PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy any books by Jim Bayle - Let me know what titles you have

Bill Cullen
07-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Looking to buy any books by Jim Bayle - Let me know what titles you have.

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

njcurveball
07-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I have a few, but honestly must tell you that working with data from the old "Sport stat" days is not making good use of your time.

The game is dynamic and systems and angles that worked 10 years ago have dried up with the current racing.

Their "super stat" was simply a post position play in routes. Things like that can generate profits on the basis of a string of longshots that has little chance to be repeated in the future.

Just for fun, I did a query on Del Mar last year for ALL horses. I found that Thursdays showed over a 12% profit betting ALL horses.

My suggestion would be to work "smarter" than the crowd and test all angles on the basis of track and season, as well as, the usual class, distance, surface, etc.

A terrible analogy that fits is that you can Filet Mignon or Hamburger from the same place, it just depends on how you cut it.

Jim

stats725
09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
bill i have some of his books, please call me 702 877 2468, from 7am t0 10 pm las vegas time. steve