PDA

View Full Version : Don't Forget Evening Attire

Stevie Belmont
07-18-2008, 09:58 PM
In at Philly
http://drf.com/news/article/96455.html

joanied
07-19-2008, 11:09 AM
How can anyone forget this incredible horse...I wish him all the luck today and hope he wins...
another of our favorite oldies is running Sunday in the Eddie Read...Lava Man will try again to get in the winners circle... hope he makes it.

jognlope
07-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Not me. You can watch live race at phily park website. Go big man!!

joanied
07-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Not me. You can watch live race at phily park website. Go big man!!

I have the TV set to record from HRTV... I decided recently I don't like the TVG telecasts...at least none that I've seen, and the reception from HRTV is way better.

GO, EA, GO:jump:
GO, LAVA MAN, GO :jump:

Tom
07-19-2008, 03:54 PM
He was rooooooooooooooooooooooooooolling! :jump:

Nice too se the old boy dominate a field like that!

jognlope
07-19-2008, 03:56 PM
OMG!!!! What a guy. in 96 degree heat!!!

I think he won by 7 lengths!

toetoe
07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
I love Barcola. Sorry, I just do. :kiss:

MickJ26
07-19-2008, 05:15 PM

I know he didn't beat much, but, he sure did it in style.
2:29 for a mile and half in brutal, oppresive heat is pretty darn good.
It'd be nice to see the old boy in the BC Marathon.

Grits
07-19-2008, 05:48 PM
He was rooooooooooooooooooooooooooolling! :jump:

Nice too se the old boy dominate a field like that!

;) Indeed, Tom, indeed. I was thrilled! The chart states by 8 1/4 lengths.;)

THIS is Attire's best distance. Always has been.

http://racing.bloodhorse.com/article/46219.htm

joanied
07-19-2008, 07:29 PM

aaarrggghhhh:bang: my TV didn't record....I'm furious...hey guys, I have tried BloodHorse, NYRA, TB Times, PhillyPark site and DRF (I need to pay there and won't)...I can't find a video of EA's race...HELP:faint: Can someone please post a link... I wanna see the ol' man do his thing...I'm so thrilled he won for fun :jump:

THANKS!!!

ghostyapper
07-19-2008, 07:50 PM
http://ntra.com/video.aspx?id=33697

foregoforever
07-19-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.ntra.com/video.aspx?id=33697

Grits
07-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Also: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/breederscup08/news/story?id=3496757 (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/breederscup08/news/story?id=3496757)

joanied
07-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you :ThmbUp:

That was :jump: awesome...he did his thing in the gate...took a little snooze, but broke pretty good...that was wonderful to watch, just blew them away...and took 2 seconds off the track record too!!
I couldn't be prouder of EA if I owned him... outstanding!!

I wasn't too interested in the BC Marathon...but I am now:ThmbUp:

Thanks, guys.

ezrabrooks
07-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Those Philly Stewards all should be put on Report for letting the old guy start.. Got to protect the bettors..

lilmegahertz
07-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Ohhh you gotta just LOVE it when the old guys show those kids how it is done....a big woo hoo to you EA!!!!:jump:

jognlope
07-19-2008, 09:06 PM
He's adorable, nicest, deep eyes underneath those big old blinkers.

wegoosewe
07-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Those Philly Stewards all should be put on Report for letting the old guy start.. Got to protect the bettors..

what are you talking about????:confused:

Pace Cap'n
07-20-2008, 07:32 AM
what are you talking about????:confused:

This...

My personal opinion is that Evening Attire should no longer be allowed to race. It just isn't fair to bettors, and like it or not, this game is about gambling.

I'm sure those that bet him to win were thrilled. :rolleyes: Now, I think you would have to be pretty dumb to bet him to win, but the stewards are supposed to protect the public.

Grits
07-20-2008, 09:44 AM
I'll ask. When Evening Attire next runs, please, don't put up another thread noting his entry. Let it be. Let him run his race.

For those that enjoy Attire's races, whether he finishes first, second, third, or a football field's length up the track, just be pleased for him, for his effort and for his owners and trainer, and know once again, you've watched a pretty special racehorse. A TEN YEAR OLD that yesterday ran down a stakes winner, and set a track record while bringing his money earned to right at 3 MM. Not to mention, earned a start on Breeders' Cup Day.

