PDA

View Full Version : How to delete search cookies?

so.cal.fan
07-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Is there any way to delete the cookies that show up on Google or other websites where you have made an error or more often in my case my old address keeps showing up along with the good one.
It's a small annoyance, but I was just curious if there is a way to clean these out?

whyhorseofcourse
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Is there any way to delete the cookies that show up on Google or other websites where you have made an error or more often in my case my old address keeps showing up along with the good one.
It's a small annoyance, but I was just curious if there is a way to clean these out?

If you are in firefox you can go to tools, clear private data.
It will give you options just delete what you want.

Another way would be goto
START MENU
Then search
And search in ALL FILES AND FOLDERS
and type cookies

Delete everything but index.

gillenr
07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
A tedious method is to highlight & delete - one by one. For some reason, ccleaner doesn't get them all.

so.cal.fan
07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm using IE.

BillW
07-18-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm using IE.

Under the tools menu, select Internet options. On the General page there is a "Browse history" section. Click delete there and then click "form data" See how that works.

so.cal.fan
07-18-2008, 05:48 PM
They don't have a browse history on mine, Bill....you can delete cookies, but I really don't want to delete all my passwords, such as PA.
It's just annoying when I Google something, everything under the first letter I have ever searched for comes up...it's really not that important....I was just wondering if there is a simple way to delete all that excess.
Gillenr suggests deleting one by one.....my damn computer won't even let me do that! :bang:
Oh, well, I suppose I can live with the extra bother.......computers are making us all IMPATIENT to a fault :D

DJofSD
07-18-2008, 06:28 PM
You can download and use CrapCleaner to do that.

robert99
07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
They don't have a browse history on mine, Bill....you can delete cookies, but I really don't want to delete all my passwords, such as PA.
It's just annoying when I Google something, everything under the first letter I have ever searched for comes up...it's really not that important....I was just wondering if there is a simple way to delete all that excess.
Gillenr suggests deleting one by one.....my damn computer won't even let me do that! :bang:
Oh, well, I suppose I can live with the extra bother.......computers are making us all IMPATIENT to a fault :D

What you could do is get a copy of RoboForm which is free for one browser.
That keeps all your fill in data and passwords secure and encrypted - you can edit each item term by term and store it away from IE if puter crashes. What you are doing now is not secure. Once Roboform has your currently wanted data added then you can go to IE Tools and click Delete for all your old IE form/ cookie /etc data.

JustRalph
07-18-2008, 06:31 PM
http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=465

check here

if you do the "clear history" you are going to lose history from everywhere, including the "run" line off the start menu.

I do it every so often anyway........just to get rid of the crap