PDA

View Full Version : Cops carrying luggage? For the NAACP

JustRalph
07-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Wow! If I was a taxpayer in Cincy........... this would blow me away.

Do you think your hometown police would carry luggage?

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080722/NEWS01/307220099

NAACP applauded cops' help

By Jane Prendergast
jprendergast@enquirer.com

Cincinnati police got a standing ovation at the end of last week’s NAACP convention for a reason: officers were told to do everything reasonably possible to ensure the guests a good time.

That included carrying luggage, carrying handicapped people up steps and into the Barack Obama speech at the Duke Energy Convention Center so they could avoid waiting in the heat and driving hungry people in police vehicles to get fast food in Northern Kentucky after Cincinnati’s restaurants closed.

Dozens of officers worked the convention on duty and on overtime.

“We told them this is the easiest duty you’re going to have,” said Lt. Col. James Whalen, the assistant chief who supervises the patrol bureau. “Just smile, be nice to people.

“Anything that was even remotely reasonable that we could handle for a guest, we did it.”

Officers were given those instructions at roll call before every shift.

At one, Whalen said, a supervisor asked any officers to confess if they were in a bad mood so he could assign them elsewhere.

That approach helped prompt hundreds of NAACP members to jump to their feet Friday morning during Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory’s breakfast address. He thanked everyone from downtown ambassadors to city employees and NAACP leadership.

But when he got to the police, he said, the “crowd just went crazy. It was beautiful.”
The response brought a tear to his eye. He needed a moment to compose himself before continuing.

~more at the link

Tom
07-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Typical libs - can't do anything without someone else doing thw work for them! :9:

boxcar
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Typical libs - can't do anything without someone else doing thw work for them! :9:

:lol: :lol:

Your remarks remind me of a T-shirt my wife designed. It says something along these lines: I'm a Republican because not everyone can be on Welfare. :D

Boxcar