If you don't want to bet him, keep your money in your pocket. If you leave him off your gimmicks, do so at your own peril, your own judgement. IF you were mistaken and lost DEAL WITH IT, please. Its horseracing.

Not a steward, not a publication, not anyone, anywhere, in this country has bitched about THIS racehorse. Or his coming out of the gate a tick slower. ONLY at Pace Advantage have these comments been made. No where else.

What this is giving Pace Advantage, and its an unfortunate destinction, is the realization, the adamant belief, horseplayers can't be suited, we'll bitch about anything and anyone, even a TEN year old Grade 1 stakes winner.

It's better to let it be, but what my comments, now, will probably do is backfire. The thread will morph into a pissing match. Though I hope not.

Instead, maybe let the horse run his races, and either watch him, or ignore him. Its an easy choice. I've always been one of those that watch. And I'll continue to. In simple language, its just damn unfortunate. Everytime this horse steps on a racetrack; here at PA, he's being slammed.

You guys square off, and carry on, I'm sure I've said more than enough. Too, I know opinion is part of each of us.

Meantime, keep rollin' EA, keep rollin'!

wegoosewe
07-20-2008, 10:27 AM
i just dont understand what the problem is with him racing? he still gets the job done? the horse gets out of the gate slow,but who really cares if the horse gets to the finish line before everyone else? i am glad the connections have kept him in the game. even looking at the race yesterday he was easily 4 if not 5 wide into the first turn, 2nd turn he was about 3 wide and then the last and final he saved some ground and blew them away. The horse can run and loves to do it. So seriously why is there a issue with him running? cause i still dont get

jognlope
07-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Many more horses would have the chance to race as older horses if they weren't put to stud.

MickJ26
07-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Many more horses would have the chance to race as older horses if they weren't put to stud.

Don't forget Evening Attire is a gelding.
If he weren't, then he would've gone to stud years ago.

joanied
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Ohboy... I can't beleive anyone can complain about Evening Attire racing. If someone beleives this horse should not be racing, because he'd be a poor betting interest:confused: ...then don't watch him run and don't bet. Kinda simple, eh!!

The old boy breaks slow...has nothing to do with his age, he's always been that way, and I think 99% of his fans expect to see him break slow...it's become an endearing 'trademark' for EA.
When I rubbed horses at Belmont I knew TJ Kelley very well, and his sons too... if you ever spent time in TJ's barn you would know that he cared about his horses as if they were his children...he spent time in every stall, knew every hair on every horse's body, so to speak, he mixed all the feed and fed the horses himself...the man was incredible, and no doubt, Pat is the same way...no way he'd run EA if the horse wasn't 100% healthy, sound and still absolutley loving his 'job'.
And in the Goodwin on Saturday, I'd say the old boy looked more like a 4 year old running down the field, breaking the record and having the time of his life...he loves to run!!

I cannot wait to see him kick some young butt in the BC Marathon...
keep on rollin' EA...we love ya.

wegoosewe
07-20-2008, 11:28 AM
his next race will be at the aug 9 (maybe)

joanied
07-20-2008, 11:39 AM
his next race will be at the aug 9 (maybe)

HUH:confused:

atlasaxis
07-20-2008, 11:41 AM

Evidentally EA thrashed whomever Ezrabrooks bet on...lol...Rock on EA, rock on!

wegoosewe
07-20-2008, 11:57 AM
sorry should have explained myself better. spoke to my buddy yesterday who is freinds with the trainer and owners of ea. The next race he is being pointed to is on Aug 9 at the spa. Looked it up in the condition book, its the Duke Of Magenta stakes. its a mile and 3/16ths. its only 100,000 dollar race. but with the lack of distance races out there its tough to be picking spots.

Marshall Bennett
07-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Ya can't help but love to watch him . He breaks slow , when he's 15 he may be breaking in the wrong direction but who cares ? As long as he doesn't hurt himself and stays healthy , put him in against 5k claimers . He's unusual but a lot of fun , good for the game . :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
If EA should not be allowd to race, then I can name about 10 or 12 entire tracks that should shut down!

We had a horse - Sagely - ran until he was 15 at FL - won his 100+ races liftime and retired.

Cratos
07-20-2008, 05:21 PM
This was class raising its head and Evening Attire simply outclassed that field.

ezrabrooks
07-20-2008, 06:12 PM
I'll ask. When Evening Attire next runs, please, don't put up another thread noting his entry. Let it be. Let him run his race.

