PDA

View Full Version : A good ADW internet site for a newbie?

Versajoe
07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm looking to dip my toe into the horse racing world. I don't live near an OTB site (or track for that matter), so I'm looking for a reliable internet site to set up an account with.

I'm looking for something that is friendly to the newbie who isn't betting a huge bankroll. I'd like to start with $2 bets, and see how things go from there.

I'd prefer a site that:
1) Has good withdrawal policies. I'd like to be able to make at least one withdrawal per month for free, regardless of the amount. (i.e.: No charging for withdrawals less than $50, etc.)
2) Has replays and hopefully live coverage.
3) Has plenty of harness tracks.
4) Does not charge a monthly fee, even for a low bettor.
5) Is a valid United States operation that gives full track odds and uses the track pool.

Also, are there any harness tracks and/or internet waging sites that give you access to the program online for free? I can think of some greyhound tracks that do this (Tristate, for example). This would help keep my expenses low while I learn. It's hard to make money with the occasional $2 bet if you have to spend that much for a program.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but hopefully there is something out there for me!

Thanks!

JustRalph
07-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Depends on what tracks you want to play, unfortunately.

You have to decide where you want to play. Not all ADW's have all tracks.

Start there first.

BillW
07-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Your state of residence plays a big part too. No ADW is available in all 50 states.

KMS
07-21-2008, 03:58 AM
I've been using Twinspires for a while and am "relatively" satisfied, with the main drawback being the unavailability of several tracks that I like to play, but you're going to get that with any of them, unfortunately. Whether they have "plenty" of harness tracks depends on your definition, but they have several.

Off topic: I'm almost to the point of opening accounts with multiple ADW's, just so I can cover all the tracks. Too many times, a race at an embargoed track would have made the difference between a winning and losing day.

vgeek
07-21-2008, 04:57 AM
Twinspires and Youbet offer free data on tracks that you wager. Twinspires has free video and replays if you meet $50/5 day and other wagering requirements. Youbet has 2 months free, and if you don't meet their wagering requirements, there's a $11/month fee if you don't do $350 a month.
Besides these two, Xpressbet has $1 pp's I believe, while TVG may have free data, but they have a .25 per wager fee up to $20/month, which is ridiculous, paying them to make a bet.

csmith
07-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm looking to dip my toe into the horse racing world. I don't live near an OTB site (or track for that matter), so I'm looking for a reliable internet site to set up an account with.

I'm looking for something that is friendly to the newbie who isn't betting a huge bankroll. I'd like to start with $2 bets, and see how things go from there.

I'd prefer a site that:
1) Has good withdrawal policies. I'd like to be able to make at least one withdrawal per month for free, regardless of the amount. (i.e.: No charging for withdrawals less than $50, etc.)
2) Has replays and hopefully live coverage.
3) Has plenty of harness tracks.
4) Does not charge a monthly fee, even for a low bettor.
5) Is a valid United States operation that gives full track odds and uses the track pool.

Also, are there any harness tracks and/or internet waging sites that give you access to the program online for free? I can think of some greyhound tracks that do this (Tristate, for example). This would help keep my expenses low while I learn. It's hard to make money with the occasional $2 bet if you have to spend that much for a program.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but hopefully there is something out there for me!

Thanks!

For my money Premier Turf Club is the best by far. Check them out

KMS
07-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Twinspires and Youbet offer free data on tracks that you wager. Twinspires has free video and replays if you meet $50/5 day and other wagering requirements. Youbet has 2 months free, and if you don't meet their wagering requirements, there's a $11/month fee if you don't do $350 a month.
Besides these two, Xpressbet has $1 pp's I believe, while TVG may have free data, but they have a .25 per wager fee up to $20/month, which is ridiculous, paying them to make a bet.

I'm not sure how closely twinspires adheres to their stated wagering minimums for free video. I've gone on extended hiatuses, and come back and had access immediately. I suspect that if you don't completely abuse the priviledge, you're okay.

vgeek
07-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Its $50 on the last 5 wagering days, so its a really easy requirement, $10 a day. I forgot to mention, Twinspires TV is hands down the best streaming video online that I know of right now, its almost live, at most a 2-3 second delay from TVG and even/ahead of HRTV, plus its more than double the bitrate of Youbet and regular video streams. For now, Twinspires is the best option for many, they just aren't a sponsor here so they're not pushed as much.

cj
07-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Its $50 on the last 5 wagering days, so its a really easy requirement, $10 a day. I forgot to mention, Twinspires TV is hands down the best streaming video online that I know of right now, its almost live, at most a 2-3 second delay from TVG and even/ahead of HRTV, plus its more than double the bitrate of Youbet and regular video streams. For now, Twinspires is the best option for many, they just aren't a sponsor here so they're not pushed as much.

They have some good things, like the video, and they have been "pushed" here many times. Sponsors don't get preferential treatment here just because they are sponsors. Just ask jonnielu! It could be that Twinspires doesn't provide some things customers want.

KMS
07-21-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm definitely interested in PTC. As I said before, I'm considering spreading the wealth around to hit more tracks, and they're on my list.

raybo
07-22-2008, 12:19 AM
BetPad.com is a split-off from Brisbet.com, like Twinspires. I use it and have no complaints.

railman305
07-22-2008, 12:58 PM
twinspires would win hands down to me cause of the free PPs and live video, but I barely use them, I just bet $2 a race to get my free PPs and the min. amount for videos, I use it just for the vids and PPs.Their rebate system blows with picking stuff out of a catalog or wager 5000 to get a $10 voucher.

I use premier turf club for all the tracks they have because their rebates are tops, and use bodog so I can bet on all tracks that premier turf club doesn't cover, and I get 3-5% rebate at bodog.

So to get everything I need to use all 3, if only a ADW could come out with rebates, live video, and free PPs so I could consolidate them all together.