM
yeah, i got one of those 501 pvr awhile back and have played around with it a little bit........its pretty cool for the horse races......because you can do just like you said......go back and check out rides over again as many times as you want......you can save it in the hard drive for as long as you want..........i was bummed that it wont work on that primestar setup though......i can only use the older dishnetwork receiver on that one......woulda been nice to be able to hook it up to the other horse channels,where i have some freinds that have horses at the smaller tracks......i woulda been able to digitally record their races.