For those that enjoy Attire's races, whether he finishes first, second, third, or a football field's length up the track, just be pleased for him, for his effort and for his owners and trainer, and know once again, you've watched a pretty special racehorse. A TEN YEAR OLD that yesterday ran down a stakes winner, and set a track record while bringing his money earned to right at 3 MM. Not to mention, earned a start on Breeders' Cup Day.

If you don't want to bet him, keep your money in your pocket. If you leave him off your gimmicks, do so at your own peril, your own judgement. IF you were mistaken and lost DEAL WITH IT, please. Its horseracing.

Not a steward, not a publication, not anyone, anywhere, in this country has bitched about THIS racehorse. Or his coming out of the gate a tick slower. ONLY at Pace Advantage have these comments been made. No where else.

What this is giving Pace Advantage, and its an unfortunate destinction, is the realization, the adamant belief, horseplayers can't be suited, we'll bitch about anything and anyone, even a TEN year old Grade 1 stakes winner.

It's better to let it be, but what my comments, now, will probably do is backfire. The thread will morph into a pissing match. Though I hope not.

Instead, maybe let the horse run his races, and either watch him, or ignore him. Its an easy choice. I've always been one of those that watch. And I'll continue to. In simple language, its just damn unfortunate. Everytime this horse steps on a racetrack; here at PA, he's being slammed.

You guys square off, and carry on, I'm sure I've said more than enough. Too, I know opinion is part of each of us.

Meantime, keep rollin' EA, keep rollin'!

Grits...lighten up. I think it is the majority opinion on PA that EA is good for racing....regardless of my tongue in cheek comment.

JMG
07-20-2008, 08:43 PM
sorry should have explained myself better. spoke to my buddy yesterday who is freinds with the trainer and owners of ea. The next race he is being pointed to is on Aug 9 at the spa. Looked it up in the condition book, its the Duke Of Magenta stakes. its a mile and 3/16ths. its only 100,000 dollar race. but with the lack of distance races out there its tough to be picking spots.
Right now I think it is very unlikely that we will run him on 8/9. At the beginning of the year I begged NYRA to have a 10F stakes race in Saratoga. I was told they cannot get enough horses to enter. A reporter told me a couple of weeks ago that during the ten year period NYRA ran the Saratoga Breeders Cup at 10F they had a lot more runner in that than in the 9F Whitney. So before the Saratoga book came out we asked again that they write a long race. We were told that they would have at least a 10F race if not a three turn race. When the book came out with the longest race for older horses was at 1 3/16 that is when we decided to go to Philly. His next race will probably be 8/23 in Delaware. I would love to see him run in Saratoga as I have a home here but NYRA obviously thinks that the fans in Saratoga don’t want long races for older horses.

BTW if he were to run on 8/9 with this win he would have to carry 123 pounds. The high weight in the Whitney is probably going to have to only carry 120 pound but that is another discussion.

wegoosewe
07-20-2008, 08:52 PM
i think it could be an oppertunity to steal one the race could come up soft

JustRalph
07-20-2008, 11:03 PM
JMG,

Congrats on a Great win and a great horse!! :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Once again, Kudos to NYRA for missing the boat.:ThmbDown:

Stevie Belmont
07-21-2008, 10:20 AM
That might have been his most impressive win ever. He was the only horse in there who was proven at the distance to begin with. I never looked at the race on paper, but knew he was running. Good for him. It really is quiet amazing that he still can get it done on dirt at his age and distance. I guess the Spa is next.

Stevie Belmont
07-21-2008, 10:25 AM
That guy had 124 career starts and won 51 of them, not bad.

If EA should not be allowd to race, then I can name about 10 or 12 entire tracks that should shut down!

We had a horse - Sagely - ran until he was 15 at FL - won his 100+ races liftime and retired.

joanied
07-21-2008, 10:25 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. I know we'll all look forward to that one...and the ol' boy dosn't have to win by 8 and set another record...he can take his usual gate snooze, then kick some more butt :jump:

On another note for the older generation of horses...Lava Man was looking mighty good in the Eddie Read, then just gave way...broke my heart.
I guess they'll have to decide what to do with him now...retire him or try him in a little softer race?
That horse has given us such thrills and he has secured his place in racing history.
Love ya, Lava Man!!

Marshall Bennett
07-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Send him over to Pinnacle Race Course . :D