PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Picks July 20th, 2008

funkydj
07-20-2008, 07:17 AM
It's getaway day at Belmont. The horse trailers have long made the trek up north on I-87 to Saratoga. But today we have a nine race card and some enticing plays. So, keep the car running for the Spa but your head still at Big Sandy.

Race 1- Initially, I was favoring the # 5 PRECISE ACTION with Coa, third off layoff, and early speed (all good attributes). However, I took the stand for the # 1 MCCALMONT. This gelding scratched out of a sprint yesterday in the ninth at Belmont. Interestingly, Coa was supposed to ride McCalmont yesterday. Positive factors for McCalmont are preference for the distance, affinity for Belmont, and some early speed which is not plentiful in this opening race.

We would like to see 4/1 odds or better in this bottom level 10L claimer. Win bet if acceptable odds and be sure to use in your exotics.

Race 3- 35 K Maiden Claimers on the turf. This kind of race lends to pricier winners as faves only clock in the winner circle at 10%. Thus, who can bring us some green? # 7 WINLOC'S BID D gains the services of Jean-Luc Samyn and has shown some closing kick on the grass. # 5 NAPOLEON DYNAMITE also can bring the heat in the final furlongs. Trainer Paolino Ortiz excels with a move up in class.

Play: You should be able to get 5/1 odds or higher on each horse. So, two win wagers are likely.

Race 6- Johnny V in the place to be on the # 7BETTER THAN SWISS. Cutting back from two routes to a sprint and has some early sticking power. Price may not be huge but if the public lets this one get away at 3/1 or better, we will jump on it.

Good Luck and see you at the Spa.
www.winatthehorses.com (http://www.winatthehorses.com)

pktruckdriver
07-20-2008, 10:47 AM
BELMONT

1- 5 PRECISE ACTION 3-1
2- 8 SCOTT'S CHOICE 6-1
3- 6 FORTISSI MORE 9-2
4- 8 ARTISTIC TALENT 5-2
5- 3 BROKEN TREATY 3-1
6- 10 FIONA FREUD 3-1
7- 6 METINICUS 8-1
8- 7 MARKET PSYCHOLOGY 5-2
9- 11 ALYSSA GIVONNA 5-2

Good Luck All

lamboguy
07-20-2008, 11:01 AM
i am going all in on TRIPPIN UP

BIG HIT
07-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Thought join thread with my bel pick
Race#1 #3 has spd going back to a dist he like dropping Box with3\2\6
Race#5 #2 consistent has some kick Box with #4 inp spd
Race#9 #11 consistent with these horse that his biggest plus
P.S Guy's my record posting on board suck's don't know why guess because every one will see them.But picked these before thought of putting them on board that may help LOL have good day